Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Defensive Coaching

Per NFL.com, JuJu on Ramsey:

"He talks a lot," Smith-Schuster said of Ramsey. "He talks so much. He said so many cuss words I've never heard of, and I'm 22 years old. He's a good player, man.

"It's a lot different than him being in Jacksonville, where he's able to do whatever he wants. Over here, he has to pretty much do what he's told. He has to listen to [Eric] Weddle. It's different. It's a great experience. I wish we had more balls thrown at us, but it's hard when you're double-teamed."

So...do our coaches let our players freewheel far too often, or was it just Ramsey?  Could this explain the lack of gap discipline and random coverage breakdowns? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2019, 03:28 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Per NFL.com, JuJu on Ramsey:

"He talks a lot," Smith-Schuster said of Ramsey. "He talks so much. He said so many cuss words I've never heard of, and I'm 22 years old. He's a good player, man.

"It's a lot different than him being in Jacksonville, where he's able to do whatever he wants. Over here, he has to pretty much do what he's told. He has to listen to [Eric] Weddle. It's different. It's a great experience. I wish we had more balls thrown at us, but it's hard when you're double-teamed."

So...do our coaches let our players freewheel far too often, or was it just Ramsey?  Could this explain the lack of gap discipline and random coverage breakdowns? 

JSS is a receiver for the steelers.  He doesn't know what goes on in our DB meeting room.  

That whole narrative about Ramsey freelancing is some overblown garbage anyway.  It probably happened in total fewer than a dozen snaps the past two seasons.  Which is a drop in the bucket. 

I have issues with the defensive coaching in Jax, but it has zero to do with Ramsey or Smith-Schuster.

(11-11-2019, 03:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

JSS is a receiver for the steelers.  He doesn't know what goes on in our DB meeting room.  

That whole narrative about Ramsey freelancing is some overblown garbage anyway.  It probably happened in total fewer than a dozen snaps the past two seasons.  Which is a drop in the bucket. 

I have issues with the defensive coaching in Jax, but it has zero to do with Ramsey or Smith-Schuster.

Rams play a different scheme than us. Play more called man (so Ramsey doesn't have to "freelance") and Ramsey never quite had a guy like Weddle to call the shots, so to speak, for the DBs.
AJ was a vet, and Gip too, but they aren't Weddle type vets.

Also... Wade Phillips > Wash no matter what lol

I think that comment is more about Weddle being top dog in that defensive backfield - team captain.

(11-11-2019, 03:36 PM)scottyg Wrote:

I think that comment is more about Weddle being top dog in that defensive backfield - team captain.

This. Ramsey isnt asked to be the leader or captain.
Not ready for that responsibility

(11-11-2019, 04:09 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 03:36 PM)scottyg Wrote: I think that comment is more about Weddle being top dog in that defensive backfield - team captain.

This. Ramsey isnt asked to be the leader or captain.
Not worthy of that responsibility

ftfy

Ramsey’s personality sells ads. He’s intriguing. Slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Since being traded to Los Angeles, Jalen Ramsey has surrendered 14 completions on 17 targets for 202 yds and an NFL passer rating of 116.2. Ramsey has also gotten his hand on just one ball all year (week 2 against Houston)"

(11-11-2019, 03:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I took that as JSS learning about JS freelancing when he watched film on him with his coaches. Comparing film on JS with the Jags to JS on the Rams