Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan Fires Coughlin

(12-19-2019, 11:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 10:30 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I think the site you got that from had a typo. Here's the statement.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/12...0818211841

Coughlin has fined that site for misquoting him.

It was BCC so would make sense!

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/12/18...eing-fired

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2019, 01:02 PM)jg77 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:18 PM)jj82284 Wrote: He cost us a hall of fame player...

Yup.

Probably would've had Lamar Jacksonville too if it wasn't for him.

The Ravens are a well run organization and have a top coaching staff.  They are taking a prospect and doing things to maximize the skillset available.  We are/were a do it this way don't make mistakes or take chances team with a questionable Front Office/Staff, do you really think he would have any success in Jacksonville?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-19-2019, 03:58 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 01:02 PM)jg77 Wrote: Yup.

Probably would've had Lamar Jacksonville too if it wasn't for him.

The Ravens are a well run organization and have a top coaching staff.  They are taking a prospect and doing things to maximize the skillset available.  We are/were a do it this way don't make mistakes or take chances team with a questionable Front Office/Staff, do you really think he would have any success in Jacksonville?

He'd be the most talented QB in Jaguars history and drafting him would mean they correctly evaluated his skillset and ability. 

Would he be as good here as he is with the Ravens? No but he'd still be a franchise talent, same with Mahomes, same with Watson.  

The whole "they wouldn't be good here" excuses for not taking high level QBs is a cop out

What’s crazy is I wanted Watson and I’m not anywhere closed to being an expert. The amount of misses this team has had is getting old.

Don’t let this distract you from the fact that we drafted Taven Bryan over Lamar Jackson.

After 2017 we all thought we were pretty solidified at QB

(12-19-2019, 04:26 PM)jaglyn Wrote: After 2017 we all thought we were pretty solidified at QB

me too.. boy was i wrong.

(12-19-2019, 04:46 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 04:26 PM)jaglyn Wrote: After 2017 we all thought we were pretty solidified at QB

me too.. boy was i wrong.

Were you though?  I know hindsight helps but....
He was a cardiac arrest on every throw.  Even when we was playing well it seemed like seconds away from a pick 6, delay of game or some other mental error.

Honestly you can't be afraid to go after QB prospects, I'm just saying that they were going to blow it because of problems with our evaluation and planning.  Small details with Minshew have impressed me and not taking delay of game penalties is impressive.  He needs to process faster and do more but his mental errors for a rookie are impressive.

Who knows what is going to happen for 2020 but I do know this team needs direction and planning that doesn't involve fining players.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I was HOPING Bortles COULD be the man after 2017....I was hoping against hope, really

Boy that was a mistake. It is what it is. Tons of QBs come into the league, year after year. Only room for 32 of them, and even of those not all of them are franchise, blue chip quality

Bortles won the playoff game against the Steelers and was not the issue against the Pats, which led to optimism. IMO he stepped up in those playoff games, even the Bills one his arm was like a noodle but he did it with his legs and threw the game winning TD.

But we all knew he couldn’t throw a football, I guess we were hoping pigskin throwing camp during offseason in zona would help.

When it's all said and done, we will find out the real reason TC was fired was that he didn't even win lunch.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-19-2019, 08:36 PM)rollerjag Wrote: When it's all said and done, the real reason TC was fired was that he didn't even win lunch.
[Image: d68fb6fc35f506c3ca5c6485b8ce3283.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Kahn's had to accelerate part of his plan. It is unfortunate he had to, but no one can violate agreed upon work rules. (Not even TC) I would imagine Doug will have to answer why we have failed to develop our young players properly. Why has the offensive line play been so poor? We have been dominated at the line of scrimmage all year. Why can we not stop the run now that Darius is out. Is it the players or the coaches? Dave will have to discuss player selection.... gonna be interesting. These guys will now report directly. Don't think their boss hasn't been educating himself....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-19-2019, 04:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: What’s crazy is I wanted Watson and I’m not anywhere closed to being an expert. The amount of misses this team has had is getting old.

