Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carlos Hyde as Jaguar

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 02:30 PM by Rockman1966.)

Hyde has run hard every time I’ve seen him play after leaving JAX.  He certainly didn’t have the OL that HOU has.  

Did he not like it here?  Was it the OL?  Was it a lack of effort?  Does this team just suck so bad?

*Thought Buffalo got jobbed on the TD reversal.  Saw a YT video where guy reviewed all KO returns by the same guy, not once did he flip the ball to the ref the entire year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He didn't want to come here, didn't want to be here, and had an OL that couldn't block in front of him. That's all there is to it.

(01-05-2020, 02:27 PM)TJBender Wrote: He didn't want to come here, didn't want to be here, and had an OL that couldn't block in front of him. That's all there is to it.

And he therefore didn’t try. No respect for him. Just like I still feel about Marcellus Wiley’s lazy butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Carlos Hyde looks like a completely different player in Houston. That goes to show that he didn’t give a [BLEEP] when he was here, and didn’t give any effort. I won’t pray for his downfall but I will be happy when the Texans get eliminated from the Playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 02:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

They have a better oline than ours. It's hard to believe, I know

Hyde was hit behind the line almost every time he got the ball

He was traded here to fill a need at RB while Fournette was injured.

It was a predictable situation most of the time he was out in the backfield.

Couple that with poor play along the line and you get nothing out of him.

Doesn't hurt playing on an offense with Watson, Hopkins and Johnson though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He got 58 carries. Nothing can be gleaned from a sample size that small.

(01-05-2020, 02:42 PM)Upper Wrote: He got 58 carries. Nothing can be gleaned from a sample size that small.
True. I am sure that will be circled back to Coughlin's meddling. Along with the Kessler and Dobbs trades.

Given all the holes we have and some of the luck this team's had with late 5th RD picks we probably could have used them.

Made no sense to fork over those picks only to turn them loose after one year. Dobbs may not be here in a few months.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Our run blocking stunk.

He isn't a guy like Fournette who is one of the best in the league at getting yards after contact.

(01-05-2020, 02:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 02:42 PM)Upper Wrote: He got 58 carries. Nothing can be gleaned from a sample size that small.
True. I am sure that will be circled back to Coughlin's meddling. Along with the Kessler and Dobbs trades.

Given all the holes we have and some of the luck this team's had with late 5th RD picks we probably could have used them.

Made no sense to fork over those picks only to turn them loose after one year. Dobbs may not be here in a few months.

The Kessler trade looked really good when it was made. The Dobbs trade looked like a team in desperate need of a QB going out and getting a well-regarded, unproven one. The Hyde trade just looked like desperation and a guaranteed failure.

I lamented the Hyde trade. He's a strong pile mover and did the best he could here with our terrible O line.

Quite a few posters believe they know why running backs do well after being traded to other teams.  Carlos is one of the examples.  It's always they did not want to be here, they didn't try or they were not motivated.  Here is a secret I'm going to let you in on.  Running backs don't do well here because they are playing behind a line that is beyond terrible.  It's that simple.

(01-05-2020, 03:58 PM)jagman Wrote: Quite a few posters believe they know why running backs do well after being traded to other teams.  Carlos is one of the examples.  It's always they did not want to be here, they didn't try or they were not motivated.  Here is a secret I'm going to let you in on.  Running backs don't do well here because they are playing behind a line that is beyond terrible.  It's that simple.

Hyde complained about his role while he was here. In a newspaper article in Houston, he said that he "didn't feel that love". Those are not things a player who's happy with where they are do or say.

(01-05-2020, 05:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 03:58 PM)jagman Wrote: Quite a few posters believe they know why running backs do well after being traded to other teams.  Carlos is one of the examples.  It's always they did not want to be here, they didn't try or they were not motivated.  Here is a secret I'm going to let you in on.  Running backs don't do well here because they are playing behind a line that is beyond terrible.  It's that simple.

Hyde complained about his role while he was here. In a newspaper article in Houston, he said that he "didn't feel that love". Those are not things a player who's happy with where they are do or say.

What does that have to do with not being able to be productive behind the worse OL in the NFL?.

(01-05-2020, 05:41 PM)jagman Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 05:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: Hyde complained about his role while he was here. In a newspaper article in Houston, he said that he "didn't feel that love". Those are not things a player who's happy with where they are do or say.

What does that have to do with not being able to be productive behind the worse OL in the NFL?.

It’s bad. Not the worst. There are 6 others worse. Also, Fournette did ok. Hyde just was in his feelings and didn’t try hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-05-2020, 05:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Given the fallout of Tom and Marrone/Caldwell's recent press conference. It sounds like the trade for Hyde was a Tom directive that Marrone didn't want. So you acquired a player that the coaches didn't think they needed or want. The lack of a welcoming atmosphere afterwards especially when the team was already dead in the water record wise, makes sense.

(01-05-2020, 02:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He was traded here to fill a need at RB while Fournette was injured.

It was a predictable situation most of the time he was out in the backfield.

Couple that with poor play along the line and you get nothing out of him.

Doesn't hurt playing on an offense with Watson, Hopkins and Johnson though.

couple that with the entire RB group rebelling against management (position coach included), and it was a miserable setup for failure.