Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Potential Head Coach

(11-24-2019, 12:14 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: Should we also discuss who will replace Caldwell?

The thing about Caldwell is he is pretty bad on first round picks I will give you that. An signing free agents has been hit or miss. but he is real good at rounds 2-7 and undrafted free agents. We hae found some solid and even better then good players in those rounds. Im not all fired up to replace him. I would like to see him with a good coach who can take the talent he finds and have them ready to play. #fireMaron

If i had to pick a replacement coach im good with Mike MaCarthy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 09:54 PM by jagsfan06.)

I would try to identify the best young, up and coming offensive minded coach with exceptional organizational skills.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 08:49 PM by rocdee.)

LINCOLN

RILEY

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 09:09 PM by Caldrac.)

Mike McCarthy for HC - Already planning for a 2020 return, watching film and building his staff. 125 - 77 in his career. Won a Superbowl. Good offensive minded coach.

All of you wanting an upstart college coach or unproven coordinator that has no HC experience or some mediocre HC are foolish. We tried that with Bradley, Mularkey and Marrone. Doesn't work.

Mike Borgonzi for GM - Currently Director of Football Ops. for the Chiefs. Kansas City has done nothing but serve as a farm for the NFL's modern game as far as philosophical approaches on offense and speed being the key.

Borgonzi should be next. Chris Ballard bolted for the clots GM job and quickly turned it around. When faced with the abrupt retirement of Luck his team remains relatively competent.

Borgonzi would bring much of that approach here. I think it's a good start. And we have promising youth on this roster still with plenty of draft picks to build upon.

Here's to hoping Mr. Khan doesn't [BLEEP] the bed here for the 2nd or 3rd time. Please let 2020 be a clean break. No more leftovers from past failures please!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-21-2019, 01:16 PM)PS9 Wrote: I’m surprised I have not seen this discussed more. Marrone SHOULD be fired at season’s end, barring a miracle run to the playoffs.  With that being said, who replaces him? I think it should be an offensive mind to help groom Minshew. 

Possibilities?

Mike Mccarthy- I hope not but seems like a move they could make.

Kellen Moore- Jerry Jones will try very hard to keep him in Dallas and will likely succeed. His offensive system has been very impressive to this point.

Lincoln Riley- no way he leaves for the NFL for anywhere besides maybe Dallas.

Harbaugh- maybe but I suspect he will go to a large market team. He also wears out his welcome quickly.

Defilippo- wouldn’t surprise me if they made this move. I don’t like it. I don’t like his system much but I can see them talking themselves into this easy move

I dont think Marrone survives to the end of the season,

(11-24-2019, 09:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Mike McCarthy for HC - Already planning for a 2020 return, watching film and building his staff. 125 - 77 in his career. Won a Superbowl. Good offensive minded coach. I am sure it didn't help he had one the best QB's ever, pretty sure he would have the same record with Bortles or Foles  Rolleyes

All of you wanting an upstart college coach or unproven coordinator that has no HC experience or some mediocre HC are foolish. We tried that with Bradley, Mularkey and Marrone. Doesn't work. Confused

Mike Borgonzi for GM - Currently Director of Football Ops. for the Chiefs. Kansas City has done nothing but serve as a farm for the NFL's modern game as far as philosophical approaches on offense and speed being the key.

Borgonzi should be next. Chris Ballard bolted for the clots GM job and quickly turned it around. When faced with the abrupt retirement of Luck his team remains relatively competent.

Borgonzi would bring much of that approach here. I think it's a good start. And we have promising youth on this roster still with plenty of draft picks to build upon.

Here's to hoping Mr. Khan doesn't [BLEEP] the bed here for the 2nd or 3rd time. Please let 2020 be a clean break. No more leftovers from past failures please!

Confused

(11-24-2019, 09:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Mike McCarthy for HC - Already planning for a 2020 return, watching film and building his staff. 125 - 77 in his career. Won a Superbowl. Good offensive minded coach. I am sure it didn't help he had one the best QB's ever, pretty sure he would have the same record with Bortles or Foles  Rolleyes

All of you wanting an upstart college coach or unproven coordinator that has no HC experience or some mediocre HC are foolish. We tried that with Bradley, Mularkey and Marrone. Doesn't work. Confused

Confused
Rodgers is a great QB. Can't take that away from him. But McCarthy has an outstanding approach offensively and he could probably get a lot out of Minshew.

I like him more than any other candidate out there. We need somebody that has won games consistently. He's done that.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-24-2019, 09:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Confused
Rodgers is a great QB. Can't take that away from him. But McCarthy has an outstanding approach offensively and he could probably get a lot out of Minshew.

I like him more than any other candidate out there. We need somebody that has won games consistently. He's done that.

How does McCarthy have an outstanding approach offensively when he had one of the most basic and predictable offenses in the league and often depended on Rodgers to bail them out (which he was obviously great at)?

