Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone fired - False Report

(12-28-2019, 04:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  A bunch of "twits" got "twitted" from "following" people that put out fake news.

I personally will wait and see what happens on Monday.  IDK but I'm going to use some logic here.  If I was informed that I was going to be fired on Monday I don't think that I would exactly put forth any effort over the weekend.  Instead I would pack my office and leave the facility immediately.

Going from what I have seen from more credible sources, it's highly likely that not only Coach Marrone, but also GM Dave Caldwell will possibly remain.

Lol, Marrone will be coaching this one from the pool.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Typical Jaguars shenanigans. We're cursed until we get our QBotF. The Chiefs got theirs after 30 years, hopefully it won't take that long for us, but there's still hope.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(12-28-2019, 04:14 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Typical Jaguars shenanigans. We're cursed until we get our QBotF. The Chiefs got theirs after 30 years, hopefully it won't take that long for us, but there's still hope.

Ours is here, I just hope he wasn't ruined already.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I personally like Tony Khan. Screw all the haters.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-28-2019, 04:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  A bunch of "twits" got "twitted" from "following" people that put out fake news.

I personally will wait and see what happens on Monday.  IDK but I'm going to use some logic here.  If I was informed that I was going to be fired on Monday I don't think that I would exactly put forth any effort over the weekend.  Instead I would pack my office and leave the facility immediately.

Going from what I have seen from more credible sources, it's highly likely that not only Coach Marrone, but also GM Dave Caldwell will possibly remain.

Diana is very credible though, and knows Doug personally + was the only source out at the time.  So not really the same thing as following a fake news merchant at all

(12-28-2019, 04:27 PM)Dimson Wrote: I personally like Tony Khan. Screw all the haters.

Because he is done so much for the team?

Damn I think Marrone is gonna stay, really hope I am wrong

Tony Khan started a business with his dad's money that features Chris Jericho as it's face. If that isn't a business school 101 recipe for failure, I don't know what is.

(12-28-2019, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Diana is very credible though, and knows Doug personally + was the only source out at the time.  So not really the same thing as following a fake news merchant at all

So just because she "knows Doug personally" she is "credible" and her tweet was not "fake news"?  If she is indeed a "professional journalist", tweeting out fake news certainly shows that she didn't learn much in journalism school.  Not surprising if ESPN hired her.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-28-2019, 04:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: Diana is very credible though, and knows Doug personally + was the only source out at the time.  So not really the same thing as following a fake news merchant at all

So just because she "knows Doug personally" she is "credible" and her tweet was not "fake news"?  If she is indeed a "professional journalist", tweeting out fake news certainly shows that she didn't learn much in journalism school.  Not surprising if ESPN hired her.

No she is credible because she has a long track record of credible news reporting, the fact she knows Doug personally gives some insight into her potentially knowing he's gone even if "unofficial", unless you have "evidence"  to the contrary?  

We'll know whats up after the Colts game.

Doug is gone come Monday regardless fake news or not

Maybe truth is somewhere in the middle, Marrone stays in a Coughlin-like role. (Although as more of an advisor, and not the final say as TC was). Dave stays and someone like Saleh or Roman is brought in as HC.

(12-28-2019, 05:14 PM)newporttom Wrote: Maybe truth is somewhere in the middle,  Marrone stays in a Coughlin-like role. (Although as more of an advisor, and not the final say as TC was).   Dave stays and someone like Saleh or Roman is brought in as HC.

That 100% won't happen

in what universe would that make any sense?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

[Image: Screenshot-20191228-125435-01.jpg]

If he is fired Monday that would look weird since tony con has gone out of his way to say otherwise. At least imo. It sucks but I’m starting to think there is more credibility to the story about khan not making anymore changes.

Oh, so we're planning on tanking for Trevor Lawrence? Cool, I guess.

(12-28-2019, 06:44 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Oh, so we're planning on tanking for Trevor Lawrence?  Cool, I guess.

This team can’t even be good at sucking. We will probably lock in another top 10 pick but not a top 5 or the first overall. Allowing another very good qb to fall to another team.

(12-28-2019, 04:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: Diana is very credible though, and knows Doug personally + was the only source out at the time.  So not really the same thing as following a fake news merchant at all

No one with any goals of becoming a respected journalist (rare to find these days, I know) is going to intentionally tweet something fake just to dump gasoline on the fire.  I guarantee she heard something from someone who was very serious and very credible.  Now that doesn't mean that it's accurate reporting, that doesn't really exist very often these days, but I would be very confident that she'd heard things that would make any sensible person believe that Marrone is gone after the game tomorrow.  Whether or not they had actually informed him or not, that might be where she was mistaken.  

Either way, how do you keep Marrone now anyway after this?  You'd think he'd always kinda wonder.

(12-28-2019, 08:10 PM)Legal American Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 04:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So just because she "knows Doug personally" she is "credible" and her tweet was not "fake news"?  If she is indeed a "professional journalist", tweeting out fake news certainly shows that she didn't learn much in journalism school.  Not surprising if ESPN hired her.

No one with any goals of becoming a respected journalist (rare to find these days, I know) is going to intentionally tweet something fake just to dump gasoline on the fire.  I guarantee she heard something from someone who was very serious and very credible.  Now that doesn't mean that it's accurate reporting, that doesn't really exist very often these days, but I would be very confident that she'd heard things that would make any sensible person believe that Marrone is gone after the game tomorrow.  Whether or not they had actually informed him or not, that might be where she was mistaken.  

Either way, how do you keep Marrone now anyway after this?  You'd think he'd always kinda wonder.

I tend to agree with this.  

This twitter world still amazes me.  How would you put something out there that straightforward without it being something you believe to be true.  Especially if you have a relationship with said person being spoken of.

(12-28-2019, 08:10 PM)Legal American Wrote: Either way, how do you keep Marrone now anyway after this?  You'd think he'd always kinda wonder.

How would Marrone still be the coach if TC had all the control? It's because Marrone is a beta. He takes orders and follows them. I think he has known he is fired, but he still he is out there going through the motions and giving stupid answers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk