Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 NFL Free Agents

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 11:44 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-15-2020, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: ...
 Now Henry at 28th is laughable. 

Not really. He didn't really do squat until week 10 last year, has only one season of good YPG production, and ran behind a stout line. 
But the biggest factor is that running backs are a dime a dozen in every draft and spending big on them in free agency is lunacy.
I think it is, he has been a monster since high school, won a hiesman and a championship.  It's no like this is his first bit of success lol.  He is averaging 180 years a game in his last  5 games, NFL record.  Derrick Henry's aren't a dim a dozen, sorry. Henry is a monster, that Ten offense would be nowhere near as good without Henry, Tanny just helped put them over the top

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2020, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not really. He didn't really do squat until week 10 last year, has only one season of good YPG production, and ran behind a stout line. 
But the biggest factor is that running backs are a dime a dozen in every draft and spending big on them in free agency is lunacy.
I think it is, he has been a monster since high school, won a hiesman and a championship.  It's no like this is his first bit of success lol.  He is averaging 180 years a game in his last  5 games, NFL record.  Derrick Henry's aren't a dim a dozen, sorry.  Henry is a monster, that Ten offense would be nowhere near as good without Henry, Tanny just helped put them over the top

How much would you pay him though? Like max

(01-15-2020, 11:46 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think it is, he has been a monster since high school, won a hiesman and a championship.  It's no like this is his first bit of success lol.  He is averaging 180 years a game in his last  5 games, NFL record.  Derrick Henry's aren't a dim a dozen, sorry.  Henry is a monster, that Ten offense would be nowhere near as good without Henry, Tanny just helped put them over the top

How much would you pay him though? Like max

If I was Ten I would make him the highest paid RB.  How much would you pay Yan like max?

(01-15-2020, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:46 AM)JackCity Wrote: How much would you pay him though? Like max

If I was Ten I would make him the highest paid RB.  How much would you pay Yan like max?

You'd pay Henry 16 million a year, over 90 million total, with 50+ million guaranteed? 

Wow.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 12:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-15-2020, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If I was Ten I would make him the highest paid RB.  How much would you pay Yan like max?

You'd pay Henry 16 million a year, over 90 million total, with 50+ million guaranteed? 

Wow.

Actually I would franchise him first, just like you can do with Yan. I would make a good offer to Yan but I wouldn't give I'm Mack or Donald money

(01-15-2020, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If I was Ten I would make him the highest paid RB.  How much would you pay Yan like max?

Wow.

Makes me feel better about Caldwell

(01-15-2020, 11:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You'd pay Henry 16 million a year, over 90 million total, with 50+ million guaranteed? 

Wow.

Actually I would franchise him first, just like you can do with Yan.  I would make a good offer to Yan but I wouldn't give I'm Mack or Donald money

I have no clue why you keep injecting Ngakoue into this conversation. 

I'm talking about the lunacy of paying a RB 90 million dollars. 

The positional values between the two are worlds apart - yet you want to pay a RB in line with a top ten pass rusher.

Has paying any of the running backs big money even worked out? Zeke , Gurley , DJ, Bell etc etc all looking terrible investments

(01-15-2020, 12:03 PM)JackCity Wrote: Has paying any of the running backs big money even worked out? Zeke , Gurley , DJ, Bell etc etc all looking terrible investments

Cowboys will be trying to restructure Zeke's mega deal in T-Minus 10, 9, 8 , 7...

RB mega deals ARE terrible investments.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 12:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-15-2020, 12:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Actually I would franchise him first, just like you can do with Yan.  I would make a good offer to Yan but I wouldn't give I'm Mack or Donald money

I have no clue why you keep injecting Ngakoue into this conversation. 

The positional values between the two are worlds apart - yet you want to pay a RB in line with a top ten pass rusher.

I would argue Henry is more important to the Titans than Yannick is to the Jags and would make 5 mil less.

(01-15-2020, 12:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:03 PM)JackCity Wrote: Has paying any of the running backs big money even worked out? Zeke , Gurley , DJ, Bell etc etc all looking terrible investments

Cowboys will be trying to restructure Zeke's mega deal in T-Minus 10, 9, 8 , 7...

Depends on the years.  Too many years on those deals, but annual salary yeas hes worth it especially for the Titans

(01-15-2020, 12:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have no clue why you keep injecting Ngakoue into this conversation. 

