Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kaepernick workout

(11-19-2019, 06:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Does anyone even consider the fact that an alternate location was conveniently available and set up 30 minutes prior to the "planned workout"?  The logistics of moving to an alternate location doesn't "just happen" quickly, especially given the time-frame.

It was a media stunt from the beginning and though I usually don't agree with him I think that Stephan A. Smith was right on point.  It was never about a waiver and never about him wanting to play again.  He just wants media exposure and eventually to cash in.

I don't know if you have been following the story but the Kap Camp and NFL camp had a hard time agreeing on terms so once it ran into difficulty they looked for other options. Kap had never planned to have any workout , the NFL did, and once Kap saw what their intentions were they pivoted.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-19-2019, 06:40 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 06:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Does anyone even consider the fact that an alternate location was conveniently available and set up 30 minutes prior to the "planned workout"?  The logistics of moving to an alternate location doesn't "just happen" quickly, especially given the time-frame.

It was a media stunt from the beginning and though I usually don't agree with him I think that Stephan A. Smith was right on point.  It was never about a waiver and never about him wanting to play again.  He just wants media exposure and eventually to cash in.

I don't know if you have been following the story but the Kap Camp and NFL camp had a hard time agreeing on terms so once it ran into difficulty they looked for other options. Kap had never planned to have any workout , the NFL did, and once Kap saw what their intentions were they pivoted.

So the NFL just decided on its own to have a workout for a guy that’s been out of the league for how long now? Does that really seem logical to you?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-19-2019, 09:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 06:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't know if you have been following the story but the Kap Camp and NFL camp had a hard time agreeing on terms so once it ran into difficulty they looked for other options. Kap had never planned to have any workout , the NFL did, and once Kap saw what their intentions were they pivoted.

So the NFL just decided on its own to have a workout for a guy that’s been out of the league for how long now? Does that really seem logical to you?

Not sure if you have followed the story either but that's exactly why nobody believed the NFL had good intentions. There was zero contact with Kap camp prior to the workout being announced, and he was given an ultimatum of a few hours to accept 

Don't get it twisted, Kap didn't ask the NFL for a workout. You haven't even seen the NFL say that, which they could prove pretty easily.

(11-18-2019, 01:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: So the NFL workout was a complete sham, as expected. Kap just made them look really foolish

See I took it the other way - refusing to do the workout on the league's terms and altering the plan in the 11th hour was highly unprofessional. If you are serious about a comeback, you go, you blow the doors off the building, then you gripe about the things you weren't happy with when you have a microphone in front of you.

It screamed of more of the same to be expected by whoever takes a chance on him, if there are any takers. His complete unwillingness to bend, compromise, or attempt to work within someone else's boundaries confirmed that the leopard's spots have not changed.

I had zero interest before this workout, and somehow now have even less.

(11-16-2019, 10:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/kevinmdraper/status/...49760?s=09

...I may not be a marketing guru, but why the fart do you need team names for an ad about a guy 3 years removed from the league? Especially if none of them end up signing him?

...Nike gonna burn the bridges they have with all the teams that no-show? ...They gonna applaud the teams that sent an intern to take a few notes?

I smell rats.
Kap and his crew also smelled rats and didn't take the bait. The NFL in exchange for this supposite public workout (to which he was only given an two day notice) asked Kap to sign an waiver that would prevent him from seeking futher grieviences, (if that was even possible). Also he wouldn't be allowed to video tape the workout, only the NFL could do so. The NFL would also be able to speak upon his behalf as they wished.

Upon smelling this rat, Kap conducted his own workout and sent the footage to all NFL teams to ensure that it was delivered and proved his contact numbers in case someone was interested. We all know that Kap won't play in the NFL again and he too knows this.

I'll say it again, this is simply an PR move by the NFL.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 12:47 PM by mikesez.)

(11-19-2019, 09:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 09:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So the NFL just decided on its own to have a workout for a guy that’s been out of the league for how long now? Does that really seem logical to you?

Not sure if you have followed the story either but that's exactly why nobody believed the NFL had good intentions. There was zero contact with Kap camp prior to the workout being announced, and he was given an ultimatum of a few hours to accept 

Don't get it twisted, Kap didn't ask the NFL for a workout. You haven't even seen the NFL say that, which they could prove pretty easily.

