Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JJ Watt out for long time

Quote:Hopefully, J.J. Watt will make a full recovery but there's no question wear and tear of playing football at the highest level is catching up to him.

It's now very realistically possible that 9 wins or less will be enough to win the AFC South this season.

Looks like another "most important game of Gus' career" this week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Officially on IR now.

Quote:Hopefully,  J.J. Watt will make a full recovery but there's no question wear and tear of playing football at the highest level is catching up to him.  

It's now very realistically possible that 9 wins or less will be enough to win the AFC South this season.  

J.J. Watt was drafted in 2011. Defensive linemen usually don't show signs of old age (for a football player) in their sixth season.

Last year many people thought a losing team could win the division. The Texans won it with a 9-7 record.

Quote:Looks like another "most important game of Gus' career" this week.

It sure does.

Gus'  coaching 9 lives seem like at the 8.91 level.  

Quote:J.J. Watt was drafted in 2011. Defensive linemen usually don't show signs of old age (for a football player) in their sixth season.

Last year many people thought a losing team could win the division. The Texans won it with a 9-7 record.

The style of JJ Watt's game doesn't seem conducive to a long NFL career.

Before Watt's injury,   I thought the Texans would win at least 10 games this season.   Now,  I have serious doubts they can achieve that number.   This division is potentially wide open. 

LOL......Texans' D is more than JJ Watt.  If you think they are just going to collapse without him...........Don't bet on it.

Quote: The style of JJ Watt's game doesn't seem conducive to a long NFL career.

Before Watt's injury, I thought the Texans would win at least 10 games this season. Now, I have serious doubts they can achieve that number. This division is potentially wide open.

With their junk QB, I don't see them winning 8 games. Time to see if Clowney was worth the pick I guess.

Quote:With their junk QB, I don't see them winning 8 games. Time to see if Clowney was worth the pick I guess.

It will be interesting to see if the Texans get better QB against teams not close to the Patriots level and when they have at least a full week of practice.   One thing for sure,  against difficult conditions,  the Texans QB situation is currently not up to par.  

Quote:lol at you guys acting like his career is over.
I think if it was dude still makes the HOF

I'm Luke Joeckel, and I approve of this message.

Quote:Hopefully,  J.J. Watt will make a full recovery but there's no question wear and tear of playing football at the highest level is catching up to him.  

That's probably six more wins than Gus is capable of scratching out.

Quote:That's probably six more wins than Gus is capable of scratching out.

Yeah, but if we win the division at 6-10 and then march through the playoffs and win the Superb Owl?

Greatest sports story of all time.

Bigger than the '72 Fish.

Bigger than Jack in '86.

Bigger than Secretariat and American Pharaoh.

Bigger than the Miracle on Ice.

Bigger than Michael Phelps.

Bigger than Hoosiers even!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As I have said the past decade, just playing a meaningful game in December would be a start.

Quote:Yeah, but if we win the division at 6-10 and then march through the playoffs and win the Superb Owl?

Bigger than Jack in '86.

Technically, an NFL team could win their division with a 3-13 record. That's the only way I see a Gus Bradley coached team winning the division.

Quote:I'm Luke Joeckel, and I approve of this message.

Now if only Mercilus could have a significant injury, we could hold them to less than 3 sacks in one friggin game for a change.

Quote:I'm Luke Joeckel, and I approve of this message.

LOL I know what you mean but Luke Joeckel was not the guy who got harassed by J.J. Watt last year. It was Sam Young filling in for Jermey Parnell.

Quote:Now if only Mercilus could have a significant injury, we could hold them to less than 3 sacks in one friggin game for a change.
Vince Wilfork would find a way to eat us. It's a sack curse.

Quote:As I have said the past decade, just playing a meaningful game in December would be a start.

We played meaningful games in December less than 10 years ago.

Quote:That's probably six more wins than Gus is capable of scratching out.

It's fair to say that in essence the game in London against the Colts is the most important football game for Gus through this point in his entire life.  If the Jaguars win this game,  not only does Gus almost certainly get a stay of execution but the Jaguars could even put together a multi-game winning streak.   I'm certainly not calling for Gus to be fired.  Yet,  it's hard to picture him remaining the Jaguars HC if the team doesn't play an inspired game against the Colts in a place that Shad Khan believes is vital to the Jaguars future. 

Quote:Yeah, but if we win the division at 6-10 and then march through the playoffs and win the Superb Owl?

Bigger than Jack in '86.

Maybe even bigger than the 1969 Miracle Mets!

Eventually a team probably will win a division with 6 wins if four 4 divisions remain intact.   Being that the 6-10 would get a home game,  this could be the ultimate getting hot at the right time story. if that team even advanced to the Super Bowl.