Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan Fires Coughlin

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:23 PM by old_man.)

(12-18-2019, 09:21 PM)enigma Wrote: SO GLAD HE IS GONE... HE WAS A MAJOR CANCER IN OUR ORGANIZATION (I do thank him for the great times many many years ago but it was clear that he lost "it").

To those tinfoil conspiracy theorists who think Shad is gonna ship this team across the pond, just stop - that kind of thinking is not good for what little mental stability may/may not exist in you.

Ok.

We can chat about it when it happens...

Hopefully for Jacksonville Khan sells first...

(12-18-2019, 09:22 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:15 PM)old_man Wrote: Holding players accountable....

That is horrible.....

Only 46 'tard

You're a special kind of stupid.
oh...you are so tough.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2019, 09:22 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:21 PM)enigma Wrote: SO GLAD HE IS GONE... HE WAS A MAJOR CANCER IN OUR ORGANIZATION (I do thank him for the great times many many years ago but it was clear that he lost "it").

To those tinfoil conspiracy theorists who think Shad is gonna ship this team across the pond, just stop - that kind of thinking is not good for what little mental stability may/may not exist in you.

Ok.

Sure, by then you and I will both be organic decaying matter 6 ft under.

Until then, stick to reality.

(12-18-2019, 09:22 PM)old_man Wrote:

Ok.

(12-18-2019, 09:22 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You're a special kind of stupid.
oh...you are so tough.

Thanks for noticing, cupcake.

(12-18-2019, 09:26 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:22 PM)old_man Wrote: Ok.

oh...you are so tough.

Thanks for noticing, cupcake.

np snowflake.

The first domino has fallen.

Time for the rest to follow.

WOW!

I thought we struck gold after the 2017 season. Clearly everything went off the rails.

Such is the life of a Jags fan.

I love that people on here (maybe one) are still defending Coughlin.

Players do what they want and they are “running the asylum” but a VP does it and “it’s old school and the way it should be done”.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:33 PM by old_man.)

Thats ME!!!

The players were total douch bags at least the ones that are no longer here....all me players.

You think for a minute these bozos would last in New England or other clubs?

I think Jalen Ramsey and Allen Robinson would still be #Jaguars if not for Tom Coughlin's tenure. Also think Ngakoue wouldn't be with the team in 2020 if Coughlin remained. For a team that had been bad at finding young talent for so long, he ran away off quite a bit.

This was from Shipley who covers the Jags for SI.

I just love the snobs up here sticking their noses up with Mcdaniels because he failed in Denver. Most coaches have failed before.

Bill Belichick failed in Cleveland but was pretty successful with the Patriots. I'm not saying Mcdaniel's is the guy but at least consider it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Considering his history and success in the NFL and Jacksonville's past I am saddened by their need to "fire" or "release" Mr. Coughlin. 10 more days to let him retire was that big an issue?

(12-18-2019, 09:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think Jalen Ramsey and Allen Robinson would still be #Jaguars if not for Tom Coughlin's tenure. Also think Ngakoue wouldn't be with the team in 2020 if Coughlin remained. For a team that had been bad at finding young talent for so long, he ran away off quite a bit.

This was from Shipley who covers the Jags for SI.

Absolutely they would.

Have to wonder if the Telvin situation would be different as well.

Caldwell needs to sign Ngakoue right now... Don't let him test FA because it's only going to drive his price up that much more. Pay him right now and be done with it.

(12-18-2019, 09:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I love that people on here (maybe one) are still defending Coughlin.

Players do what they want and they are “running the asylum” but a VP does it and “it’s old school and the way it should be done”.

Ummm. Have you ever had a boss? LOL. Just wow.

(12-18-2019, 09:29 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: WOW!

I thought we struck gold after the 2017 season. Clearly everything went off the rails.

Such is the life of a Jags fan.

It really is. Every move seems to have a way of biting us. I mean, look at our SB MVP QB getting $88m and our best player is the 6th round rookie who nearly didnt make the roster!

(12-18-2019, 09:39 PM)shadowjag01 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I love that people on here (maybe one) are still defending Coughlin.

Players do what they want and they are “running the asylum” but  a VP does it and “it’s old school and the way it should be done”.

Ummm. Have you ever had a boss? LOL. Just wow.
For the 100th time, the NFL is not like normal 9-5 job.

Also, who’s still employed between Jalen and Tom? Tom thought he was above the rules but decided to fine the players for breaking rules they didn’t need to follow?

Come on now.

(12-18-2019, 09:37 PM)shadowjag01 Wrote: Considering his history and success in the NFL and Jacksonville's past I am saddened by their need to "fire" or "release" Mr. Coughlin. 10 more days to let him retire was that big an issue?

Yes, absolutely.

When your EVP completely disenfranchises your roster through and through - its no different than him being a locker room cancer.

Get rid of it quickly - and Khan certainly did so to salvage and repair the morale/culture.

(12-18-2019, 09:37 PM)shadowjag01 Wrote: Considering his history and success in the NFL and Jacksonville's past I am saddened by their need to "fire" or "release" Mr. Coughlin. 10 more days to let him retire was that big an issue?

When the NFLPA is publicly coming out and telling players not to come play here, I'd say yea, it was a pretty big issue..

Coughlin should have been fired months ago after that Ramsey mess. Hell, he should of never been brought back in the first place. He ran this franchise into the ground once already, I can't believe people actually thought he wouldn't do it again.  Wallbash

(12-18-2019, 09:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:39 PM)shadowjag01 Wrote: Ummm. Have you ever had a boss? LOL. Just wow.
For the 100th time, the NFL is not like normal 9-5 job.

Also, who’s still employed between Jalen and Tom? Tom thought he was above the rules but decided to fine the players for breaking rules they didn’t need to follow?

Come on now.

Your absolutely right but I also look at it like you work Monday to Friday 9-5. Your boss now tells you its mandatory to work Saturday. It's not, it's against company rules, but he then docks your pay for not turning up. 25 times.

How long before you tell that guy to blow it out his [BLEEP]?

This is kind of like opening a present that you saw being wrapped.  No surprise, but you're happy anyway.

Marrone will be gone too, probably on Black Monday.

That just leaves DC to wonder about, but he'd have to be quite the snake oil salesman to escape the axe as well.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-18-2019, 09:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I just love the snobs up here sticking their noses up with Mcdaniels because he failed in Denver. Most coaches have failed before.

Bill Belichick failed in Cleveland but was pretty successful with the Patriots. I'm not saying Mcdaniel's is the guy but at least consider it.
Belichick was on the verge of turning Cleveland around before they moved to Baltimore.

Technically, Newsome was Belichick's guy to begin with. In a way. He's partly responsible for the Browns, who went onto be the Ravens in Baltimore's success.

McDaniels gets a few strikes. His stint in Denver was a long time ago. However, he recently turned his nose up to the clots and left them hanging.

And he's a Belichick guy. Not very many coaches from his tree go onto being succesful head coaches. You have a few good years. Maybe some decent coaches like Vrabel and O'Brien.

But the odds say otherwise. The other problem? Scott [BLEEP] Pioli. NO THANK YOU. The one stint he had at General Manager in Kansas City sucked. Crennel sucked. He failed.

He's been an assistant general manager in Atlanta and THAT team gave up the single greatest lead in Superbowl history and will forever be remembered as the greatest choke of all time in any sport. And they allowed Shanahan to skate off to San Francisco while leaving themselves with Quinn.

Ouch. Again. Just no thanks. No retread. New blood. Go to Kansas City or Minnesotta. Poach from their front office and coaching staff. We're more than likely better off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."