Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need to organize a protest outside TIAA Bank Field.

If someone wanted to organize an event it should be to do something about the less than acceptable season ticket purchase levels, like a season ticket sellathon or something. That is why all this crap is happening. There are 43-45 thousand of us that are buying now and have for years no matter what. That is simply not enough, there needs to be 60-62 thousand. This team has been attempting/struggling to sell 20-25 thousand seats on a weekly basis now for years. It has proven to be that Jax really does not support the team that well. The numbers do not lie.

Don't want to lose games? Sell out the damn stadium on a season basis and you won't have to worry about it.

...and before all the "But they suck, the on field product stinks crap" just realize that win/loss records cannot be a determining factor for support in the NFL. If it is? Your games go to London.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2020, 05:38 PM)Jagwired Wrote: If someone wanted to organize an event it should be to do something about the less than acceptable season ticket purchase levels, like a season ticket sellathon or something. That is why all this crap is happening. There are  43-45 thousand of us that are buying now and have for years no matter what. That is simply not enough, there needs to be 60-62 thousand.  This team has been attempting/struggling to sell 20-25 thousand seats on a weekly basis now for years. It has proven to be that Jax really does not support the team that well. The numbers do not lie.

Don't want to lose games? Sell out the damn stadium on a season basis and you won't have to worry about it.

...and before all the "But they suck, the on field product stinks crap" just realize that win/loss records cannot be a determining factor for support in the NFL. If it is? Your games go to London.

It's the constant losing and nothing happening that is beating fans down. Then the Jags won and we had hope. Now it's back to normal and the owner says everything is good. Do you actually think he fires anyone after this year? Marrone et al still have 1 year left on their deal, so they will all be back the following season.

Do you really want to keep buying tickets to sit and watch that? I don't and won't do it any more. I'm done after 25 years. It's not a money issue, its an entertainment issue. I'll go spend money at several other sporting events throughout the year and watch teams that actually try to win.

I can sit at home and watch the Jags now and change the channel when they are out of the game by halftime.

(02-11-2020, 01:25 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 01:19 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Unfortunately, these responses are the exact reason why we will eventually lose the team. Most people just don't care anymore and it shows in the stadium and the fan pride. Also, it might be laughable to you, but I think the majority of real Jag fans have a need for this team; especially when you grow up watching/rooting for the team and not to mention the financial investment put into the team. It's only stupid to you because you don't care; and if that's the case, why you here? (aimed at Trivial, not hb) I've never understood the fans who "don't care" about the team to go around commenting about it all. Sounds like you do care and are just upset. Being upset is acceptable and valid, but down playing the value the team has to many, many people here and in Jville seems a little immature. If that's how you feel, so be it. But don't call people stupid for loving this team and wanting it to stay. It's not stupid, it's called being a true fan!

When people say stupid stuff like the city of Jacksonville, a city of 1.3 million people, a MAJOR city in the United States NEEDs the Jaguars more than the Jaguars need the city... screw that. The team should never own a city.

We have a million things to do in this city during football season... out of 1.3 million only about 40k of them actually are diehard Jaguars fans... and trying to make the rest of the city join in with that 40k through ultimatums and threats of moving? They will NEVER do that, in fact, you'll make the 1.26 million of them double down on hating your football team.

I'm a Marketing Director and I gotta say the Jacksonville Jaguars have a piss-poor marketing division. It's absolutely atrocious. Their whole pitch is, hey Jacksonville, you're one of 30 cities with a team, just come to the darn games rednecks.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

In fact, since the announcement I've heard several people say they no longer consider the Jaguars their team, they are reverting to the team they followed before November '93 when the announcement came.

It’s gonna be hilarious when you and all these other people you “speak with” are singing the team’s praises when they’re good again. Give me a break.

Unlike other cities, downtown Jacksonville would benefit from protests. At least they'd have some form of population after 7pm.

(02-11-2020, 05:38 PM)Jagwired Wrote: If someone wanted to organize an event it should be to do something about the less than acceptable season ticket purchase levels, like a season ticket sellathon or something. That is why all this crap is happening. There are  43-45 thousand of us that are buying now and have for years no matter what. That is simply not enough, there needs to be 60-62 thousand.  This team has been attempting/struggling to sell 20-25 thousand seats on a weekly basis now for years. It has proven to be that Jax really does not support the team that well. The numbers do not lie.

I agree with this.  It takes both.

Growing a larger base of diehard ticket buying fans (turning those who helped pull the tarps off the playoff game vs Buffalo into regular season ticket holders) plus a winning team is the answer.

It must be both.

Unfortunately, I feel we've come to a saturation point.  There must be an influx of jobs and a rise in population for us to get the numbers where they need to be.  When the diehards are dropping their tickets, you need new buyers to take their place.  Winning can solve "some" of that, but as we're seeing - we don't have a high enough baseline to comfortably survive low tides.

Something must change on both ends of the equation, and for the better.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2020, 12:23 AM)pirkster Wrote:

I agree with this.  It takes both.

Growing a larger base of diehard ticket buying fans (turning those who helped pull the tarps off the playoff game vs Buffalo into regular season ticket holders) plus a winning team is the answer.

It must be both.

Unfortunately, I feel we've come to a saturation point.  There must be an influx of jobs and a rise in population for us to get the numbers where they need to be.  When the diehards are dropping their tickets, you need new buyers to take their place.  Winning can solve "some" of that, but as we're seeing - we don't have a high enough baseline to comfortably survive low tides.

Something must change on both ends of the equation, and for the better.

I'm willing to bet had the 2007 Jaguars (David Garrard vs Goliath Patriots year) success continued and sustained through the 10 years to our next winning season (Bortles and the rise of Sacksonville) that constant sell outs wouldn't be a problem. Now... I don't know if it would have completely eliminated the whole London thing... but if this franchise was good for 10 years instead of once every 10 years I'm willing to bet STHs would be closer to 60k than 40k as a steady number. You'd probably be able to draw more out of town fans also who'd be willing to spend the scratch to travel and come see the team more often and not only when tickets are available for about 30 bucks in December.

Winning won't cure all the revenue issues... but winning would ease the news of things like two London games while Lot J/Shipyards is realized. Fielding a watchable product would cause for a higher demand over a longer sustainable time, instead of in spurts after one good season where it quickly declines after sucking again.