Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 NFL Free Agents

Just saw that Jordan Reed is out there at TE. I know he's been beat to hell and back physically. With his familiarity with Gruden's offense though I am surprised we haven't offered him some type of "prove it" deal already. He's only 29 years old. You could probably get decent value there by just using him as a role player or situational player from his position.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2020, 09:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Just saw that Jordan Reed is out there at TE. I know he's been beat to hell and back physically. With his familiarity with Gruden's offense though I am surprised we haven't offered him some type of "prove it" deal already. He's only 29 years old. You could probably get decent value there by just using him as a role player or situational player from his position.
I hope no one signs Reed. He’s like a guy at the bar who’s had way too many drinks so you take his car keys from him.

He’s had so many bad concussions that someone needs to take his car keys from him.

(03-20-2020, 09:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Just saw that Jordan Reed is out there at TE. I know he's been beat to hell and back physically. With his familiarity with Gruden's offense though I am surprised we haven't offered him some type of "prove it" deal already. He's only 29 years old. You could probably get decent value there by just using him as a role player or situational player from his position.
I hope no one signs Reed. He’s like a guy at the bar who’s had way too many drinks so you take his car keys from him.

He’s had so many bad concussions that someone needs to take his car keys from him.

Absolutely.  The guy probably already is high up on the CTE chain.  GMs need to take a stance and NOT sign the guy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Gordon to Den, Ebron to Pitt

Looks like Clinton-Dix to Dallas: One Year, 4 mil. I would've taken him here in a hearthbeat...

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-20-2020, 01:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ebron to Pitt

2-year deal worth $12M....he was a guy I was looking for.

(03-20-2020, 03:14 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 01:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ebron to Pitt

2-year deal worth $12M....he was a guy I was looking for.

Yea, that's a reasonable deal for a guy with his recent track record.

He's one concussion away from a wheelchair at this point. I'd rather the Jaguars not be the team to put him there.

we need to sign this guy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2894...cam-newton

I want to see Minshew a full year but I wouldn't be mad at Newton/Winston for backup insurance

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1242482352405778437
No Fun

HARD pass on Winston. He's been as awful as Bortles with his turnovers. Newton wouldn't want to be a backup. I don't know where he'll end up. But I doubt he's riding the bench anywhere in 2020. My guess is that he'll somehow end up with the Miami Dolphins or Los Angeles Chargers in the next few weeks. That doesn't remove them from drafting a QB. But it at least puts the pressure of not having to roll with a rookie in 2020 and it gives Newton a chance to show that he can still physically hold up and play well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Seems like Ravens had troubles too signing someone:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...9406821376

Bengals Cut Kirkpatrick, would be a good get on a year or 2 deal

(03-31-2020, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bengals Cut Kirkpatrick, would be a good get on a year or 2 deal

Def, I wonder if we try to pick him up. He would def help us out.

We need to sign this guy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2897...irkpatrick

(03-31-2020, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bengals Cut Kirkpatrick, would be a good get on a year or 2 deal

I'm all for adding potential talent to the CB group.
And no one we sign in FA at this position should/would keep us from drafting one with one of our first 3 picks.

That way you let Melvin, Herndon, Kirkpatrick in this scenario, and a rookie (Diggs perhaps) battle it out for the starting roles and some at least solid backups behind the winners.

(04-01-2020, 07:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/12...3127108609

Can we trade Yan for the best offer and then tour around and sign Clowney?

(04-01-2020, 08:44 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/12...3127108609

Can we trade Yan for the best offer and then tour around and sign Clowney?

Eww, he's worth $10M/year max based on his inconsistent production and injury history.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt