Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jay Gruden Hired - Merged Threads

(01-24-2020, 04:52 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 04:26 PM)jagshype Wrote: The more I think about the more I realize that Hackett was a pretty good OC

DeFlip has a long way to go to becoming a good OC

Heres to hoping we see more motion and passes out of run sets from Gruden

Lol we were last with Hackett too...

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/statu...1949066241

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/statu...7678700544

Pre-snap motions are no indication of how good an OC is. That’s just stupid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-24-2020, 05:01 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Pre-snap motions are no indication of how good an OC is. That’s just stupid.

Motions along with play action are both very +EV. The more we do of both the better.

(01-24-2020, 04:52 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 04:26 PM)jagshype Wrote: The more I think about the more I realize that Hackett was a pretty good OC

Lol we were last with Hackett too...

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/statu...1949066241

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/statu...7678700544

I stand corrected

I dont know why I remember more motion in 17 and 18, especially in pass sets.
Doesnt change my thoughts on Hackett though. Wouldve been interesting to see Hackett with 2019 Fournette and Minshew.

More motion, more misdirection, more play action -- All would be good and I hope Gruden brings all of that stuff with him.

Under Hackett and under Flip, this team's run strategy has been way too transparent and easy to defend.

Hackett was at times good to great. His problem was he tried to get too cute and change the gameplan way too much. Then at other times he would stick with what wasn't working too long in a game before finally making adjustments. There should be a gameplan that says you are going to run your offense and force the defense to adjust and not adjust your offense so much that you can't run it because the players haven't practiced it enough.

If he would have just balanced his gameplan for specific teams with the normal plan of this is the offense we run, he may have survived Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!