And even though he didn't ask, even though he didn't initiate, he went ahead and showed up in Atlanta and did a workout in public, just not where they wanted him to be, and not under their contract.  I have no idea if his workout looked good or if he looked NFL ready, but I really doubt anyone in the NFL is trying to answer that question.  This whole thing really lowers my opinion of the NFL. Kaepernick didn't beat up any women, didn't beat up any kids, and didn't even intend to disrespect the military. If each of the 32 teams cared about winning games more than political opinions, he'd never have missed a year of playing time.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 08:10 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-19-2019, 09:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 06:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't know if you have been following the story but the Kap Camp and NFL camp had a hard time agreeing on terms so once it ran into difficulty they looked for other options. Kap had never planned to have any workout , the NFL did, and once Kap saw what their intentions were they pivoted.

Exactly!!! It doesn't at all...

(11-20-2019, 06:32 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 01:13 PM)Mikey Wrote: See I took it the other way - refusing to do the workout on the league's terms and altering the plan in the 11th hour was highly unprofessional. If you are serious about a comeback, you go, you blow the doors off the building, then you gripe about the things you weren't happy with when you have a microphone in front of you.

It screamed of more of the same to be expected by whoever takes a chance on him, if there are any takers. His complete unwillingness to bend, compromise, or attempt to work within someone else's boundaries confirmed that the leopard's spots have not changed.

I had zero interest before this workout, and somehow now have even less.

...I may not be a marketing guru, but why the fart do you need team names for an ad about a guy 3 years removed from the league? Especially if none of them end up signing him?

...Nike gonna burn the bridges they have with all the teams that no-show? ...They gonna applaud the teams that sent an intern to take a few notes?

I smell rats.
Kap and his crew also smelled rats and didn't take the bait. The NFL in exchange for this supposite public workout (to which he was only given an two day notice) asked Kap to sign an waiver that would prevent him from seeking futher grieviences, (if that was even possible). Also he wouldn't be allowed to video tape the workout, only the NFL could do so. The NFL would also be able to speak upon his behalf as they wished.

Upon smelling this rat, Kap conducted his own workout and sent the footage to all NFL teams to ensure that it was delivered and proved his contact numbers in case someone was interested. We all know that Kap won't play in the NFL again and he too knows this.

I'll say it again, this is simply an PR move by the NFL.

NH3...

Why after so many years why would the NFL give too [BLEEP]....it's a long over due story ....no body cares about Kaepernick.... nobody...and it's clear from his workouts and the press conference after he's all about proving another point and not actually playing in the NFL..

The guy literally wore a Fidel Castro shirt... and has the audacity to comment on human rights...Socks with police pigs on them.... This guy is a scumbag... I can see those two things and that's all I need to see to tell me what kind of person he is.... I mean come on he got multi-million dollars a year for playing a freaking game..Or did until he screwed it up... he never said a thing until he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert...He's just a punk... A spoiled little brat he deserved everything you got

(11-20-2019, 08:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: The guy literally wore a Fidel Castro shirt... and has the audacity to comment on human rights...Socks with police pigs on them.... This guy is a scumbag... I can see those two things and that's all I need to see to tell me what kind of person he is.... I mean come on he got multi-million dollars a year for playing a freaking game..Or did until he screwed it up... he never said a thing until he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert...He's just a punk... A spoiled little brat he deserved everything you got

The NFL let Michael Vick come back.
They also let Adrian Peterson come back.
I'm not saying Colin Kaepernick isn't a scumbag. I would never wear the clothes that he's worn and I would never say the things that he has said.
but I'm not convinced he's a worse scumbag than Michael Vick or Adrian Peterson. What Colin has done is not even illegal. He did not even deserve a suspension.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 08:46 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-20-2019, 08:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 08:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: The guy literally wore a Fidel Castro shirt... and has the audacity to comment on human rights...Socks with police pigs on them.... This guy is a scumbag... I can see those two things and that's all I need to see to tell me what kind of person he is.... I mean come on he got multi-million dollars a year for playing a freaking game..Or did until he screwed it up... he never said a thing until he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert...He's just a punk... A spoiled little brat he deserved everything you got

I'm not saying Colin Kaepernick isn't a scumbag. I would never wear the clothes that he's worn and I would never say the things that he has said.
but I'm not convinced he's a worse scumbag than Michael Vick or Adrian Peterson. What Colin has done is not even illegal. He did not even deserve a suspension.

well wait a minute he did have the opportunity to come back and I do believe he got an offer but he turned it down that's the difference... They're all scumbags let's be honest.. Adrian Peterson Michael Vick are way more of a commodity way more talented... Colin Kaepernick.. one hit wonder and he lost his job to Blaine gabbert.. he was on the down spiral lost his job then made a scene... I'm not saying that Adrian Peterson or Michael Vick are any better... But when you start kneeling to the pledge of allegiance in front of millions of fans that pay their hard-earned money...a lot of freaking money!! to go to these games.... It hits a little bit harder.... Especially when you're getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and you want to turn around and say that you're oppressed... It's a trifecta... Adrian Peterson Michael Vick came out apologized took their jail sentences or their suspensions... After that they shut up and went back to playing football.... Kaepernick didn't do that...

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 09:26 PM by mikesez.)

(11-20-2019, 08:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 08:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: The NFL let Michael Vick come back.

well wait a minute he did have the opportunity to come back and I do believe he got an offer but he turned it down that's the difference... They're all scumbags let's be honest.. Adrian Peterson Michael Vick are way more of a commodity way more talented... Colin Kaepernick.. one hit wonder and he lost his job to Blaine gabbert.. he was on the down spiral lost his job then made a scene... I'm not saying that Adrian Peterson or Michael Vick are any better... But when you start kneeling to the pledge of allegiance in front of millions of fans that pay their hard-earned money...a lot of freaking money!! to go to these games.... It hits a little bit harder.... Especially when you're getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and you want to turn around and say that you're oppressed... It's a trifecta... Adrian Peterson Michael Vick came out apologized took their jail sentences or their suspensions... After that they shut up and went back to playing football.... Kaepernick didn't do that...

Kaepernick had a meeting with the Ravens but no contract offer. He also had an appointment to do a workout with the Seahawks but it got canceled. That has been the extent of his contact with NFL front offices since he became a free agent in February 2017.  I am sure you remember that many other players kneeled in 2017, while Kaepernick was not playing. My personal theory is that the NFL owners are totally willing to accept controversial political statements from most players, but from a quarterback who would be the face of a franchise it is just too much for them.  It still ticks me off that they put that kind of image keeping out ahead of just winning games.  There are a lot of really pathetic quarterbacks starting in the league right now. Kaepernick definitely has the talent, still, to be a backup, and perhaps even a starter.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 09:32 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Can someone explain what they saw in those videos that I didn’t? He had arm strength, sure, but I didn’t see anything suggesting that he’s been practicing and working out for the last three years? He didn’t look like an NFL caliber QB to me.

(11-20-2019, 08:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Moral of the story: the shield owners will look beyond your faults if there is talent worth paying for. If Touchdown Tom started stabbing little voodoo dolls of Roger Goodell, eating flags, and publicly shaming Kraft for his massage therapy sessions, I promise you the majority of teams would put in a waiver claim the very second he got cut.

It's the same reason timmy is swinging bats in MiLB. it's not an agenda against his beliefs, it's that teams can find fair-to-middling talent in a multitude of ways without the added headaches. If either one could throw a ball over them mountains, they'd be on a sideline every Sunday.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 09:38 PM by nejagsfan.)

Listen the difference between Adrian Peterson and Michael Vick... Besides being better players all around is they weren't cancers of the locker room.... Nobody would touch Kaepernick with a ten-foot pole because he can't be trusted.... He also made it very clear that he was all about his political movement and not his wanting to play football.... He may well be a good backup quarterback for some team but like I said before the guy is a cancer cannot be trusted I wouldn't put him on my football team... Not in a hundred years...not if he was the last quarterback to stand.... I would put my kicker in as quarterback before I put him in LOL I think you get the point

(11-21-2019, 01:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Listen to the difference between Adrian Peterson and Michael Vick... Besides being better players all around is they weren't cancers of the locker room.... Nobody would touch Kaepernick with a ten-foot pole because he can't be trusted.... He also made it very clear that he was all about his political movement and not his wanting to play football.... He may well be a good backup quarterback for some team but like I said before the guy is a cancer cannot be trusted I wouldn't put him on my football team... Not in a hundred years...not if he was the last quarterback to stand.... I would put my kicker in as quarterback before I put him in LOL I think you get the point

None of his teammates with the 49ers thought he was a cancer, they voted him player of the year. 

