Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(11-13-2019, 04:10 PM)mal234 Wrote: There are some videos out on Twitter now after practice of both Nick and Gardner talking. They both seem supportive of each other and willing to help one another which is nice to see. Gardner said that he was disappointed that he wasn't named the starter but that he is grateful to have started half a season and got the experience. And that he will help Nick in any way he can and will try and grow as a QB. He also mentioned how he has experience with losing a starting position before and going to the bench (His junior year at ECU). And Nick also spoke well of Gardner and said he will continue to help him as well and that he appreciates the QB room they have.

I would have liked to have seen GM play more this season, but I think that overall he really did a do a nice job for a 6th round rookie and help keep the team in position to still make the playoffs. There are some backups out there, that are just there and have never really contributed much to a team. As evidenced by teams in the past who couldn't get hardly any help from their backups when their starters went down. Even when they had the opportunity to start.Gardner performed considerably better than them.  He can be proud of how he played overall and can take even more pride in that if the Jags do make the playoffs.

Some of Nick's fans particularly the ones that are just his fans,, who abandoned the Eagles when he left and who are not really fans of the Jags are irritating. The way they act regarding Gardner is obnoxious. But Nick seems like a really nice guy, a good leader and a good mentor. I believe he provided better mentoring to Gardner than he would have gotten on a lot of teams. I hope that Nick peforms well and that he can help lead the Jags to the playoffs.

I'm glad they both have the attitudes that they have. And hopefully the team will be able to perform well during this second half and make the playoffs. I do think they have a chance.

Kudos.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-05-2019, 03:03 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-05-2019, 03:24 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-08-2019, 06:58 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 12-02-2019, 01:18 PM
RE: Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17 - by JagsFansince1995 - 11-13-2019, 04:13 PM