Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA wins grievance case and slams Jaguars management

Austen Lane says on the radio this only adds negativity to the private conversations of players and staff between teams that is always occurring. Khan has no choice but to sweep clean, now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 05:01 PM by JackCity.)

(12-16-2019, 04:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, stupid NFL.  Trying to protect a player's health.

Not really a sport you get into if you want to live a life of health. What is next? Dana White asking his athletes to wear headgear?

Almost like helping the players who make this sport be as healthy as possible within the confines of the game is a good thing.

What do we do right?

That's bad all over. Fining a guy 25 times. You would think after the 5th time that they may try something else. Players talk to other players. I'm looking forward to the Jags response

(12-16-2019, 04:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Khan has no choice but to sweep clean, now.

[Image: tumblr_lpfrzsyeie1qgxenqo1_500.jpg?w=584]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-16-2019, 04:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not really a sport you get into if you want to live a life of health. What is next? Dana White asking his athletes to wear headgear?

Almost like helping the players who make this sport be as healthy as possible within the confines of the game is a good thing.

Health is good. Like another poster stated, the product on the field is already impacted by the measures the NFL has taken. There are un-officially 6-7 pre-season games nowadays while guys get in shape.

(12-16-2019, 05:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: Almost like helping the players who make this sport be as healthy as possible within the confines of the game is a good thing.

Health is good. Like another poster stated, the product on the field is already impacted by the measures the NFL has taken. There are un-officially 6-7 pre-season games nowadays while guys get in shape.

Well organised and efficient organisations find ways to hit the ground running early in the season despite reduced contact hours. Bad teams tend not to, and dont deserve a pass for poor performance.

Look up [BLEEP] in the dictionary and Coughlin's picture shows up.

(12-16-2019, 05:11 PM)Upper Wrote: Look up [BLEEP] in the dictionary and Coughlin's picture shows up.

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]bleep
 noun

Save Word[/font]

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]To save this word, you'll need to log in.
[/url]Log In[img=0x18]https://merriam-webster.com/assets/mw/static/app-css-images/global/icons/double-arrows-white.svg[/img]

[/font]

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]\ ˈblēp [url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bleep?pronunciation&lang=en_us&dir=b&file=bleep001] \[/font]
[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Definition of bleep
 (Entry 1 of 3)

1[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]a short high-pitched sound (as from electronic equipment)

2—used in place of an obscene or vulgar expletive
[/font]
[/font]

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 05:14 PM by homebiscuit.)

(12-16-2019, 05:11 PM)Upper Wrote: Look up [BLEEP] in the dictionary and Coughlin's picture shows up.

Nuh, uh!

bleep
[ bleep ]SHOW IPA

noun
a brief, constant beeping sound, usually of a high pitch and generated by an electronic device.
such an electronic sound used to replace a censored word or phrase, as on a television broadcast.
Also blip(used as a euphemism to indicate the omission or deletion of an obscenity or other objectionable word).

verb (used without object)
(of an electronic device) to emit a series of bleeps as an audible signal, summons, or warning.
verb (used with object)
Also blipto censor (an obscene, vulgar, or other objectionable word or phrase) from a radio or television broadcast by deleting from the audio signal, leaving a gap or an electronic tone:The word was bleeped out of the comedian's routine.

(12-16-2019, 05:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]bleep
 noun

Save Word[/font]

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]To save this word, you'll need to log in.
[/url]Log In[img=0x18]https://merriam-webster.com/assets/mw/static/app-css-images/global/icons/double-arrows-white.svg[/img]

[/font]

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]\ ˈblēp [url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bleep?pronunciation&lang=en_us&dir=b&file=bleep001] \[/font]
[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Definition of bleep
 (Entry 1 of 3)

1[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]a short high-pitched sound (as from electronic equipment)

2—used in place of an obscene or vulgar expletive
[/font]
[/font]

Whatever.

I don't care anymore; just clean house Mr. Khan. We becoming the joke of the NFL again with all of the recent activity. Time for another reset.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Did anyone ever believe Shad Khan would be in the running for the worst owner in professional sports when he purchased this team?

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 05:26 PM by TJBender.)