Don’t let this distract you from the fact that we drafted Taven Bryan over Lamar Jackson.

I wanted Lamar badly, I didn't expect him to be this good but I was sure he would be good enough to win a SB with him if we had a solid defense too.

(12-18-2019, 09:22 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: Caldwell's really a pretty average GM. They can't all be Ozzie Newsome, but they aren't all Gene Smith either. Caldwell's had the good to go with the bad, and I still think he would be successful in the role elsewhere if the Jags moved on. He's had a lot to deal with here from ownership meddling in his first coaching hire to Coughlin being brought in over him. I kinda think the guy's drawn the short straw, and it's not always his fault.

Pioli/McDaniels...ewwww...two guys who completely washed out in their first go-round, and one who popped a squat on Indy at the last second. No way do I invite that here.

As to point two, is there a compilation thread of everything coming out? I saw that Bouye did an interview, I know Fournette's been on Twitter, DFJ and JR of course...

As wonderfully hilarious as it would be to own LA's first-round pick in 2021 for a player we traded to them, it's not gonna happen. Ramsey wanted to be in KC, and he'd talked about playing in Tennessee earlier. I think that door closed long ago. Also, LA will franchise tag him for two straight years before letting him go after sinking that money into him.

He will only get on a big market team that will get TV coverage even when they are not dominant.

Well that settles it, Ramsey will definitely be a future Dallas Cowboy..

Even after being a Bortles supporter, I still wanted Lamar. Jackson in Jacksonville should've happened

Why do some people refuse to spell Khan’s name correctly?
Why do some people not use the Trivial Annoyances thread as intended?

Btw, Lamar Jackson is going to be a flash in the pan. Why? Because the NFL never, ever rewards running quarterbacks with longevity.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 03:23 PM by snowwolf776.)

fireing tom will turn out to be a mistake. it will come back,and bite the jags. the team still needs displine.  yes with tom jags are leading team in nfl with pentlys,but without him its going ro get worse. 

players won't show up again to work,players will just take time off all of the time like before,and jags will become the laughing stock of  the nfl again. a nfl needs displine. 

Rather we like or dislike the patriots they win more then lose cause of the team displine.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-20-2019, 08:51 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: fireing tom will turn out to be a mistake. it will come back,and bite the jags. the team still needs displine.  yes with tom jags are leading team in nfl with pentlys,but without im its going ro get worse. 

players won't show up again to work,players will just take time off all of the time like before,and jags will become the laughing stock of  the nfl again. a nfl needs displine. 

Rather we like or dislike the patriots they win more then lose cause of the team displine.
New England is also well known for going through extreme measures to get an advantage over their opponents.

Whether it's bending the rules, abusing the rules, finding a loop hole or just flat out breaking the rules.

They've done it all under Billy Bob Belichick. They've done it so much that it's cost them draft picks, various fines and they may have another penalty coming their way for the Bengals incident.

Not exactly the poster boy or golden model of ethics and sportsmanship to use as an example here.

But I agree. This team needs discipline. Within the rules. . .

There's a thin line between abuse and discipline. Coughlin abused his power in his position and it's been universally agreed and accepted now around the NFL that he was in the wrong.

There was NO WAY that Khan could have retained Coughlin after the news that broke earlier this week. It's not good for business. Especially when the Union is saying to stay away.

Will it be a mistake for firing him again? Maybe. But it would have been a much more severe mistake to retain him after all of this was made public.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-20-2019, 08:51 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: fireing tom will turn out to be a mistake. it will come back,and bite the jags. the team still needs displine.  yes with tom jags are leading team in nfl with pentlys,but without im its going ro get worse. 

...or because they have Tom Brady.  Crazy thought, I know.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-20-2019, 07:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why do some people refuse to spell Khan’s name correctly?
Why do some people not use the Trivial Annoyances thread as intended?

Btw, Lamar Jackson is going to be a flash in the pan. Why? Because the NFL never, ever rewards running quarterbacks with longevity.
Well then it's a good thing he leads the NFL in touchdowns from the pocket.