I would argue Henry is more important to the Titans than Yannick is to the Jags and would make 5 mil less.

Welp.

I hope the tacks are stupid enough to pay a RB 90 million.  I'd love what it does to their cap. 
All for a guy with half a season of + production at a position known to fall off a cliff in performance at any moment  - only to be easily replaced by an undrafted prospect.

(01-15-2020, 12:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I would argue Henry is more important to the Titans than Yannick is to the Jags and would make 5 mil less.

Welp.

I hope the tacks are stupid enough to pay a RB 90 million.  I'd love what it does to their cap. 
All for a guy with half a season of + production at a position known to fall off a cliff in performance at any moment  - only to be easily replaced by an undrafted prospect.

Easily replaced lol.  I hope the Titams doesn't resign him.  You must have not seen what he does to the Jags defense everytime we play him or either you have a bad memory.  Hes averaged 4.2 yards per carry for his career and 5 yards a carry the last few season.  Hardly a half a season of production.  It just shows when the Titans now have a good QB where the defenses have to worry a little about Tannehill how good Henry is.  No difference from his Hiesman winning college days or his high school days.  He has dominated at every level and the Titans wouldn't be in the AFC championship game if it wasnt for him

(01-15-2020, 12:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

It's quite literally throwing millions into the wind. I think CMCs contract will be very interesting  however

(01-15-2020, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Welp.

Easily replaced lol.  I hope the Titams doesn't resign him.  You must have not seen what he does to the Jags defense everytime we play him or either you have a bad memory.  Hes averaged 4.2 yards per carry for his career and 5 yards a carry the last few season.  Hardly a half a season of production.  It just shows when the Titans now have a good QB where the defenses have to worry a little about Tannehill how good Henry is.  No difference from his Hiesman winning college days or his high school days.  He has dominated at every level and the Titans wouldn't be in the AFC championship game if it wasnt for him

Breaking down your errors:
  • running backs are perhaps the MOST replaceable players on an offense
  • my memory is fine - he's containable when we have a nose tackle and a MLB worth their salt
  • Yards per carry isn't "production."  LOL  C'mon.  
  • You bringing up high school and college in a discussion about a 90 million dollar NFL contract has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen here  (well, almost) 

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 01:44 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(01-15-2020, 12:02 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You'd pay Henry 16 million a year, over 90 million total, with 50+ million guaranteed? 

Wow.

Makes me feel better about Caldwell

Don’t jinx it... Fournette is a FA isn’t he? This FO is known for terrible deals, wouldn’t surprise me to add a monster deal to 4nette to the list.

Wasn’t it Caldwell who made Chris freaking Ivory a top 5 paid RB at the time?

(01-15-2020, 12:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Cowboys will be trying to restructure Zeke's mega deal in T-Minus 10, 9, 8 , 7...

It's quite literally throwing millions into the wind. I think CMCs contract will be very interesting  however

CMC is a running back and receiver though... I think backs like that are the exception.
I'd have no problem making CMC the highest paid RB in the league.

Ground and pound backs? Not so much.

(01-15-2020, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Welp.

You're such a "in the moment" talent evaluator it's astounding.

"Lamar better watch out because Joe Burrow is coming to the division!" Oh no! Not Joe Burrow!

Henry is a terrible investment and I would love for the Titans to throw money at him. The Titans OLine has as much to do with Henry running wild as Henry does. They are opening up massive holes for him. And no one is saying he isn't good in the moment but paying a running back top money just isn't smart and it's not hard to see that. It's why pass rushers make the 2nd most money behind QBs. They are much more valuable.

(01-15-2020, 01:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Makes me feel better about Caldwell

Don’t jinx it... Fournette is a FA isn’t he? This FO is known for terrible deals, wouldn’t surprise me to add a monster deal to 4nette to the list.

Wasn’t it Caldwell who made Chris freaking Ivory a top 5 paid RB at the time?

no
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Can I add Yannick Ngakoue?

(01-15-2020, 01:50 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's quite literally throwing millions into the wind. I think CMCs contract will be very interesting  however

CMC is a running back and receiver though... I think backs like that are the exception.
I'd have no problem making CMC the highest paid RB in the league.

Ground and pound backs? Not so much.

Thats what makes it interesting, as you are essentially paying a slot wr and a rb