Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe in #15.

not me... I believe in Foles... Foles should easily be our starting QB..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2020, 04:05 PM)Ronster Wrote: not me... I believe in Foles... Foles should easily be our starting QB..

You're delusional and borderline insane.

Foles shouldn't even be a QB in this league.

Have you given money to his church or something?

(01-02-2020, 04:05 PM)Ronster Wrote: not me... I believe in Foles... Foles should easily be our starting QB..

Oh hey TC, how's unemployment?

BOYCOOOOOOTTTTTTT

Easily the worst post I have ever read on this board (besides some of my own)

A little bit of chicken and egg here, but he'll need to learn to throw into the middle of the field more. 

To what degree the lack of viable TEs affected this, who knows.

(01-02-2020, 05:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A little bit of chicken and egg here, but he'll need to learn to throw into the middle of the field more. 

To what degree the lack of viable TEs affected this, who knows.

O'Shaugnessy(sp) went out and poof gone.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Riding with the Shew.

Rookie of the week again. That makes 7 on the year.

I was one of the bigger advocates for Foles during last offseason.  But, C’mon man...

This is for the dummies that want to draft another QB.

QB Gardner Minshew, Jacksonville Jaguars

The highest-graded rookie quarterback in the NFL wasn’t Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins or Daniel Jones; it was the sixth-round pick, Gardner Minshew. His 70.3 overall grade on the season ranked 20th among 32 qualifying quarterbacks. Despite some concerns over his arm strength coming into the NFL, Minshew was one of the top deep-ball passers in the league this season. His 129.0 passer rating on passes 20 or more yards downfield was the highest mark in the league, and his PFF grade on those throws trailed only Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson.

Also, he just won his 7th nfl rookie of the week (with only 12 games started and 14 played).

(01-02-2020, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is for the dummies that want to draft another QB.

The highest-graded rookie quarterback in the NFL wasn’t Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins or Daniel Jones; it was the sixth-round pick, Gardner Minshew. His 70.3 overall grade on the season ranked 20th among 32 qualifying quarterbacks. Despite some concerns over his arm strength coming into the NFL, Minshew was one of the top deep-ball passers in the league this season. His 129.0 passer rating on passes 20 or more yards downfield was the highest mark in the league, and his PFF grade on those throws trailed only Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson.
Glad you’re 100% sold on him being the QB for the next 15 years.

Knowing how quickly things can change, I want to continue improving on the most important position in football. I don’t want to reach for a QB but if one is there at 9 or 20, I’m taking it.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 06:43 PM by RicoTx.)

He could help us by getting traded.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm sold on him being the unquestioned starter in 2020 and then we can go from there with his evaluation. If he thrives, great, we have a QB. If he plays bad, great we go into 2021 draft and take someone high.

And if he plays average? Ehh i dunno. Half the fanbase will make excuses and say hes the guy, the other half will say draft a QB in 21'

Anyone mind filling me in on Cam Robinson this year? Has he gone down in productivity? I didn't watch many games this year and NYC4Jags seemed to hint at this perhaps? Thanks.

(01-02-2020, 06:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'm sold on him being the unquestioned starter in 2020 and then we can go from there with his evaluation. If he thrives, great, we have a QB. If he plays bad, great we go into 2021 draft and take someone high.

And if he plays average? Ehh i dunno. Half the fanbase will make excuses and say hes the guy, the other half will say draft a QB in 21'

That's a fair standard to hold, all things considered, going into 2020.

What would 'average' QB numbers look like, exactly, though? 20 TDs, 10 or so INTs?

Problem is that you can make an argument out of any numbers, which is exactly why people are divided on him in the first place, unfortunately. To me, he's gotta be MORE than a game manager; that's when you know you may very well have someone who can be your future starter. Game managing quarterbacks have to play to NOT make mistakes, and rely on a perfect team around them. If Minshew can put up great numbers next year even with mediocre talent around him (Barring improvements in other teammates, of course!) I'd say that makes me think, Marrone or no, that MAYBE he's worth hanging onto for awhile longer.

I'd rather not see this team become like Denver in which they keep drafting and they keep missing on the turnstile of QBs....not that Jacksonville hasn't been doing that either, but you know what I mean? They drafted Lynch, Semian, brought in Keenum, Flacco, drafted Lock, and MAYBE Lock will do it for them after all of this time, but who knows? That's what makes football exciting I guess. You never do know entirely. For me? Even with all of his struggles, watching Minshew play actually made me enjoy watching the Jags for a change. I didn't get that feeling while watching Foles or Bortles, that's all I know.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 07:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-02-2020, 06:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is for the dummies that want to draft another QB.

Glad you’re 100% sold on him being the QB for the next 15 years.

Knowing how quickly things can change, I want to continue improving on the most important position in football. I don’t want to reach for a QB but if one is there at 9 or 20, I’m taking it.
Hes done enough to give him a chance for 2020 and if he isnt the guy, you draft one in 2021.  Still not sure what a QB has to do in his rookie year in order for you to give a guy a shot in his 2nd year.  Hell this team wasnt even built for Minshew and he led all rookies in most of the important categories.  QB is the most important position but none of the top 5 passers in the league this year made the playoffs. You need a team to win and this team has a bunch of holes. Use those 1st round picks to bring in some building blocks, a few great players to try and help the QB that just won about half of the rookie of the weeks and went 6-6 with this poor oline, coaching, and TE's.  ( should of had a winning record if it wasnt for LF not getting the 2 point conv.)

Teams will have tape on him now. The AFC and NFC North divisions on this year's schedule will test him as well.

I like what I saw out of him from time to time. He has the ability to escape and buy time for a critical play.

He can make pretty good throws under pressure. He just has to show consistency in year two.

Sophmore slumps are very real. So that's why I am tempering my expectations for him. There's a lot of holes to fill.

My concerns would be finding him a viable option at the TE position. Finding him another WR like Chark. And certainly addressing the LT and RG positions in particular.

But the defense could hinder some of that this off season if we lose Dareus, Campbell and Bouye. The back seven is weak enough as it is.

Losing two big bodies on the front four will hurt us. We'll see though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-02-2020, 08:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Teams will have tape on him now. The AFC and NFC North divisions on this year's schedule will test him as well.

I like what I saw out of him from time to time. He has the ability to escape and buy time for a critical play.

He can make pretty good throws under pressure. He just has to show consistency in year two.

Sophmore slumps are very real. So that's why I am tempering my expectations for him. There's a lot of holes to fill.

My concerns would be finding him a viable option at the TE position. Finding him another WR like Chark. And certainly addressing the LT and RG positions in particular.

But the defense could hinder some of that this off season if we lose Dareus, Campbell and Bouye. The back seven is weak enough as it is.

Losing two big bodies on the front four will hurt us. We'll see though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tyler Johonson please. Not like Chark but is a great route runner and can make any catch.  Did you see the catch he had against Aurburn when he put up over 200 yards?  My favorite WR in the draft