Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance Jags DON'T franchise Yannick?

Josh Allen may be a guy you give elite money to down the road. Ramsey had the talent to be that guy for us but didn't want to be here anymore. Yan is a guy you want on your team and is a near pro bowl caliber pass rusher, not elite. Would like to have all 3. May end up with one or none. :-(
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 08:17 AM by TearExtractor.)

(03-12-2020, 10:12 PM)uthill Wrote: 8 sacks is not elite. If that is then Josh Allen is Super Elite.
Stupid people use sacks as the SOLE number to tell if a DE is good or not. The same stupid argument as trying to say if a CB is good or not based solely on INT's. Good cb's might not get ANY int's because their guy is simply always covered and never thrown to.(aka the best CB play you could possibly ask for)

0 sacks and constant pressure nearly every play on the QB forcing him to hurry and do something stupid > 10 sacks a year with no other pressure of any kind outside of those 10 plays.

Which make believe guy do you want on your team?

(03-12-2020, 04:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I've been wanting them to transition tag him for a while. Makes the most sense. He can see that he won't get what he expects, maybe find out we actually offered him above market value, and rebuild a little of that respect level.

Dude burned his bridge. I don't even care if it's a cheap, affordable deal. If he don't want to be here, I don't match, buuuuuuuuuuuut I might drag my feet making the decision.

let him be disgruntled, underpaid or overpaid, somewhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8w4pbAkkGc&t=755s

Pretty funny how Yan is better than Fowler and yet the Patriots gave way more attention to Fowler, putting 2 guys on him multiple times, and still Fowler got his 2 sacks, Yan couldn't even make a tackle lol.
Sure Yan put pressure on one of the sacks by Fowler but he was never gonna sack Brady on that play, Fowler got rid of his guy (after being double teamed) and tackled Brady.
Also Jack could have been ejected after that slap on the Patriots RB after the TD.
Gipson was awful on the Amendola TD.

(03-13-2020, 09:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8w4pbAkkGc&t=755s

Pretty funny how Yan is better than Fowler and yet the Patriots gave way more attention to Fowler, putting 2 guys on him multiple times, and still Fowler got his 2 sacks, Yan couldn't even make a tackle lol.
Sure Yan put pressure on one of the sacks by Fowler but he was never gonna sack Brady on that play, Fowler got rid of his guy (after being double teamed) and tackled Brady.
Also Jack could have been ejected after that slap on the Patriots RB after the TD.
Wallbash
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-13-2020, 09:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8w4pbAkkGc&t=755s

Find another hobby.

(03-13-2020, 02:38 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Find another hobby.

Laughing

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1238...21665?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 04:39 PM by KABD.)

The bright side is it's going to be a fun draft because they'll be absolutely stacked in draft capital after they trade Yan, Campbell, Norwell and Linder

(03-13-2020, 04:38 PM)KABD Wrote: The bright side is it's going to be a fun draft because they'll be absolutely stacked in draft capital after they trade Yan, Campbell, Norwell and Linder

[Image: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 05:24 PM by KABD.)

(03-13-2020, 05:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 04:38 PM)KABD Wrote: The bright side is it's going to be a fun draft because they'll be absolutely stacked in draft capital after they trade Yan, Campbell, Norwell and Linder

[Image: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg]

You think they're going to want to keep two guys approaching 30 and a 34 year old with high salaries during a rebuild?

Linder has a good contract and that'll make his trade value pretty decent.

I dont see Linder going anywhere.  He is our best lineman and has been since he was drafted and he has a 8 mil cap hit and is good at G and C.  That would be an idiotic move imo especially as how bad our oline already is.  Cutting our best olineman wouldnt be a smart move

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 05:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-13-2020, 04:29 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1238...21665?s=21

Gonna be a fun offseason, ready to see some cuts now. The offers for Yan will now start rolling in

(03-13-2020, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I dont see Linder going anywhere.  He is our best lineman and has been since he was drafted and he has a 8 mil cap hit and is good at G and C.  That would be an idiotic move imo especially as how bad our oline already is.  Cutting our best olineman wouldnt be a smart move

I agree. I thought his contract was too big since he is never been great but he is still young and out best O-lineman, why would we trade him? unless a team offers 2 firsts no way we trade him, we need a better O-line, not worse.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 06:09 PM by KABD.)

(03-13-2020, 05:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont see Linder going anywhere.  He is our best lineman and has been since he was drafted and he has a 8 mil cap hit and is good at G and C.  That would be an idiotic move imo especially as how bad our oline already is.  Cutting our best olineman wouldnt be a smart move

I agree. I thought his contract was too big since he is never been great but he is still young and out best O-lineman, why would we trade him? unless a team offers 2 firsts no way we trade him, we need a better O-line, not worse.

Two firsts?  You wouldn't take one?  You can't call him young since he's near 30 years old and will be in his early 30's by the time the Jags are competing again, if they're lucky.

If a team offers a 2nd or early 3rd I'd trade him, especially considering this draft is really deep with OL talent.

(03-13-2020, 06:07 PM)KABD Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I agree. I thought his contract was too big since he is never been great but he is still young and out best O-lineman, why would we trade him? unless a team offers 2 firsts no way we trade him, we need a better O-line, not worse.

Two firsts?  You wouldn't take one?  You can't call him young since he's near 30 years old and will be in his early 30's by the time the Jags are competing again, if they're lucky.

If a team offers a 2nd or early 3rd I'd trade him, especially considering this draft is really deep with OL talent.

No one is gonna offer 2 firsts, not even one. If some team offered one (it would be a low one obviously) ... I dunno, we could draft a bust so... I'd probably keep Linder.

(03-13-2020, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 04:29 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1238...21665?s=21

Gonna be a fun offseason, ready to see some cuts now.  The offers for Yan will now start rolling in

I vote for a straight swap of Yan for the 49ers' Erik Armstead, who could be paid $20M/year like Yan AND allow us to trade Calais because he's a younger Campbell clone. The Jaguars ends would be Allen, Armstead, Smoot, and pass-rush/tweener draft pick to spell Allen. Not too shabby.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-13-2020, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Gonna be a fun offseason, ready to see some cuts now.  The offers for Yan will now start rolling in

Jags trade Yannick to Raiders for pick 19 and 91. They keep Campbell, Norwell and Linder.

Free agents: Nick Kwiatkoski, Demarious Randall and Michael Pierce

Trade a 4th rounder for Hayden Hurst.

Draft choices:

Rd. 1 (9):  Jeff Okudah

Rd. 1 (19): A.J. Espinesa

Rd. 1 (20) Justin Jefferson

Rd. 2 (42) Prince Tega Wanogho

Rd. 3 (72) Shane Lemieux

Rd. 4        Zach Moss

(03-13-2020, 10:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gonna be a fun offseason, ready to see some cuts now.  The offers for Yan will now start rolling in

Jags trade Yannick to Raiders for pick 19 and 91. They keep Campbell, Norwell and Linder.

Draft choices:

Rd. 3 (72) Shane Lemieux

Rd. 4        Zach Moss

[Image: 90yZESB.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 09:31 AM by Caldrac.)

(03-13-2020, 10:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gonna be a fun offseason, ready to see some cuts now.  The offers for Yan will now start rolling in

Draft choices:

Rd. 3 (72) Shane Lemieux

Rd. 4        Zach Moss

This would be ideal for me. I do agree with you on keeping Campbell, Linder & Norwell. Pick-up wise in free agency I agree as well on Kwiatkosi and I would add some other one year "prove it" deals to Rhodes at CB & Glenn at LT. 

I would like to see this trade scenario though instead:

Ngakoue and the 9th overall pick to the Giants for pick's 4 & 36 in this year's draft. 

Draft Choices:

Rd. 1 (4) - Isaiah Simmons - OLB - Clemson
- Freak athlete. Gives you versatility to play close to the LOS or rover in the secondary. Need another splash athlete on this defense and he's the one to fill that need.

Rd. 1 (20) - Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
- Big time playmaker for the Tigers and Burrow's go-to all year. Would be an excellent compliment to Chark Jr. and give Minshew some more flexibility. Excellent slot receiver.

Rd. 2 (36) - A.J Terrell - CB - Clemson
- Solid pick here. I think either he or Kristian Fulton out of LSU will slip to us here. We need all the help we can get now with Ramsey and Bouye gone.

Rd. 2 (42) - Antoine Winfield Jr. - S - Minnesota
- Awesome bloodline. Ballhawk last year with 7 picks. His height doesn't concern me too much as his performance at the combine matches what you see in highlights.

Rd. 3 (73) - Adam Trautman - TE - Dayton
- Outstanding receiver at the position. Would be a good move TE in Gruden's scheme. Gives O'Shaughnessy and Oliver some much needed competition this summer and more depth.

Rd. 4 (122) - Ezra Cleveland - LT - Boise St. 
- Quality pick up here. The value on defense and at the skill positions earlier made it difficult to take one of the top LT's in the draft. If Robinson is 100% and they maybe add a veteran like Cordy Glenn this is a decent move. Seems to stay healthy. Seems to have a well rounded game. Could be a developmental guy with quality depth to start potentially.

Rd. 5 (160) - Joe Bachie - ILB - Michigan St. 
- Good lockeroom guy. Captain. No injury history so to speak. Pretty well rounded player to pick-up this late and we need the depth and help in the LB ranks. If we pick-up that kid from Chicago and Bachie we could be a whole lot better this summer.

Rd. 6 (193) - Anthony McFarland Jr. - RB - Maryland
- Nice change of pace back to pick-up late. Could be the Chris Thompson type of back that Gruden likes to see in his offense for us.

Rd. 6 (197) - Robert Windsor - DT - Penn St.
- Had a good campaign in 2018, kept his momentum up in 2019 but didn't rack up a whole lot on the stat sheet. Still a solid pick this late. Reminds me of New Orleans Trey Hendrickson.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."