(12-16-2019, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did anyone ever believe Shad Khan would be in the running for the worst owner in professional sports when he purchased this team?

If you were paying attention, yes. He tried to buy the Rams with the blatant intent of moving them to LA. He bought the Jaguars and said with a straight face that he wanted to keep them here, all the while only writing a deal that would pay Wayne Weaver a token sum if the team moved within five years. And that's before we get to his butchering of Fulham. He wrecked Fulham by being too brash, and he wrecked the Jaguars by being too distant.

ETA: I was not paying enough attention.

Yeah, that last sentence - with the NFLPA advising players not to go to Jacksonville is pretty damning. Coughlin needs to go.

(12-16-2019, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did anyone ever believe Shad Khan would be in the running for the worst owner in professional sports when he purchased this team?

He's mostly great, but his Achilles heel is a very bad one in this case.

(12-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not really a sport you get into if you want to live a life of health. What is next? Dana White asking his athletes to wear headgear?

So you're saying they shouldn't take any measures to reduce injuries?  Brilliant.

Why don't the just play flag football?  Wouldn't that reduce injuries?

"It should be noted that Jaguars players continue to be at odds with Jaguars management over their rights under the CBA far more than players on other clubs,” the NFLPA said. "In the last two years, more than 25% of the grievances filed by players in the entire league have been filed against the Jaguars.

“You as players may want to consider this when you have a chance to select your next club.”

It's the latest black eye for the 73-year-old Coughlin, the team's executive vice president of football operation."

This is really, really bad. I remember Odrick having some kind of issue in 2017. Can't remember if Coughlin was involved.

But that was one of the earliest occurences I can recall of. Thomas was traded shortly after that as well.

The game has passed Tom Coughlin. Great coach. Terrible front office manager. I hope he steps down next month after this.

It's really, really bad though when a union essentially tells you to avoid working here. Bothered me seeing "Jaguars" this and "Jaguars" that.

It's really just Tom Coughlin primarily responsible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I mean so many things points to Shad cleaning house at the of the season. However, with this shot across the bow, I don't think Shad should wait so long to speak up and start that.

Everything is marketing, and playing the media. Sure, Shad should take some of the blame. But getting rid of the front office right now, could help to mend the "image" aspect of this announcement. Even waiting for 2 weeks will allow free agents to to take this more to heart.

Sadly, I don't think that he will.

(12-16-2019, 05:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Rico Wrote: So you're saying they shouldn't take any measures to reduce injuries?  Brilliant.

Why don't the just play flag football?  Wouldn't that reduce injuries?
I don't think that's the problem in this case. In this case it was a team telling a player, during the off season, that it was mandatory to show up for rehab work at the facility or they would face fines for not doing so.

The biggest takeaway from this is that Coughlin failed in recognizing these rules and codes of conduct on his end. He overstepped.

That's been an ongoing theme with him now since he's been here. The fact that the player's union FLAT OUT said that you may not want to play here is a HUGE problem.

He has to go. There's no other way to spin this unfortunately.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 06:07 PM by Upper.)

This might be what keeps our FO from lasting until Black Monday. Shad should be very proactive and drop the nukes tonight or tomorrow.

Lol yeah, what rpr said above.

(12-16-2019, 06:03 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I mean so many things points to Shad cleaning house at the of the season. However, with this shot across the bow, I don't think Shad should wait so long to speak up and start that.

Everything is marketing, and playing the media. Sure, Shad should take some of the blame. But getting rid of the front office right now, could help to mend the "image" aspect of this announcement. Even waiting for 2 weeks will allow free agents to to take this more to heart.

Sadly, I don't think that he will.
He won't make a move until after week 17 has concluded. But it's coming.

He has no choice really after this. It's embarrassing. It's been every other week with a report here and a report there.

Plenty of finger pointing between Coughlin and the coaching staff. But this is starting to look more and more like Coughlin's classic dictatorship approach overstepping as usual.

It's okay as a coach. Not as a vice president of an entire team's football operations. Tommy boy [BLEEP] up here BIG time.

I suggest he adopts the word savvy. And learns to loosen up on that word grit. Because boy oh boy have you made this organization look bad.