Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

They absolutely DO understand that winning solves everything. But its easier said than done and a lot of factors play into it other than just throwing money at players and coaches

It involves some luck with schedule, player commitment and mentality, luck with injuries, and can be a very long process

What Khan is doing now is slowly implementing Plan B, where he is laying the foundation for the Jags to eventually move if we continue to get one crappy season/attendance after another

If you read the quotes and listen to the interviews, everything is worded carefully and sounds like its been approved by a bunch of lawyers so the Jags can't reveal anything nor commit to anything regarding the franchise staying in Jax

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not a local fan or STH so I feel for you guys.
But until the actual move is announced I'm going to refrain from freaking out.
I'll be Jacksonville Jaguars fan until they aren't the Jacksonville Jaguars anymore.....

And then... eh, maybe won't watch much NFL at all... or perhaps go back to watching more Bucs (the NFC team I tend to root for)

Sad but, the NFL is a business and it's all about the money for 32 owners. Not just Khan.
Oakland lost the Raiders... St Louis lost the Rams...
Baltimore lost the clots.

Obviously this is a little different scenario but it's the nature of the NFL biz. The owners are free to do with their franchises what they wish. And the consumers (us fans) can try to let our displeasure known with our pocketbooks. But by not supporting the team, not buying tickets, not going to games... Well you just further feed the fire that is London I think.

I've thought and thought about this since I heard on 1010XL.
From will I still support and attend the games I can ......dropped my Season Tickets when other obligations made it very difficult money wise.....
which is at least two sometimes three a year.
To maybe become a Bucks or Dolphins fan .....that sunshade added to the Miami stadium sure is nice.....wish that was what was being "announced".

Seems the leaders of this Team from Khan on down... just don't don't get it.
Makes me pretty sick to my stomach.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If they are moving to a 17+ game regular season by 2021 given the current CBA negotiations, does this really make any difference.

Basically the "extra game" becomes an extra London game?

Let’s say the goal is 2 home/ 2 away games a year in London... With the team staying a full month there. That has to be a significant advantage right?

I also thought that Brexit made the NFL in London less desirable because it harder for other Europeans to get to games and it makes add more regulatory issues of hosting games there.

I'm a bit surprised the NFL and Jaguars are doubling down on London immediately after that went through.

(02-04-2020, 05:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Let’s say the  goal is 2 home/ 2 away games a year in London... With the team staying a full month there. That has to be a significant advantage right?

No it's not

I feel bad for you guys because the writing does seem to be on the wall. I'm from New York so it honestly wouldn't matter if they were the Jacksonville Jaguars, London Jaguars, Omaha Jaguars or Saturn Jaguars, I'd still be a fan. But I'd imagine if I were a local that this would be sad news.

If it is true that these London games will be around Florida-Georgia week, count me as one of the many season ticket holders who will not renew. The pre-season games are exhibitions and provide very little entertainment. The home games in September are miserably hot and not very enjoyable. Why would most people get season tickets now when at least 4 of the 8 home games (counting pre-season) are not positive experiences. Throw in the December home games which have mostly been meaningless for the past 15 years and this decision is a no-brainer. One can still go to individual games during the season at a reasonable price (other than the Steelers game). Whether it is Khan's intention to move this team or not, it is inevitable that this will happen and he will try to justify it based on the dwindling number of season ticket holders.

(02-04-2020, 12:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:51 PM)FBT Wrote: I've used that reference before, and unfortunately, I believe that's probably true.  This team will be the London Jaguars in the next 5 years, and DUUUVAL can go back to being Cowford.
And that's pretty much what would happen. Jacksonville doesn't have the population or the infrastructure to demand a new team the way Cleveland and Houston did, and losing the Jaguars would mean the end of that income stream. Would it doom the city? No, but the city's already in deep [BLEEP] and losing its NFL team sure wouldn't help any.

Then Jacksonville would be in line for a XFL team....

(02-04-2020, 02:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm tired of this organization giving us [BLEEP] for a team and sitting on their hands to give this team any chance of success. It's like they intentionally set this team up to fail..

[BLEEP] you, Khan.. [BLEEP] your yacht, your mustache and your bumpers. Take Lot J and shove it up your [BLEEP] too.. It'll probably fit..

Well Damn! Tell us how you really feel.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Not a rosy outlook from Rick Stroud...

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/122...7859273740

I see it as Khan strengthening all his options. He's building two boats. Whichever is most buoyant, he will sail.

It's going to take teamwork from the fans, the city, and the club to make sure that ship doesn't sail. What's got the city in a bind is, how are you ever going to attract another if you let this one slip?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(02-04-2020, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 05:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Let’s say the  goal is 2 home/ 2 away games a year in London... With the team staying a full month there. That has to be a significant advantage right?

No it's not

How is it not?

(02-04-2020, 06:02 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: No it's not

How is it not?

Versus other teams sure, but other than that there is no benefit

Here are the reasons this won't happen:

1. The rest of the NFL would throw a fit if the Jaguars were allowed to play what amounts to 10 home games.
2. See #1.

I feel that some of our posters are over reacting BUT I have to admit that I'm Luvn some of the name calling and name calling(s).

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 06:41 PM by The Real Marty.)

This must be what it would be like if your wife came to you and said, "In order to strengthen and stabilize our marriage, I'm going to spend 2 nights a week with another guy.  Believe me, I'm doing this for you."

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 06:54 PM by The Real Marty.)

JACKSONVILLE – This is about stability, strength and Jacksonville.

Owner Shad Khan on Tuesday morning announced that the Jaguars have reached an agreement with the NFL office to play all 8 home games at Wembley Stadium in London in 2024, and emphasized multiple points when discussing the decision:

It was made to help keep the Jaguars stable economically.  It was also made to continue to strengthen the Jaguars in Jacksonville.

"The revenue we will make from playing all our home games in London will strengthen the franchise in Jacksonville.  It's all about enhancing our revenue stream in order to keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville."  

Khan then announced that season tickets for the 0 games in Jacksonville will be reduced by 5%.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 07:30 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(02-04-2020, 06:18 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Here are the reasons this won't happen:

1. The rest of the NFL would throw a fit if the Jaguars were allowed to play what amounts to 10 home games.
2. See #1.

They have zero loyalty to the Jags lol. They cheer for whoever goes there. I’m saying this sucks but, I’m pretty sure the plan is a 2 and 2.

One could make an argument the NFL owners wouldn’t allow 4 home games for the Jags in a row because then Con pockets all the revenue.

Yeah I’m out as a fan. I’ve been handcuffed by being on 3rd shift and being nearly 3 hours away also so... This is so clear to me now, more than ever that this Kahn man(pun intended) is moving this team and I hope the UK Baguars fail miserably. Anyone who is believes otherwise now is delusional.

I’ve moved further and further away from the sport in general lately. I think Kahn has killed my love for football, thanks [BLEEP] hole.