Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

(02-09-2020, 01:13 AM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 08:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Some bad takes [tarps] in this segment. But there was some great takes regarding the logistics and imbalances a permanent move would cause. Especially with the CBA, salary cap, etc. 

https://youtu.be/lyFE6s9-WJ4

Pretty good analysis I think.  To summarize - Khan would get full support from the NFL to move a team to London on a full-time basis, and the CBA will include language about London as well.  

If that doesn't make everyone realize that this is going to happen at some point, I don't know what will.

Agreed. It's all about increasing that bottom line. Wasn't aware they had a 2nd stadium over there that's good enough to support another franchise if need be. Having two teams over there would give them a bit of a stronger foothold and create some good banter and a rivalry potentially.

I still think they're going to suffer for this in the long run though. And I still think this will slowly but surely be one of the few things that finally starts to put a crack in their armor. Moving teams across the pond is unacceptable. 

But they'll do it anyway for that bottom line. And as soon as those teams sour with poor product on the football field it'll be an interesting series of events for what comes next. 

I still feel that the CBA will be a major factor. They mentioned teams and players in London having more incentives or having a higher salary cap to work with in order to gain more favorable players, etc. 

That's still going to raise eyebrows and questions regarding competitive advantages for them with the other 31 (eventually 30 if they have their way) teams. The flying back and forth. The idea of being an American your entire life and having your family here only to have to be uprooted and play in London?

What happens when a team from London decides to draft players and those players tell them to [BLEEP] off just for those very same reasons? Some players may not be receptive to this idea. What if a family situation arises or a medical issue arises? Time is valuable. 

It's a lot easier and faster to travel around here at home than it is to fly back and forth across the pond. 

At this point I hope like hell the XFL catches fire and they have enough popularity to expand. The NFL is long overdue for valid competition. I have honestly had just about enough of it. The officiating alone is enough to turn off most fans these days. 

Wasn't really a big fan of this recent Superbowl. Not saying the 49ERS shouldn't have collapsed and lost that game. It happens. But the fact that the Chiefs somehow went an entire game, especially late where Mahomes was buying more and more time in the pocket?

Not a single offensive holding call was made against them? Seriously? This is against arguably one of the most dominate front four's we've seen in recent memory. That entire front four. Even their rotational guys. They were ALL over offenses this past season.

But somehow I am supposed to believe that their offensive line played perfectly against the likes of Bosa? Armstead? Buckner? & Ford? Come on. . . 

The Chiefs were even favored in betting circles to be penalized the most in that Superbowl. But 4 flags for 24 yards? [BLEEP] out of here. . . 

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/ch...e03ec2bta5

The blatant favoritism exists in the NFL. Whether anybody wants to accept it or not. It's there. . .
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
Big news today? - by flgatorsandjags - 02-04-2020, 12:32 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-05-2020, 07:53 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-05-2020, 08:50 AM
RE: Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London - by Caldrac - 02-09-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: Big news today? - by RicoTx - 02-04-2020, 12:33 PM
RE: Big news today? - by JagFanatic24 - 02-08-2020, 01:09 AM
RE: Big news today? - by JagFanFirst - 02-04-2020, 12:35 PM
RE: Big news today? - by flsprtsgod - 02-04-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: Big news today? - by Cleatwood - 02-04-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Big news today? - by EricC85 - 02-04-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Big news today? - by JAGFAN88 - 02-04-2020, 12:38 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-04-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: Big news today? - by knarnn - 02-04-2020, 12:38 PM
RE: Big news today? - by FBT - 02-04-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Big news today? - by jaglyn - 02-04-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Big news today? - by flsprtsgod - 02-04-2020, 12:40 PM