Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 NFL Free Agents

(03-16-2020, 12:58 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 12:52 PM)NCJag Wrote: I would totally swing one of those 4th rounders to Cleveland for David Njoku.

32/386/4
56/639/4

His numbers the last 2 years up north. Plus, as a first rounder it would possibly give us 3 more years of control on him with the 5th year option.

edit: those are 17/18 numbers.  He broke a wrist early season and missed most of the year in 2019.

i would love the move at those conditions.
Just wonder if Cleveland is willing to bite....they've got the flexibility to cut a few people and free up MASSIVE space.  Couldnt hurt to sniff around though.  Of course, we DID upset them a few years ago with that snatching of Don Carey off the released/injured list.  Although that worked out so WELL in our favor.....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just heard on the radio here in Chicago that the Bears are extremely close to signing Teddy Bridgewater for $20-$22 per.

(03-16-2020, 02:14 PM)High Octane Wrote: Just heard on the radio here in Chicago that the Bears are extremely close to signing Teddy Bridgewater for $20-$22 per.

Oof.  Doesn't give the "vote of confidence" for Mitch, now does it?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-16-2020, 02:14 PM)High Octane Wrote: Just heard on the radio here in Chicago that the Bears are extremely close to signing Teddy Bridgewater for $20-$22 per.

Way too much

Ereck Flowers agreed to a 3 year/30 mil deal with the Dolphins?!? WTH?!?

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 04:09 PM by jjah34.)

DT Buckner to Colts for the 13th overall pick to 49ers

(03-16-2020, 04:04 PM)NCJag Wrote: Ereck Flowers agreed to a 3 year/30 mil deal with the Dolphins?!?  WTH?!?

'Skins had moved him to guard instead of tackle and his performance jumped. 

Still too much, but he had shown an uptick in play.

(03-16-2020, 04:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 04:04 PM)NCJag Wrote: Ereck Flowers agreed to a 3 year/30 mil deal with the Dolphins?!?  WTH?!?

I get that he's still only 25 and he showed an uptick in play...but MAN.  Apparently he was decent at LG for them last year....maybe he was just being played out of position.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 04:54 PM by Upper.)

Raiders got our guy at a reasonable price. Kwiatkowski for 7M AAV will look like a bargain as far as FA is concerned.

(03-16-2020, 04:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Browns just picked up Jack Conklin. 3ys, $42m, $30m guaranteed

Not too much more!

(03-16-2020, 12:37 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Green Bay is signing free agent RT Rick Wagner to a 2 yr/$11m deal.  He was formerly with Detroit.

These contract numbers are more fitting for how Rick Wagner performed for the Lions than the $ 9 million he would have received in 2020 under the terms of the 5 year contract he signed with the Lions as an UFA in 2017.

Rick Wagner now has the opportunity to play in the state of Wisconsin, where his roots are and with a team that reached the NFC Championship game.  On the downside, he still has to face Vikings DE Danielle Hunter twice a season.  A matchup that usually gave Wagner ( and most other RTs ) problems galore.  Not to mention, Khalil Mack is also still on the schedule twice a year.

(03-16-2020, 05:11 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 12:37 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Green Bay is signing free agent RT Rick Wagner to a 2 yr/$11m deal.  He was formerly with Detroit.

These contract numbers are more fitting for how Rick Wagner performed for the Lions than the $ 9 million he would have received in 2020 under the terms of the 5 year contract he signed with the Lions as an UFA in 2017.

Rick Wagner now has the opportunity to play in the state of Wisconsin, where his roots are and with a team that reached the NFC Championship game.  On the downside, he still has to face Vikings DE Danielle Hunter twice a season.  A matchup that usually gave Wagner ( and most other RTs ) problems galore.  Not to mention, Khalil Mack is also still on the schedule twice a year.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/...3536691203

What do you think?

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 05:44 PM by D6.)

(03-16-2020, 05:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 05:11 PM)D6 Wrote: These contract numbers are more fitting for how Rick Wagner performed for the Lions than the $ 9 million he would have received in 2020 under the terms of the 5 year contract he signed with the Lions as an UFA in 2017.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/...3536691203

What do you think?

Thanks for providing the info!  This is the first I saw of the Lions agreeing to a contract with Halapoulivaati Vaitai.

The first thing that comes to mind is the copy and paste functions on computers are appreciated by me more than ever. LOL 

I thought Halapoulivaati Vaitai did a good job in the 2017 season when he replaced the injured Jason Peters at LT on what became an eventual Super Bowl Championship for the Eagles.

My guess is the Lions plan is to use Halapoulivaati Vaitai at RT.  With the flexibility of moving him to LT in 2021 if the Lions move on from Taylor Decker. 

Vaitai didn't come cheap.  But I think he proved that he was capable of being a starter in the NFL.  He bailed the Eagles out multiple times.  

One reassuring factor is the Lions new Defensive Coordinator Cory Undlin was the Eagles DB Coach.  His familiarity with Vaitai from practices,  watching practice tape involving his own unit, and being around the team, are likely a significant factors in the decision.  I expect one or more Eagles DBs to agree to contract terms with the Lions this off-season.  The Lions are rumored to be interested in CB Jalen Mills.

Bradberry to Giants 3/45

Byron Jones to Dolphins. No number yet reported that I've seen, but should make him the highest paid CB

Glasgow for 4/44 to Denver

Conklin 3/42 to Cleveland

(03-16-2020, 07:00 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Byron Jones to Dolphins. No number yet reported that I've seen, but should make him the highest paid CB

And we're officially the least talented team in Florida =/

Looks like Jaguars not planning on any big-splash signings. They may just be trying to accumulate as many draft choices and cap space after this season. Seats will be very empty this coming season. The roster may be worse than during their inaugural season.

(03-16-2020, 07:00 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Bradberry to Giants 3/45

Byron Jones to Dolphins. No number yet reported that I've seen, but should make him the highest paid CB

Glasgow for 4/44 to Denver

Conklin 3/42 to Cleveland

It looks like the CB market is going through the roof.  

As crazy as it sounds, I thought Graham Glasgow would get even more per season or more guaranteed money ( $ 25 million is the reported number ) than he received.  Especially, because 2 Guards had the Franchise Tag placed on them.  The Broncos got good value.

(03-16-2020, 07:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Looks like Jaguars not planning on any big-splash signings. They may just be trying to accumulate as many draft choices and cap space after this season.  Seats will be very empty this coming season. The roster may be worse than during their inaugural season.

I'm onboard with the rebuild and maximizing draft stock. 

I do worry about the future of this team though.

(03-16-2020, 07:34 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 07:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Looks like Jaguars not planning on any big-splash signings. They may just be trying to accumulate as many draft choices and cap space after this season.  Seats will be very empty this coming season. The roster may be worse than during their inaugural season.

I'm onboard with the rebuild and maximizing draft stock. 

I do worry about the future of this team though.
If all these moves were being made with a new FO and new HC, I would be all about it.