Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 NFL Free Agents

It's a deep group of players at the DT/NT position who will be available in FA in a month.

I hope we get to sign one of them to a not too expensive deal. Someone like Billings (who isn't great at rushing the passer but turns 25 this season and is a very good run stopper, shouldn't be expensive), Butler, DJ Reader or several others.
We can cut Abry Jones without any dead money and replacing him by adding one of those guys on a similar/a little bit more expensive deal.

I wouldn't want to enter the draft with a massive hole at that position and being forced into selecting a NT earlier than we would (of course if Brown falls to 9 or Kinlaw to 20 you consider it based on who else is available but both could be a no brainer in that scenario) and possibly missing on a potentially top OL or Simmons because of that.

Much easier to find a quality NT in FA for "cheap" rather than finding a quality OL at a reasonable price in FA (and after Norwell let's just draft our guys up front)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-19-2020, 07:47 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: It's a deep group of players at the DT/NT position who will be available in FA in a month.

I hope we get to sign one of them to a not too expensive deal. Someone like Billings (who isn't great at rushing the passer but turns 25 this season and is a very good run stopper, shouldn't be expensive), Butler, DJ Reader or several others.
We can cut Abry Jones without any dead money and replacing him by adding one of those guys on a similar/a little bit more expensive deal.

I wouldn't want to enter the draft with a massive hole at that position and being forced into selecting a NT earlier than we would (of course if Brown falls to 9 or Kinlaw to 20 you consider it based on who else is available but both could be a no brainer in that scenario) and possibly missing on a potentially top OL or Simmons because of that.

Much easier to find a quality NT in FA for "cheap" rather than finding a quality OL at a reasonable price in FA (and after Norwell let's just draft our guys up front)

Agreed on signing a NT, Danny Shelton is available too.  But signing a NT wouldnt stop me from drafting Brown or Kinlaw at 9.  Kinlaw wont be there at 20 and could possibly go to Arizona at 8

100% agree on the idea of signing a DT in free agency.

Here's Walter's list of free agent DTs: https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2020DT.php

There is an incredible amount of big run stuffers in FA this year, whether you want to pay top dollar or find a bargain option. I also think this might be a reason why Dareus may end up returning, the market might not be what he expects. Either way, I definitely expect us to have a player in place before the draft that frees us up at pick 9 so we aren't forced into picking Brown or Kinlaw.

Bring him home (Former Gator)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2873...eased-soon

(02-20-2020, 12:28 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Bring him home (Former Gator)

Yeah...out all season in concussion protocol.  Let's bring him in.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If Reed is cleared then yes I’d bring him in.

(02-20-2020, 12:28 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Bring him home (Former Gator)

The dude's reached the point where walking into a low hanging branch will give him a severe concussion. No thanks. Not for the wallet, and not for the conscience of being the team that gets him knocked down for good.

I wouldn't be opposed to Reed for bottom dollar if no one else gives him a shot. But I'd rather look elsewhere for an upgrade at TE.

Snacks Harrison being released by Loins. That’d be a dream to land him.

(02-20-2020, 09:13 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Snacks Harrison being released by Loins. That’d be a dream to land him.

Damn, this might be the deepest NT FA class ever.  I good time to need one and there are a number of guys we could get.

Looks like the NFL is trying to tell us how we should be valuing traditional 2 down run stuffers that don't offer anything vs the pass.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 10:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-20-2020, 10:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Looks like the NFL is trying to tell us how we should be valuing traditional 2 down run stuffers that don't offer anything vs the pass.

Some of those teams will regret these decisions when there are giving up over 200 yards a game rushing like we did.  When your run D looks like ours did last year and the past few years without Dareus, let's you realize you shouldn't take those things for granted.  Each year certain positions are deep in FA, this year it just so happens to be NT, one of if not our biggest need. Last year it was safety

(02-20-2020, 07:01 PM)High Octane Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to Reed for bottom dollar if no one else gives him a shot. But I'd rather look elsewhere for an upgrade at TE.

It's Laurent Robinson all over again!

Hard pass.

(02-20-2020, 09:13 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Snacks Harrison being released by Loins. That’d be a dream to land him.

Like another poster mentioned, this year's FA class is pretty good at interior d-line.

Will certainly make cutting Dareus and opening up more cap space easier to take.

There's a decent chance Avery Williamson is cut by the jets. He'd be a nice add

I posted this in another thread but figured I'd post it here as well.

Top 101 free agents.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Nick Kwiatkoski - LB

"One of the most promising backup linebackers early in his Bears career, Kwiatkoski proved to be a playmaking upgrade opposite Roquan Smith when steady starter Danny Trevathan went down with an elbow injury in early November. He's an intriguing under-the-radar target in a buyer's linebacker market."

I like this kid. Saw him in a few games last year and he was making a ton of splash plays. Looked good against the Lions back in November. Played pretty well against the Vikings in both contests as well. If the price is right they should be eyeing him as a potential upgrade to our woeful LB core from last year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeah I mentioned Kwiatoski several pages ago he would be the top value LB I would target.

"The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports there's a "real chance" the Ravens "move" third-year TE Hayden Hurst this offseason... Hurst should have a market, but the Ravens can't expect more than a Day 3 pick. "

I'd be willing to trade a Day 3 pick for him all day.

We need to get this guy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2878...c-ogletree