Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2019, 12:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-13-2019, 12:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: But Dalton is good enough to win if Green and William's is healthy.  I would always sit the rookie until the veteran just isnt getting it done or until Burrow is ready.  Sometimes the rookie isnt ready right away.  Throwing him into the line of fire when you have one of the worst oline in the league can hurt a QBs progression imo.  I think it killed David Carr and a number of others.  Now will their oline be that bad next year?  Have to wait and see but I would start Dalton next year regardless if he is still on the roster even if they draft Burrow

I don't think David Carr was really that good.

Like I said, if getting banged around hurts a QBs progression, he wasn't "that dude".
Plus Burrow is a better athlete that is able to make some plays with his legs. Also, I don't think the Bengals OL is that bad Miami, the Jets, and Chicago have all allowed more sacks.
And with a little help via draft and/or FA the OL could be better in just one off season.

IF you have a guy that can win ahead of him, yeah sit the dude. But Dalton and Finley have proven to not be able to win.
Youre trying to say a QB getting hurt cant affect his progression?
Dalton has made the playoffs 4 different years.  You're not going to win the SB in a QBs rookie year and with that roster.  A rookie QB has never won the SB. Alson how many times a QB is getting sacked isnt the only factor determining how good a oline is. WR not getting open and the WB holding the ball too long also have to take into account

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft - by flgatorsandjags - 12-13-2019, 12:25 PM