Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Potential Head Coach

(11-21-2019, 01:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Jags are super cheap when it comes to paying their coaches so I'm thinking we go with Taggart

I agree and with the Jags preference for promoting from within the shitfest.

https://www.jaguars.com/team/front-offic...jimmy-luck

Jimmy luck- The man has been managing the Jaguars equipment since 2013. Plus he has luck in his name. Is it not his time? Sure, he doesn’t know schemes..or football stuffs or whatever..but he knows equipment. Name one game we lost due to equipment failure. I rest my case. 

I also may have an insider that suggest Jimmy would take like 2-300k a year..what a deal?!?!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We all want fresh and new but I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to bringing back JDR.

(11-22-2019, 06:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We all want fresh and new but I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to bringing back JDR.

As an outsider, I always felt he got shafted everywhere he has been.

I want a new coach to disappoint me

(11-21-2019, 05:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I just want to try someone risky instead.

[Image: 2Kj96Xm.jpg]

(11-21-2019, 09:10 PM)KingJones Wrote: Is no one going to mention Byron Leftwich??

No, and neither should you.

(11-22-2019, 06:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We all want fresh and new but I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to bringing back JDR.

Art Shell was a competent but unspectacular coach in Oakland for a long time before being let go. Al Davis brought him back a decade or so later. His OC was criticized for running an offense about as complex as a bed & breakfast, the season was a 2-14 disaster and Shell was promptly re-fired. Don't give JDR the chance to bring back Carl Smith and make himself into this franchise's Art Shell.

(11-21-2019, 03:58 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Matt Rhule from Baylor will be a hot candidate from the college ranks. Also worked for Coughlin in 2012 so the connection is there.

I hope the Coughlin connection won't be there to be honest.

(11-21-2019, 09:10 PM)KingJones Wrote: Is no one going to mention Byron Leftwich??

He's had like 2 years in the coaching ranks... He's not HC material yet.

(11-21-2019, 11:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: Kevin Stefanski

Young up and coming offensive mind who’s currently being mentored by one of the better offensive coaches in the past decade and a half.

Being mentored by who? Isn't Zimmer a defensive minded guy?
I do like how he has been an asst HC, and a positional coach all over the offense, and he certainly turned around the Vikes offense after they got rid of.... some guy...
oh yeah, the guy who we have. (Although to be fair to Flip, I wasn't really hating on him until this last game v the clots)

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to bringing him back as DC lol
A young HC with an offensive mind would do well having some (HC) experience at his DC position. 

But if we go the route of someone like Bieniemy... I think he'll probably poach guys from KC staff and perhaps people he worked with while at Colorado.

Oh God, people just love mediocrity around here. 

Might as well keep Marrone, JDR is not better.

(11-22-2019, 10:31 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 03:58 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Matt Rhule from Baylor will be a hot candidate from the college ranks. Also worked for Coughlin in 2012 so the connection is there.

I hope the Coughlin connection won't be there to be honest.

He's had like 2 years in the coaching ranks... He's not HC material yet.

(11-21-2019, 11:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: Kevin Stefanski

Young up and coming offensive mind who’s currently being mentored by one of the better offensive coaches in the past decade and a half.

Being mentored by who? Isn't Zimmer a defensive minded guy?
I do like how he has been an asst HC, and a positional coach all over the offense, and he certainly turned around the Vikes offense after they got rid of.... some guy...
oh yeah, the guy who we have. (Although to be fair to Flip, I wasn't really hating on him until this last game v the clots)
Gary Kubiak

Mike Leach.

(11-22-2019, 09:07 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Mike Leach.
His name keeps coming up. And I get it. But is he really the answer? I think he would end up like Chip Kelly in all honesty. You might get one surprising year out of him and then it all kind of goes off the rails.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 11:10 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Coach Kein as HC and OC
Bobby Boucher as DC

Mike Leach

(11-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 09:07 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Mike Leach.
His name keeps coming up. And I get it. But is he really the answer? I think he would end up like Chip Kelly in all honesty. You might get one surprising year out of him and then it all kind of goes off the rails.

He doesn’t have a bad resume...

Kentucky
  • Four NCAA, 42 SEC, and 116 school records broken as Kentucky's offensive coordinator[75]
Texas Tech Washington State

(11-23-2019, 01:57 AM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: His name keeps coming up. And I get it. But is he really the answer? I think he would end up like Chip Kelly in all honesty. You might get one surprising year out of him and then it all kind of goes off the rails.

He doesn’t have a bad resume...

He has also been successful in finding talent and making it work in his system. A QB that no one wants and hasn't played leads a power 5 conference. He was successful with lesser talent against better teams.

He definitely should be an option.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Well, at least he seems to have a winning season every other season or so. LOL 

But I always did like his attitude. Has an ex-coach of a team even ever come back to a team in the same capacity years later? Hmm. I'd rather stay away from re-treads though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 09:07 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Mike Leach.

I agree.. the risk of failure is high. But the reward would also be high I believe.. I say you take a shot for a fan base that’s bored of smash mouth football. Might just be the change we need.

Pony up some money and get Bill Cowher.
'02

(11-23-2019, 10:53 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Pony up some money and get Bill Cowher.
That's been kicked around forever now. I think he's content on doing Sunday morning's for CBS.

Just feels like it's been too long for him to come back now. Gruden went 10 years before coming back.

Cowher is nearing 14 on his end. He's already 62 years old. Just doesn't seem like the type of guy to come back.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

At this point, I really don't care.. For God's sakes though, if they don't work out after their 2nd or 3rd year, get rid of them. Let's not give them the 5-6 year cushion..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]