Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JJ Watt out for long time

Gus is doing fist pumps knowing JJ's injury will likely mean we will lose by less points for at least two games this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gus is doing fist pumps knowing JJ's injury will likely mean we will lose by less points for at least two games this season.

Like last year, we don't go to Houston until Week 17. He might be back by then.

Quote:Like last year, we don't go to Houston until Week 17. He might be back by then.

Wonderful.

Quote:So will he make the hall of fame without problem since he's in a large market or will he face what Tony Boselli has faced?

Idk about him making the HOF or not (probably so, I'd guess).

But, he already reached a level of "fame" nationwide just in his first 2 seasons that Boselli never achieved. The whole nation knew JJ Watt. Boselli? Not even close to JJ (name recognization).

Watt's rookie year, everyone already found out about him nationally. He was sacking, swatting passes, and scoring TDs. In his first playoff game, Watt intercepted a pass at the line and ran it in for a TD, which pretty much opened the game for the Texans. Everyone saw it.

Watt was winning DPOY, and there was even national talk of him winning the overall MVP. Remember that?

Then he was getting offensive plays and scoring TDs fairly consistently a while back.

-Papa John's commercials (and others).

-A JJ Watt "lovefest" by the TV announcers for every game. They watch his every move and action on the field and sidelines constantly.

- Watt is the most sought-after Tinhorn for post game interviews every time they play in primetime.

Boselli could not even come close to the type of recognition JJ Watt has received.

The Jaguars will overcome this, and find another way to lose. 

Quote:I think if it was dude still makes the HOF
Probably so.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2016, 04:54 AM by RedRooster28.)

Gus has got to be the luckiest coach in the NFL between owner's patience, opposing QBs last year, and now the decimated Colts/Wattless Texans.

For the love of all that is holy can we PLEASE capitalize on an opportunity?!?!?

He loves to use the word, but I'll be gosh darned if he's ever taken advantage of one yet.

Well. Other than the opportunity to roll blameless through 50+ games of nonsense.

Edit: From a football fan's standpoint, hope it's not the end for Watt. Never been a big fan of his media-loving catering, but it's important for every generation of fans to be able to witness greatness, and he has been a truly great player. I hope he recovers and Jags whip Texans for years to come.

Jags are still in with a shot for the AFC South.........

Dude just needs to up his steroids dosage and he'll be cool

And with the Gus Bus flying off a bridge, we won't take advantage of a vulnerable AFC south.... again!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Like last year, we don't go to Houston until Week 17. He might be back by then.

If he is dumb enough to try to make another comeback that soon, he will be retired very soon.

This should/could have been our year to take the division. Houston is solid but now missing their best player, Indy and Tennessee are mediocre, and we are terrible. Even if we were 1-2 I'd still have a little faith only being 1 game back.

Quote:The Jaguars will overcome this, and find another way to lose. 

Overcome what? Houston is the team that needs to overcome losing its best player.

Quote:Overcome what? Houston is the team that needs to overcome losing its best player.

Think of what VisitingCobra mentioned from the standpoint of a football frustrated fan who expects the worst to happen to his team.  Unfortunately on this end,  I can totally relate to what VisitingCobra expressed.  Losing over a long period of time often dims optimism,  at least until much later in the week.  Then the same cycle often repeats itself.  

He will be back but likely never the same.  Kind of reminds of Joe Greene with the shoulder injury.  He had a quote something along the lines of "now I'm a mere mortal."  If his back causes him to lose a lot of his explosion he will still have some of the best hands as a De and that will lead to double digit sack seasons but I think the days of 18+ sacks a year are over for him.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

The Texans made the I.R. move official.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...d-reserve/

Texans place J.J. Watt on injured reserve

Quote:He will be back but likely never the same.  Kind of reminds of Joe Greene with the shoulder injury.  He had a quote something along the lines of "now I'm a mere mortal."  If his back causes him to lose a lot of his explosion he will still have some of the best hands as a De and that will lead to double digit sack seasons but I think the days of 18+ sacks a year are over for him.

In addition to what you mentioned,  because of J.J. Watt's instincts,  hands and wingspan,  there's a good chance he could be still amongst the leaders in passes batted down at or around the line of scrimmage. 

Quote:Think of what VisitingCobra mentioned from the standpoint of a football frustrated fan who expects the worst to happen to his team. Unfortunately on this end, I can totally relate to what VisitingCobra expressed. Losing over a long period of time often dims optimism,  at least until much later in the week. Then the same cycle often repeats itself.  

Actually I was thinking of the other part. Houston is the team that must overcome the loss of J.J. Watt.

Quote:Actually I was thinking of the other part. Houston is the team that must overcome the loss of J.J. Watt.

No, you just missed the joke.

Quote:Overcome what? Houston is the team that needs to overcome losing its best player.

We always seem to overcome our opportunities and turn them into defeat.

Even the last time we were good with JDR.  Whenever the division was within reach and we controlled our own destiny... BAM!  We lose out.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."