Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A possible offseason strategy - Invest massively in the offense

(01-17-2020, 09:12 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 07:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I get why people like the concept.

And if you share the opinion it's not gonna all get fixed in one year, then it makes even more sense.

Still gotta land a proper nose tackle and at least a decent ILB though, even if that's all you do on defense besides late round picks and UDFA for secondary and depth.

Personally, I still want a NT and CB prior to the 4th round in this draft and the best ILB you can muster in free agency.

Nose tackles can be found readily in the not first round of the draft. Same with ILB. Those are two of the least in demand positions, between FA, trade, and later round picks we can fill it.

If we were to somehow pay Hunter Henry and then draft Wills Jr (or Thomas/Wirfs if Wills is gone) and Ruggs...whew that could be the start of a very dangerous offense.

That's pretty much exactly the route I'm thinking... One of the top OTs at 9 and WR at 20... Or the other way around, paired with a top FA TE... Suddenly you're looking at a potent offense.

I know many people see WR as a low priority, but most of Minshew's struggles came when opponents schemed to take Chark away, coupled with the lack of a threat over the middle... Add those options and suddenly it's a different ballgame.

Ruggs is a personal draft crush of mine, the speed alone, with Minshew's great deep ball, would completely change how defenses would play us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A possible offseason strategy - Invest massively in the offense - by JagJohn - 01-17-2020, 09:32 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-18-2020, 08:27 AM