Chip Kelly didn't think he was a cancer

(11-21-2019, 02:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 01:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Listen to the difference between Adrian Peterson and Michael Vick... Besides being better players all around is they weren't cancers of the locker room.... Nobody would touch Kaepernick with a ten-foot pole because he can't be trusted.... He also made it very clear that he was all about his political movement and not his wanting to play football.... He may well be a good backup quarterback for some team but like I said before the guy is a cancer cannot be trusted I wouldn't put him on my football team... Not in a hundred years...not if he was the last quarterback to stand.... I would put my kicker in as quarterback before I put him in LOL I think you get the point

None of his teammates with the 49ers thought he was a cancer, they voted him player of the year. 

Chip Kelly isn't the best barometer for that though.

And Kap is just an idiot with no principles of his own until his girlfriend gave him hers.

(11-21-2019, 04:10 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 02:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: None of his teammates with the 49ers thought he was a cancer, they voted him player of the year. 

Chip Kelly isn't the best barometer for that though.

And Kap is just an idiot with no principles of his own until his girlfriend gave him hers.

Chip Kelly the notorious hard [BLEEP] who would hate any kind of distraction? I think him not caring is a pretty good indicator, you'd be hard pressed to find any SF beat writers , coaches or team mates who said he was a cancer either.

(11-20-2019, 09:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 08:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: well wait a minute he did have the opportunity to come back and I do believe he got an offer but he turned it down that's the difference... They're all scumbags let's be honest.. Adrian Peterson Michael Vick are way more of a commodity way more talented... Colin Kaepernick.. one hit wonder and he lost his job to Blaine gabbert.. he was on the down spiral lost his job then made a scene... I'm not saying that Adrian Peterson or Michael Vick are any better... But when you start kneeling to the pledge of allegiance in front of millions of fans that pay their hard-earned money...a lot of freaking money!! to go to these games.... It hits a little bit harder.... Especially when you're getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and you want to turn around and say that you're oppressed... It's a trifecta... Adrian Peterson Michael Vick came out apologized took their jail sentences or their suspensions... After that they shut up and went back to playing football.... Kaepernick didn't do that...

Kaepernick had a meeting with the Ravens but no contract offer. He also had an appointment to do a workout with the Seahawks but it got canceled. That has been the extent of his contact with NFL front offices since he became a free agent in February 2017.  I am sure you remember that many other players kneeled in 2017, while Kaepernick was not playing. My personal theory is that the NFL owners are totally willing to accept controversial political statements from most players, but from a quarterback who would be the face of a franchise it is just too much for them.  It still ticks me off that they put that kind of image keeping out ahead of just winning games.  There are a lot of really pathetic quarterbacks starting in the league right now. Kaepernick definitely has the talent, still, to be a backup, and perhaps even a starter.

I may be wrong, but I thought that the 49'rs offered him a contract that he turned down.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 09:45 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-21-2019, 05:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 09:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: Kaepernick had a meeting with the Ravens but no contract offer. He also had an appointment to do a workout with the Seahawks but it got canceled. That has been the extent of his contact with NFL front offices since he became a free agent in February 2017.  I am sure you remember that many other players kneeled in 2017, while Kaepernick was not playing. My personal theory is that the NFL owners are totally willing to accept controversial political statements from most players, but from a quarterback who would be the face of a franchise it is just too much for them.  It still ticks me off that they put that kind of image keeping out ahead of just winning games.  There are a lot of really pathetic quarterbacks starting in the league right now. Kaepernick definitely has the talent, still, to be a backup, and perhaps even a starter.

I may be wrong, but I thought that the 49'rs offered him a contract that he turned down.

I'm almost positive he got offers and he turned it down...

(11-21-2019, 02:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:

When I'm saying is he became a cancer after his shenanigans... The NFL as a whole viewed him as a cancer... And the 49ers gave him man of the year? Was that before or after he got benched and lost his job to Blaine gabbert? That might have been the prior-year or the year before that when he went to the playoffs?... Regardless the guy became a cancer

Didn’t he start out by sitting on the bench after he got replaced by Goldie Locks Gabbert? Anyone else think this whole brouhaha got started because he was being a whiny little [BLEEP] and sat his pouting [BLEEP] down and threw out the racist national anthem stuff out afterwards to cover his behind for being a big crybaby?

Cuz the anthem was just as racist when he was the starter, right??
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???