Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

Winning won't fix this market though guys. The numbers clearly lied. It's mere coincidence that this team was 21st in Capacity in 2017 and then finished 14th in Capacity in 2018 after the expectations had been set extremely high in 2017 with a promising and deep play off push.

But hey. Winning doesn't fix our problems here. Also, 16th in revenue isn't good enough in this small market.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2020, 01:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think it’s a warning shot fired across the bow of the city: improve the stadium so more people can attend the hot games, and commit to it soon.

What are we supposed to do? I don't think its a stadium issue. I think its a we have sucked for so long that nobody wants to invest an entire day enduring the pain that is this team on the field issue.

"Generation Jaguar" hasn't done their job. Not sure if it lack of disposable income due to debt, lack of passion for football in general, or something else. Kids who were born Jaguar fans are old enough now to pay for their own season tickets. It is actually kind of strange the lack of support this team has.

Hopefully they take our meaningless December games !!!

(02-04-2020, 01:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:17 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lot J is almost done.  I was just down there last weekend and took this drone shot of the area

[Image: 269313_standard.jpeg]

Is that Jalen? lol

I was wondering the same thing lol. Sure looks like they just took the 2019 promo shot for that image--and Jalen was front and center for it.

The stadium will be the next issue. He needs a cathedral to lose in.

[BLEEP] you Khan.

Loyal for 25 years. I just can't justify another year now. I really do not enjoy being an NFL fan anymore. Too many options available out there.

Was expecting 1 home & 1 away game back to back in London. A slap in the face to both be home games, and I don't even live near Jacksonville.

(02-04-2020, 12:56 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4hG1YkWEM

This is such garbage. "We want to succeed on the field but also off the field with revenue." He bought the team for $770 million and it's now worth over $2 billion. That's an amazing ROI. To say they need to go to London to increase their revenue streams (as though they are failing here) is such a crappy excuse.
Here we go again

(02-04-2020, 01:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think it’s a warning shot fired across the bow of the city: improve the stadium so more people can attend the hot games, and commit to it soon.

What are we supposed to do? I don't think its a stadium issue. I think its a we have sucked for so long that nobody wants to invest an entire day enduring the pain that is this team on the field issue.

"Generation Jaguar" hasn't done their job. Not sure if it lack of disposable income due to debt, lack of passion for football in general, or something else. Kids who were born Jaguar fans are old enough now to pay for their own season tickets. It is actually kind of strange the lack of support this team has.

That's absolute BS.  Given that the Jags have had ONE winning season since Shad owned the team, with every other season being double-digit losses, it's actually amazing they've put 58,000 in the stands this year. The last game against the Colts was rocking--the fans were incredible. That was for a team that only had five wins.

The idea that this team is struggling to make money is preposterous.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian...bf3b792f1b

We aren't the least valuable team by a longshot and we have never struggled in bring in a healthy margin.  In 2018, the shared TV, licensing, etc.. money that the NFL splits evenly gave each team over $250M.  Far more than the cost of players which is far and way the biggest expense.  And that $250M doesnt include any local money from tickets, concessions, corporate sponsors, etc....  It's absurd to think we are barely getting by and without multiple trips to London, we'd be going bankrupt.  And all this from a team that has flat out sucked for a decade.  Arguably the worst team in football.  Just imagine how much more money we would have made had they been even decent let alone a contender.  

Part of my skepticism is London itself.  I've been there for a couple games.  The people around town dont seem to care.  And half the fans at the games seemed to be Americans that flew in.  With so many games being played there each year, it feels like the novelty could quickly wear off.  Maybe Khan wants to solidify the Jags as "London's team" because it doesnt really feel that way now.

I know this has been said before, but I think it's worth saying again - a lot of UK Jaguars fans like me also are unhappy with this.

It's great to have the opportunity to see the team play and to meet the players, but more than anything we're in this to support a team from Jacksonville. We don't want to see the Jaguars lose their identity and their roots.

I doubt this will bother most of the people turning up to the games, because a lot are either casual fans or supporters of other teams who just turn out to watch an NFL game. But personally I'd prefer the Jacksonville Jaguars to play in Jacksonville - where they belong.

(02-04-2020, 01:30 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What are we supposed to do? I don't think its a stadium issue. I think its a we have sucked for so long that nobody wants to invest an entire day enduring the pain that is this team on the field issue.

That's absolute BS.  Given that the Jags have had ONE winning season since Shad owned the team, with every other season being double-digit losses, it's actually amazing they've put 58,000 in the stands this year. The last game against the Colts was rocking--the fans were incredible. That was for a team that only had five wins.

Yep. Now is not the time to abandon the team. If this applies pressure to get the city to at least shade the stadium like Miami, that would go a long way towards increasing attendance at the hot games. 

Yell at me if you all want, but I think you’re taking this too personal. Khan’s beef isn’t with the fans, it’s with this idiotic and ineffectual city leadership. They take Khan for granted and he’s showing them he has options.

[Image: c-xm02AL.jpg]

For the record I hold no animosity towards the London fans or even London this is a khan problem simple as that. I hope the London fans enjoy every game possible but I’m about a millisecond away from burning all my jag gear and walking away. I’m growing to hate this franchise, it’s front office, it’s staff I’m real close to saying [BLEEP] it go tacks I’ll pull for our biggest rival.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(02-04-2020, 01:09 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:06 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Six games are better than none IMO. I don't like it but will continue to trust in the process and offer my considerate financial support.

Good for you.

The abused spouse that stays with the abuser can always find ways to justify their decisions.

More like the frog in the boiling water.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-04-2020, 01:43 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: [Image: c-xm02AL.jpg]

Get the [BLEEP] off the board with that [BLEEP].

People calm down. It's a one year plan to boost revenue till Lot J is open. Then the Jaguars Shad Khan will be RIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCHHHH BABY!!! Cha ching!!!! Fans from all over the world flying in to see and taste those beautiful tall glass buildings. Because winning doesn't increase revenue, new architecture brings the people. People love the sight and smell of new buildings. For example, build a new Wawa gas station, its packed for about the first month.

(02-04-2020, 01:43 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: [Image: c-xm02AL.jpg]
Appropriate the Jaguar is yawning with this logo. With the quality of football being presented, many of the fans will be doing the same.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(02-04-2020, 01:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is that Jalen? lol

I was wondering the same thing lol. Sure looks like they just took the 2019 promo shot for that image--and Jalen was front and center for it.

It's really old, they have the old scoreboards and have Alltel on there