Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(11-06-2019, 05:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 04:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good grief. So now it's a generational thing?  No one is asking for instant gratification.  In fact, starting Foles would be the reason for instant gratification rather than taking your lumps with the rookie QB in order to give him a better future. "Win every game now" mantra would mean starting Foles. Not Minshew.

Minshew gives you a chance to win AND AT THE SAME TIME, allows him to develop. If you think Foles is going to come in here and be this HOF upgrade, you may want to think again.

Regarding the part in bold, I would say that some of the people posting that "the season is over" or "the team can't make it to the playoffs" or "if the team makes it to the playoffs they can't win" qualifies as "instant gratification" since the season is barely beyond the halfway point and the Jaguars have not been eliminated from anything yet.  You don't make a player choice based on the perception that "playoffs are hopeless".

Minshew gives you A chance to win but does he give you the BEST chance to win?  Again, the Head Coach's job is to win football games and put the best players out there to win games, not concede a season that is at the halfway point to "develop" or "evaluate" players.

The bottom line is that Coach Marrone is making the choice and selection based on the body of work of both players and selected the better one (in his opinion).

Nobody said anything about Foles being a "HOF upgrade".  What I am saying is that Coach Marrone probably made the correct choice for someone in his position.  As a fan, I wouldn't mind them rolling with Minshew, but as a logical thinker I understand the decision.

Well said. Frankly there are good reasons to start Foles, and there are good reasons to start Minshew. I don't know how anyone can see this as one way being 100% correct and the other 100% wrong.

I love Minshew, but I completely understand the reasoning to start Foles and I don't have any problem with it.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-05-2019, 03:03 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-05-2019, 03:24 PM
RE: Nick Foles To Start For Jaguars Game @ Colts - by JagJohn - 11-06-2019, 08:48 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-08-2019, 06:58 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 12-02-2019, 01:18 PM