Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills @ Texans (Wildcard game)

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 09:22 PM by mal234.)

That was a really good game. A good comeback by the Texans and heartbreaker for the Bills. I think the result of this game largely came down a lot of bad decisions by the Bills in the fourth quarter. Going for it on the 4 and 27, the bad sacks, etc... After a good start Josh became nervous and that affected how he executed things.

Hopefully he will learn from this experience and do better in the future. He made some costly mistakes tonight, but overall I do think he and the Bills did a nice job this season. They should be back in the playoffs in the future especially as things start to wind down for New England.

After a slow start the Texans did a nice job of coming back and getting the win. Especially behind the play of Deshaun who made the big plays when they needed him to. I do think though they won't make it past the second round. I could see them struggling again in the next round and losing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've heard it said many times that there are some NFL organizations that are born losers.  When the chips are down they fold like a poker hand.  Playing 30 yards down field on a 3rd and 18 is stupid.

Watson is incredible

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 09:25 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Josh Allen was looking like Jameis Winston out there in the 4th quarter lol that lateral....

(01-04-2020, 09:20 PM)jagman Wrote: I've heard it said many times that there are some NFL organizations that are born losers.  When the chips are down they fold like a poker hand.  Playing 30 yards down field on a 3rd and 18 is stupid.

Correction, they fold like a broken, um, folding table.

Josh "YOLOL" Allen

(01-04-2020, 09:36 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Josh "YOLOL" Allen

He looked absolutely overwhelmed when the pressure hit.

(01-04-2020, 09:15 PM)Rico Wrote: The play clock was down to zero on the 3rd and 18.  I just rewound it and looked.

YES!!!! I was yelling that it was so obvious...I thought I was the only one who saw that

(01-04-2020, 08:13 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: So tired of this JJ Watt hype...

Well then tell the media to stop covering him..

You may be sick of Watt and I can see why people outside of this city think he's fake, but he's not. That's just him. We're talking about a guy who heard a story about kids who lost both of their parents in a car crash here (Berry kids) and went out of his way to befriend them and be a fixture in their life before he ever signed his rookie contract here.

He's always has been that guy with laser focus.. That's why he raised millions of dollars for people when they needed it here and why he keeps coming back after injuries.. you might not like Watt, but you have to respect a person like that. We need more people like him.

Hofer in life.. That focus is going to give him a great career/life after football.

(01-05-2020, 05:12 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 08:13 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: So tired of this JJ Watt hype...

Well then tell the media to stop covering him..

You may be sick of Watt and I can see why people outside of this city think he's fake, but he's not. That's just him. We're talking about a guy who heard a story about kids who lost both of their parents in a car crash here (Berry kids) and went out of his way to befriend them and be a fixture in their life before he ever signed his rookie contract here.

He's always has been that guy with laser focus.. That's why he raised millions of dollars for people when they needed it here and why he keeps coming back after injuries.. you might not like Watt, but you have to respect a person like that. We need more people like him.

Hofer in life.. That focus is going to give him a great career/life after football.

Nice try, but I was talking about the media, not JJ Watt himself. They are always talking about him or showing him during the games.

I like him, he is an impactful player. 

And to think that we could have taken him instead of Blaine Gabbert  Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 08:32 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-04-2020, 10:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 09:15 PM)Rico Wrote: The play clock was down to zero on the 3rd and 18.  I just rewound it and looked.

YES!!!! I was yelling that it was so obvious...I thought I was the only one who saw that

I can't believe I haven't heard anybody talking about this...talking heads or anyone for that matter...unless I missed it.  It was obvious that the play clock was at zero before the ball was snapped.  As I said before, I even backed up the DVR to verify what I thought I saw.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-06-2020, 08:31 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 10:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: YES!!!! I was yelling that it was so obvious...I thought I was the only one who saw that

I can't believe I haven't heard anybody talking about this...talking heads or anyone for that matter...unless I missed it.  It was obvious that the play clock was at zero before the ball was snapped.  As I said before, I even backed up the DVR to verify what I thought I saw.

I was losing it as well, but the only thing I could imagine is that the broadcast counter was not fully in sync with the field clock, and it was either much closer, or not even at 0 when the snap occurred.

Did they have a replay that showed the field clock hit 0?

(01-06-2020, 12:32 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:31 AM)Rico Wrote: I can't believe I haven't heard anybody talking about this...talking heads or anyone for that matter...unless I missed it.  It was obvious that the play clock was at zero before the ball was snapped.  As I said before, I even backed up the DVR to verify what I thought I saw.

I was losing it as well, but the only thing I could imagine is that the broadcast counter was not fully in sync with the field clock, and it was either much closer, or not even at 0 when the snap occurred.

Did they have a replay that showed the field clock hit 0?
The play clock was the actual play clock. Now they could be getting a signal that gets sent to the play clocks or still use a camera to read the numbers and then process it to change the colors, font, etc. It should match the actual clock or be slightly delayed depending on the processing and them having everything synced up.

Since they use it for replays, it has to be within milliseconds.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 02:00 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

The league knows what it is doing. Whether the majority of ppl notice the small things or not is what matters. Things like this, delay of game no call, change games all the time but everyone usually just blames the previous plays or whatever else they can find so they dont blame to league itself.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.