Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars' Josh Allen not worried about tight DROY race

Jaguars' Josh Allen not worried about tight DROY race

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-droy-race

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Josh Allen has flown below the radar in his rookie campaign but the edge rusher says he isn't concerned about not receiving the attention.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 12:28 PM by mal234.)

I watched Josh give an interview on "Good Morning Football" this morning. He seems like such a nice guy. He talked about how he loves playing in the NFL and how he's gotten a lot of respect from veterans players who he admires. He stated that they will come up to him after games and tell him what a good player he is. He also said that he loves Gardner and was very supportive of him and what he has done this year.

Josh should have made the Pro Bowl and he is a very legitimate candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year. I do believe though that Nick Bosa will win that award. That being said I hope that Josh is a finalist and he gets to attend the NFL Honors awards show. It would be nice to see a representative from the Jags there and he would be a good one.

Also, there is still potentially other opportunities for him to get at least some recognition. He could and should make the Pro Football Writers Association All Rookie list. There is room on that list for him and Nick Bosa. Hopefully he makes it. There is also a Pepsi rookie brunch that is usually held in whatever city the Super Bowl is held in. Maybe he could get invited to that. Gardner could also attend that. Even though Gardner Offensive Rookie of the Year chances has been reduced, he could still win the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award.

That is fan voted and the finalists are based on rookies that have won the award this year. Considering how many times Gardner has won I think he could definitely be a finalist. If he wins he gets invited to the brunch when Super Bowl festivities are going on and gets a trophy. Maybe him and Josh could go to that. It would be cool seeing them get the opportunities to mingle with other players. Including NFL veterans and also celebrities and represent the Jags during the week of the Super Bowl.

Allen's numbers match up well with Bosa's. But does Allen start?

The race isn't "tight." Bosa was the DROY the minute he stepped onto the field due to where he plays. I think Allen is a better player, honestly, but we'll never have a ROY up for consideration because we aren't popular enough.

If we were 10-4 instead of 5-9, you'd be seeing a lot more of his name.

He’s so much more talented than Nick Bosa it’s not even funny. As the years go on you will see what I mean.

Much as I like Campbell I"m a bit surprised he's going to the ProBowl over Allen. But then I remembered how the fans vote the players in...

Allen's been one of the very few bright spots on this defense this year.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:43 PM by rpr52121.)

(12-18-2019, 12:29 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Allen's numbers match up well with Bosa's. But does Allen start?

Bosa -- Total Snaps 674. Snaps/game 48
Allen -- Total Snaps 572. Snaps/game 41

So even if Allen isn't listed as a starter, they both are similar enough snap-wise.

(12-18-2019, 11:58 AM)mal234 Wrote: I watched Josh give an interview on "Good Morning Football" this morning. He seems like such a nice guy. He talked about how he loves playing in the NFL and how he's gotten a lot of respect from veterans players who he admires. He stated that they will come up to him after games and tell him what a good player he is. He also said that he loves Gardner and was very supportive of him and what he has done this year.

Josh should have made the Pro Bowl and he is a very legitimate candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year. I do believe though that Nick Bosa will win that award. That being said I hope that Josh is a finalist and he gets to attend the NFL Honors awards show. It would be nice to see a representative from the Jags there and he would be a good one.

Also, there is still potentially other opportunities for him to get at least some recognition. He could and should make the Pro Football Writers Association All Rookie list. There is room on that list for him and Nick Bosa. Hopefully he makes it. There is also a Pepsi rookie brunch that is usually held in whatever city the Super Bowl is held in. Maybe he could get invited to that. Gardner could also attend that. Even though Gardner Offensive Rookie of the Year chances has been reduced, he could still win the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award.

That is fan voted and the finalists are based on rookies that have won the award this year. Considering how many times Gardner has won I think he could definitely be a finalist. If he wins he gets invited to the brunch when Super Bowl festivities are going on and gets a trophy. Maybe him and Josh could go to that. It would be cool seeing them get the opportunities to mingle with other players. Including NFL veterans and also celebrities and represent the Jags during the week of the Super Bowl.

Gardner would need to win these last 2 games with good numbers to have any chance. Not necessarily elite, but at least 250+ total yards and 2+ TD with no TO's in each game.

(12-18-2019, 09:31 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 12:29 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Allen's numbers match up well with Bosa's. But does Allen start?

Bosa -- Total Snaps 674. Snaps/game 48

So even if Allen isn't listed as a starter, they both are similar enough snap-wise.

They’ve both played 14 games. 7 snaps may not seem like much per game, but that’s about two games worth of snaps for the season.

(12-18-2019, 09:37 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:31 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Bosa -- Total Snaps 674. Snaps/game 48

They’ve both played 14 games. 7 snaps may not seem like much per game, but that’s about two games worth of snaps for the season.

I get what your saying. 

I was just pointing out that the difference is probably not enough to sway voters/media.

(12-18-2019, 09:42 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:37 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They’ve both played 14 games. 7 snaps may not seem like much per game, but that’s about two games worth of snaps for the season.

I get what your saying. 

I was just pointing out that the difference is probably not enough to sway voters/media.

You're probably right. 

He's pretty much had it in his pocket for most of the season, so it'd take a couple huge performances from Allen to steal it away.