Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This sucks. I have been a ST holder from nearly the beginning whether residing home or abroad. Every year the last ten years I battle within as to whether or not to continue to hold onto my seats. This latest news is a smack in the face and shows how short-sighted the organization truly is and really shows Kahn's true intent. And that is to make a dime any way possible. Sadly, this year may be the year I finally let go. In my opinion, the organization did not think this one through...or did they? Damn.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-04-2020, 02:01 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/12...7479715842

This team is 38 - 90 so far under Khan's ownership. The one winning season he was able to give this city in 2017 he was rewarded with the fans showing up in 2018 to the tune of finishing 14th in capacity. 

He's a dirt bag. As someone already cited. Death by a 1,000,000 paper cuts Vs. just getting it over with already. He's cowardly. If he moves this team. The NFL can [BLEEP] itself. I'll never watch another game nor support anything NFL related.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-04-2020, 01:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is that Jalen? lol

I was wondering the same thing lol. Sure looks like they just took the 2019 promo shot for that image--and Jalen was front and center for it.

(02-04-2020, 02:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 02:01 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/12...7479715842

This team is 38 - 90 so far under Khan's ownership. The one winning season he was able to give this city in 2017 he was rewarded with the fans showing up in 2018 to the tune of finishing 14th in capacity. 

He's a dirt bag. As someone already cited. Death by a 1,000,000 paper cuts Vs. just getting it over with already. He's cowardly. If he moves this team. The NFL can [BLEEP] itself. I'll never watch another game nor support anything NFL related.

Dirt bag is such a good verb. Always makes me think of Captain Harris in Police Academy.

Free preparation-H with every season ticket purchase! Ouch.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

But but but Mr Khan is the greatest owner ever!!!

The signs have been there for a while.

It doesn't matter what happens, Shad has decided the city won't let him make as money as his greedy self wants

(02-04-2020, 02:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team is 38 - 90 so far under Khan's ownership. The one winning season he was able to give this city in 2017 he was rewarded with the fans showing up in 2018 to the tune of finishing 14th in capacity. 

He's not a dirt bag, he's just a very good businessman who knows how to play the long game. Even after this, there will still be plenty of fans who buy the [BLEEP] soup he's cooking. But there will be plenty more that don't, and when the team comes calling for a new stadium within the next few years, the city will say, "Why should we build you a stadium when you play 25% of your home games in another country?". To which Khan will say, "I can't recoup my investments in downtown without a new stadium." And then one thing leads to another and Khan moves the team to London. Press F to pay respects.

(02-04-2020, 12:56 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4hG1YkWEM

It seem to an temporary move to have back to back games in London. I get the feeling that the upcoming construction will effect some of the games so Mr. Khan decided to go after the revenue in London vs. losing revenew surrounding the J-Lot.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(02-04-2020, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: The signs have been there for a while.

It doesn't matter what happens, Shad has decided the city won't let him make as money as his greedy self wants
Because you or I would do it differently?

It's a business. It sucks but it's a business.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 02:31 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-04-2020, 02:25 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:56 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4hG1YkWEM

It seem to an temporary move to have back to back games in London. I get the feeling that the upcoming construction will effect some of the games so Mr. Khan decided to go after the revenue in London vs. losing revenew surrounding the J-Lot.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(02-04-2020, 02:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:24 PM)TJBender Wrote: I was wondering the same thing lol. Sure looks like they just took the 2019 promo shot for that image--and Jalen was front and center for it.

(02-04-2020, 02:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team is 38 - 90 so far under Khan's ownership. The one winning season he was able to give this city in 2017 he was rewarded with the fans showing up in 2018 to the tune of finishing 14th in capacity. 

Dirt bag is such a good verb. Always makes me think of Captain Harris in Police Academy.

Verb?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-04-2020, 02:16 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Free preparation-H with every season ticket purchase! Ouch.

More like K-Y...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 02:33 PM by JackCity.)

(02-04-2020, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: The signs have been there for a while.

Because you or I would do it differently?

It's a business. It sucks but it's a business.

Not every NFL owner has chosen Shads route.

Some of them acknowledge they are the custodian of a citys team and that there's more than just profit maximization

"Starting in 2021 the Jaguars will host their Training Camp, home preseason games and any October, November, or December home games (excluding Christmas and New Year's weekends) in London."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm tired of this organization giving us [BLEEP] for a team and sitting on their hands to give this team any chance of success. It's like they intentionally set this team up to fail..

[BLEEP] you, Khan.. [BLEEP] your yacht, your mustache and your bumpers. Take Lot J and shove it up your [BLEEP] too.. It'll probably fit..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

London fans are probably thinking "What have we done to deserve this"

(02-04-2020, 02:51 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: London fans are probably thinking "What have we done to deserve this"

We'll they are giving away free money it seems.  No team within the league, yet they spend booku money to watch the games and buy merch.  What business would turn down that.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Didn't Mahomes say in a post super bowl interview that he loves playing in London? Perhaps this could simply be a recruiting tool to get Mahomes to sign with the Jags in a few years. Also, we know Andy Reid likes cheeseburgers, which are done to perfection in London. Perhaps we're getting a package deal of Reid and Mahomes in 2022.

(02-04-2020, 12:44 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:39 PM)FBT Wrote: Same here, and I've had my seats for decades.

Since the beginning for me.

If that stadium is half full this year I'll be shocked.

The stadium will definitely be half full (of Steelers and Bears fans).

(02-04-2020, 01:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Khan is a moron that got lucky in business. The more I'm exposed to the "upper echelon" of people the more I realize they are dumb used car salesman that got lucky at opportune times.

American football is a novelty, a clown side show for people in London. It's not even a sport to them.

Agreed. Football is an American tradition. I understand business is business.. but all 32 need to be in the continental US.