(11-24-2019, 09:31 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Rodgers is a great QB. Can't take that away from him. But McCarthy has an outstanding approach offensively and he could probably get a lot out of Minshew.

How does McCarthy have an outstanding approach offensively when he had one of the most basic and predictable offenses in the league and often depended on Rodgers to bail them out (which he was obviously great at)?
If a 125 - 77 regular season record and 8 - 10 post season record screams "predictable" and "basic" I'll take it over the herculean sized dog [BLEEP] this franchise has produced over that exact same time span.

And, again. Maybe Foles and/or Minshew operate better under Mike McCarthy. Green Bay was known for being notoriously cheap and they seldom retained most of their best talent as well.

All I am saying is that they have to get somebody here that's been there and done it. At least that man understands what it takes from the head coaching position. Would rather not see them over think this again and hire another Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone or Gus Bradley.

Unfortunately the only coach that could be moving into the up and coming is probably Saleh. Haven’t seen an offensive guy jump out yet.

(11-24-2019, 09:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: How does McCarthy have an outstanding approach offensively when he had one of the most basic and predictable offenses in the league and often depended on Rodgers to bail them out (which he was obviously great at)?
If a 125 - 77 regular season record and 8 - 10 post season record screams "predictable" and "basic" I'll take it over the herculean sized dog [BLEEP] this franchise has produced over that exact same time span.

And, again. Maybe Foles and/or Minshew operate better under Mike McCarthy. Green Bay was known for being notoriously cheap and they seldom retained most of their best talent as well.

All I am saying is that they have to get somebody here that's been there and done it. At least that man understands what it takes from the head coaching position. Would rather not see them over think this again and hire another Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone or Gus Bradley.

Now take away one of the best QBs to ever play and what do you have? 

It's a given that McCarthy is better than Gus and all of them. His approach offensively is not something I'd want to replicate here without one of the greatest QBs to ever play however

Byron Leftwich?

There's not going to be a single half way decent HC prospect who's going to want to come here knowing they'll be stuck with garbage Foles for at least another season. It's most definitely going to limit our options.

Give Andy Reid $20 million a year to leave KC!
My sig goes here!

We'll be scraping bottom of the barrel (see Gus Bradley) if we replace Marrone. No experienced quality coach is going to want to come here, where there is no glory or exposure and the NFL actively works to keep your team at the bottom of the league. Our best bet is to, every year, hire young coaches who are just trying to find their big break until one of them actually has what it takes to win with this franchise.

(11-24-2019, 10:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If a 125 - 77 regular season record and 8 - 10 post season record screams "predictable" and "basic" I'll take it over the herculean sized dog [BLEEP] this franchise has produced over that exact same time span.

Now take away one of the best QBs to ever play and what do you have? 

It's a given that McCarthy is better than Gus and all of them. His approach offensively is not something I'd want to replicate here without one of the greatest QBs to ever play however
Greatest QB right now is down 23 - 0 on SNF. Greatest QB also known to be a bit of a diva who went rogue several times against his coach.

All that aside. 13 year stint in Green Bay is nothing to sneeze at. Give and take here. Again, compared to the rest of the candidates. Who else has the experience?

Greg Roman?

(11-24-2019, 11:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 10:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Now take away one of the best QBs to ever play and what do you have? 

Greatest QB right now is down 23 - 0 on SNF. Greatest QB also known to be a bit of a diva who went rogue several times against his coach.

All that aside. 13 year stint in Green Bay is nothing to sneeze at. Give and take here. Again, compared to the rest of the candidates. Who else has the experience?

Not the greatest, one of the greatest, which he is. Rodgers went rogue several times because McCarthys scheme sucked and everyone knew it. The beat writers knew it, Rodgers knew it and the fans did too.  

I'm not arguing about McCarthy relative to anyone..I'm just pointing out your comment about his offensive approach lacks context and what it was actually like while he was HC.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 11:20 PM by knarnn.)

(11-24-2019, 10:21 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Unfortunately the only coach that could be moving into the up and coming is probably Saleh. Haven’t seen an offensive guy jump out yet.

Gus Bradley 2.0. 

And he’d probably retain Wash to run the D. Pete Carroll’s coaching tree is sour and I think that’s pretty obvious by now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-24-2019, 11:10 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 11:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Greatest QB right now is down 23 - 0 on SNF. Greatest QB also known to be a bit of a diva who went rogue several times against his coach.

Not the greatest, one of the greatest, which he is. Rodgers went rogue several times because McCarthys scheme sucked and everyone knew it. The beat writers knew it, Rodgers knew it and the fans did too.  

I'm not arguing about McCarthy relative to anyone..I'm just pointing out your comment about his offensive approach lacks context and what it was actually like while he was HC.
If not him then who? Who do you think fixes this [BLEEP] then in Jacksonville?