Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC and NFC Championship games

(01-19-2020, 08:58 PM)mal234 Wrote: Rough game for the Packers. Things have already gotten away from them in this first half. I had hoped this game would be more competitive and it even though there is still a half left it looks like SF is going to Super Bowl.
Don’t worry. Chiefs 49ers should be a great SB. So many great matchups on that game.

Titans GB was worst case scenario but we got best case so let’s go!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2020, 08:58 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I have always thought that Rodgers was overated and would only get one ring like Farve. This game is confirming my thoughts. Also, the pack isn't that good, but we already knew that. Rodgers turning into winston trying to do too much.

Vic has been slobbering all over his jock this season, but I don't get it. I remember a year or so ago reading that Rodgers had never made a 4th quarter come from behind win against a team that finished  that season with a winning record.

For comparison Brady had a couple of them in the previous year or two at the time the article was written.

Rodgers looks like Popski from Necessary Roughness behind that line.

49ers are so much more physical than the Packers. This game looks like a high school varsity vs JV game

9ers defense reminds me of ours in 2017. Fast and violent.

That 49er defense is fast and ferocious. Gonna be fun to see them matched up with the Chiefs offense.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-19-2020, 09:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 9ers defense reminds me of ours in 2017. Fast and violent.

We'll they do have the best rookie defensive end.   Rolleyes

(01-19-2020, 09:02 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 08:58 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I have always thought that Rodgers was overated and would only get one ring like Farve. This game is confirming my thoughts. Also, the pack isn't that good, but we already knew that. Rodgers turning into winston trying to do too much.

Vic has been slobbering all over his jock this season, but I don't get it. I remember a year or so ago reading that Rodgers had never made a 4th quarter come from behind win against a team that finished  that season with a winning record.

For comparison Brady had a couple of them in the previous year or two at the time the article was written.
Agree completely. Vics time in Green Bay was not good for him. His opinion on Rodgers is ridiculous. Vic acts like he’s the best QB in the NFL, I’m not even sure that has ever been true even for a season.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-19-2020, 09:06 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 09:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 9ers defense reminds me of ours in 2017. Fast and violent.

We'll they do have the best rookie defensive end.   Rolleyes

Lol, good one. He is pretty good tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Packers and Fraudgers
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 09:23 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Dos someone on the Packers have a one night stand with Troy Aikmans mother?

Bosa needs another steroid injection.

Jimmy only has 48 passing yards and the 49ers are up 27 points, lol. They are dominating and have done a nice job of finding different ways to win this season. Sometimes defense, sometime offense (like today with their run game. And Jimmy has had moments this year where he stepped up and took on the load leading them to a win). They are just an impressive team as a whole. Kyle Shanahan has done a great job with them.

(01-19-2020, 09:27 PM)mal234 Wrote: Jimmy only has 48 passing yards and the 49ers are up 27 points, lol. They are dominating and have done a nice job of finding different ways to win this season. Sometimes defense, sometime offense (like today with their run game. And Jimmy has had moments this year where he stepped up and took on the load leading them to a win). They are just an impressive team as a whole. Kyle Shanahan has done a great job with them.

Shanahan's system is just genius. The year Atlanta went to the SB, that O was just incredible. He has lesser weapons at the moment but the same results. It's so difficult to defend against. So many options for the QB. Just find the open guy.

The Packers run defense may be worse than ours.

(01-19-2020, 09:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Packers run defense may be worse than ours.

It's bad, but I think it's more that the 49ers are excellent. The jaguars run defense was the worst I may have ever seen for an extended period. Normally it can be solved to some degree by getting players to play the scheme, but the Jaguars seemed completely incapable of even stopping the run when they lined up correctly and stayed in their gaps.

(01-19-2020, 09:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 09:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Packers run defense may be worse than ours.

It's bad, but I think it's more that the 49ers are excellent. The jaguars run defense was the worst I may have ever seen for an extended period. Normally it can be solved to some degree by getting players to play the scheme, but the Jaguars seemed completely incapable of even stopping the run when they lined up correctly and stayed in their gaps.
Our defense, week after week, was caught in the Wash
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-19-2020, 09:49 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 09:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's bad, but I think it's more that the 49ers are excellent. The jaguars run defense was the worst I may have ever seen for an extended period. Normally it can be solved to some degree by getting players to play the scheme, but the Jaguars seemed completely incapable of even stopping the run when they lined up correctly and stayed in their gaps.
Our defense, week after week, was caught in the Wash

Lol! Good one!

It’s be nice if the Packers would show up for the game...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The Rodgers slander is weird. He’s had [BLEEP] coaching and defense behind him for years.

(01-19-2020, 10:08 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote:

The Rodgers slander is weird. He’s had [BLEEP] coaching and defense behind him for years.

I wouldn't say calling him overrated is slander, just a difference of opinion.