Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 NFL Free Agents

(03-04-2020, 01:51 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 12:11 AM)Upper Wrote: One of the biggest cases of counting stats lying that I've ever seen. Look at those rate+ stats. I'll just copy the raw numbers, y'all know by now that they're the important per throw stats averaged out to 100 being league average.

Brady - 87 94 95 100 87 93 116 118 95
Tannehill - 145 130 142 131 123 133 104 77 135

Tannehill was basically MVP level and Brady was bad at everything except avoiding interceptions and sacks.

QB rating only? So we can cherry pick which stats matter and which don't?

What?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-04-2020, 04:29 PM)surfon Wrote: Littleton, Barrett, maybe sherff.  Are there any good centers to possibly get Linder back to guard.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars are one of the teams that are a prime contender for Lions UFA G-C Graham Glasgow.  He would give the Jaguars interior versatility and reliability.  

Graham Glasgow was the Lions most durable Offensive Lineman in recent years.  

Things could change.  But at this time in time,  I would be surprised if the Lions and Glasgow come to a contract extension before or during the FA period.  Glasgow was used in a Guard rotation in 2019,  despite him being by far the best of the 3 Guards that were part of the rotation.  Even with his ties to the state of Michigan in his time in Ann Arbor and his 4 seasons in the Detroit area,  it feels like a situation in which the two parties will be going their separate ways.

(03-04-2020, 09:09 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 01:51 PM)Kane Wrote: QB rating only? So we can cherry pick which stats matter and which don't?

What?

You said ignore stats like yards, TDs and INTs and want to use the rating only...

That's cherry picking is it not?

Tannehill has a better rating because the roster around him was better and allowed him to have better games. But Brady is the better talent and on that tacks roster he likely has higher ratings as well... based on the stats he compiled with his worst offensive roster ever in New England.

(03-06-2020, 11:46 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 09:09 PM)Upper Wrote: What?

You said ignore stats like yards, TDs and INTs and want to use the rating only...

That's cherry picking is it not?

Tannehill has a better rating because the roster around him was better and allowed him to have better games. But Brady is the better talent and on that tacks roster he likely has higher ratings as well... based on the stats he compiled with his worst offensive roster ever in New England.

You should have just said you needed further explanation on what rate+ stats were. I figured I've brought them up enough by now that everyone knew. It's the advanced passing section on pro football reference. It takes TD%, INT%, comp%, sack%, passer rating, yards per attempt, net yards per attempt, and more and averages them out so that 100 is league average. It's not perfect but it's WAY better than looking at overall stats.

Tannhill [BLEEP] destroyed Brady across the board last year and no amount of roster talent was going to even out that disparity last year.

Josh Norman to the Bill's. He was 114th out of 119 qualifying corners on pff lol

Yea he's washed. Surprised he even got 6 million base

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 10:05 AM by RicoTx.)

Doesn't necessarily go here, but....

I have to agree with the best.

There have been so many, how can you choose the worst?  Although he is a good choice.   Edit: ahhhhh, I see.  Since 2015.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2884...s-2015#JAX
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-27-2020, 02:55 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 01:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looking like Rivers will go to the Colts and Brady to possibly the the Titans. #becausejaguars

I'm more worried about (the possibility of) Brady going to the tacks than Rivers going to the clots. tacks were a playoff team this year. Have a beast RB, a good D, a solid TE, a real good young WR and a solid OL.

Rivers was essentially THE reason the Bolts weren't good this year. He must have set personal records for back breaking INTs.
I don't think the clots roster is better (or much better) than the bolts.
I know historically Rivers has been a Jags killer, but that was mostly on the west coast.

I really hope Rivers ends up with the Dolts. His arm was never strong to begin with. He's clearly in decline, and hopefully the Dolts break the bank for him. I don't want to see Brady in a Tacks uniform, however. I think Brady will end up with Arians in TB. They can offer him the most money, and that offense has the best weapons of all the teams bidding for him.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Cordy Glenn cut, this would be a nice FA pick up if the plan on going defense with our 1st oick

I wouldnt sign any big free agents. We arent competing for anything other than for 4th in the AFC South. Let the rookies and young players develop and get the cap back on track than sign some guys once we get a formidable roster again. This isnt the year.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(03-13-2020, 05:02 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: I wouldnt sign any big free agents. We arent competing for anything other than for 4th in the AFC South. Let the rookies and young players develop and get the cap back on track than sign some guys once we get a formidable roster again. This isnt the year.

The HC and GM are in a “prove-it” year. 
They will absolutely NOT take the approach you are suggesting. They don’t have time to wait on development. 

That said, the Ngakoue situation likely keeps them from doing anything crazy in FA. Just a couple of mid tier signings comparable to the Conley and Swaim deals last year.

Ran across this today:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/fiv...li=BBnbfcL

Outlines the kind of "under the radar" type of free agent signings I'd rather see the Jags pursue, specifically Johnson and Kwiatkoski.

Desmond Trufant to be released by the Falcons. He would be a good get on a couple year deal

(03-16-2020, 07:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Desmond Trufant to be released by the Falcons. He would be a good get on a couple year deal

Dilla tweeting that Jags have shown interest in Trufant. He's solid. Wouldn't hate it.

Green Bay is signing free agent RT Rick Wagner to a 2 yr/$11m deal. He was formerly with Detroit.

Browns to make Hooper the highest paid TE in the league. Dodged a bullet there.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 12:55 PM by NCJag.)

(03-16-2020, 12:43 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Browns to make Hooper the highest paid TE in the league. Dodged a bullet there.

I would totally swing one of those 4th rounders to Cleveland for David Njoku.

32/386/4
56/639/4

His numbers the last 2 years up north. Plus, as a first rounder it would possibly give us 3 more years of control on him with the 5th year option.

edit: those are 17/18 numbers. He broke a wrist early season and missed most of the year in 2019.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-16-2020, 12:52 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 12:43 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Browns to make Hooper the highest paid TE in the league. Dodged a bullet there.

32/386/4
56/639/4

His numbers the last 2 years up north. Plus, as a first rounder it would possibly give us 3 more years of control on him with the 5th year option.
100% agree.

Glad they didn’t go after Hooper and give him a massive contract just so he could let us down.

(03-16-2020, 12:52 PM)NCJag Wrote:

32/386/4
56/639/4

edit: those are 17/18 numbers. He broke a wrist early season and missed most of the year in 2019.

i would love the move at those conditions.

Agreed