Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance Jags DON'T franchise Yannick?

(03-13-2020, 05:22 PM)KABD Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg]

You think they're going to want to keep two guys approaching 30 and a 34 year old with high salaries during a rebuild?

Linder has a good contract and that'll make his trade value pretty decent.

*In Schwarzenegger voice*

it’s not a rebuild

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2020, 10:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:22 PM)KABD Wrote: You think they're going to want to keep two guys approaching 30 and a 34 year old with high salaries during a rebuild?

Linder has a good contract and that'll make his trade value pretty decent.

*In Schwarzenegger voice*

it’s not a rebuild
Except it should be.

(03-13-2020, 10:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gonna be a fun offseason, ready to see some cuts now.  The offers for Yan will now start rolling in

Jags trade Yannick to Raiders for pick 19 and 91. They keep Campbell, Norwell and Linder.

Free agents: Nick Kwiatkoski, Demarious Randall and Michael Pierce

Trade a 4th rounder for Hayden Hurst.

Draft choices:

Rd. 1 (9):  Jeff Okudah

Rd. 1 (19): A.J. Espinesa

Rd. 1 (20) Justin Jefferson

Rd. 2 (42) Prince Tega Wanogho

Rd. 3 (72) Shane Lemieux

Rd. 4        Zach Moss
I appreciate your comments, especially since you are usually "spot on" with your posts. Your scenerio would be equally good for the Jags. Simmons could turn out to be the best player from this class when we evaluate it in 5 years. I also love Winfield and Trautman and your late round picks all have a very good chance of contributing right away. As a Penn State graduate, I have seen a lot of Windsor; he would eventually become a solid rotational guy who would be used mostly on passing downs due to his weakness at stopping the run. Picking up a veteran tackle like Glenn for a reasonable price makes a lot of sense. Although the comments of Caldwell and Marrone regarding the offensive line may be a smokescreen, the team definitely needs another tackle who can step in considering Robinson's difficulties staying healthy. 

Finally, I'm glad you agree about keeping Campbell, Norwell and Linder. Even though nobody with any common sense believes the Jags will make the playoffs next year, they still need to have a team that's not a total laughing stock week after week. Getting rid of all 3 of those guys would likely make that happen. Getting Trevor Lawrence would be great, but it's not fair to the fans when the "powers that be" basically decide to tank for a season with the hope of getting the top draft pick. As a 25 year season ticket holder, I would resent such a decision.

Which team is giving up 2 1st? Has he asked for the original offer yet.

(03-14-2020, 09:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 10:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Jags trade Yannick to Raiders for pick 19 and 91. They keep Campbell, Norwell and Linder.

Free agents: Nick Kwiatkoski, Demarious Randall and Michael Pierce

Trade a 4th rounder for Hayden Hurst.

Draft choices:

Rd. 1 (9):  Jeff Okudah

Rd. 1 (19): A.J. Espinesa

Rd. 1 (20) Justin Jefferson

Rd. 2 (42) Prince Tega Wanogho

Rd. 3 (72) Shane Lemieux

Rd. 4        Zach Moss

This would be ideal for me. I do agree with you on keeping Campbell, Linder & Norwell. Pick-up wise in free agency I agree as well on Kwiatkosi and I would add some other one year "prove it" deals to Rhodes at CB & Glenn at LT. 

I would like to see this trade scenario though instead:

Ngakoue and the 9th overall pick to the Giants for pick's 4 & 36 in this year's draft. 

Draft Choices:

Rd. 1 (4) - Isaiah Simmons - OLB - Clemson
- Freak athlete. Gives you versatility to play close to the LOS or rover in the secondary. Need another splash athlete on this defense and he's the one to fill that need.

Rd. 1 (20) - Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
- Big time playmaker for the Tigers and Burrow's go-to all year. Would be an excellent compliment to Chark Jr. and give Minshew some more flexibility. Excellent slot receiver.

Rd. 2 (36) - A.J Terrell - CB - Clemson
- Solid pick here. I think either he or Kristian Fulton out of LSU will slip to us here. We need all the help we can get now with Ramsey and Bouye gone.

Rd. 2 (42) - Antoine Winfield Jr. - S - Minnesota
- Awesome bloodline. Ballhawk last year with 7 picks. His height doesn't concern me too much as his performance at the combine matches what you see in highlights.

Rd. 3 (73) - Adam Trautman - TE - Dayton
- Outstanding receiver at the position. Would be a good move TE in Gruden's scheme. Gives O'Shaughnessy and Oliver some much needed competition this summer and more depth.

Rd. 4 (122) - Ezra Cleveland - LT - Boise St. 
- Quality pick up here. The value on defense and at the skill positions earlier made it difficult to take one of the top LT's in the draft. If Robinson is 100% and they maybe add a veteran like Cordy Glenn this is a decent move. Seems to stay healthy. Seems to have a well rounded game. Could be a developmental guy with quality depth to start potentially.

Rd. 5 (160) - Joe Bachie - ILB - Michigan St. 
- Good lockeroom guy. Captain. No injury history so to speak. Pretty well rounded player to pick-up this late and we need the depth and help in the LB ranks. If we pick-up that kid from Chicago and Bachie we could be a whole lot better this summer.

Rd. 6 (193) - Anthony McFarland Jr. - RB - Maryland
- Nice change of pace back to pick-up late. Could be the Chris Thompson type of back that Gruden likes to see in his offense for us.

Rd. 6 (197) - Robert Windsor - DT - Penn St.
- Had a good campaign in 2018, kept his momentum up in 2019 but didn't rack up a whole lot on the stat sheet. Still a solid pick this late. Reminds me of New Orleans Trey Hendrickson.

Caldrac, my recent post was intended for you. Flggatorsandjags, I also enjoy your posts.

Kind of funny Yan hasnt tweeted anything as of late

(03-15-2020, 08:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kind of funny Yan hasnt tweeted anything as of late

The chip on his shoulder has his cell phone pinned down.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-15-2020, 08:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kind of funny Yan hasnt tweeted anything as of late

Wishful thinking that he has come around and will agree to a contract somewhere between what he was demanding and the Jags highest recent offer. More likely, he doesn't want to tick them off anymore so they trade him.

(03-15-2020, 10:16 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Wishful thinking that he has come around and will agree to a contract somewhere between what he was demanding and the Jags highest recent offer. More likely, he doesn't want to tick them off anymore so they trade him.

Maybe somewhere around the middle: agree to a more moderate deal (17-19 mil a year)....and we trade him.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

All of the leverage is in the Jaguars' hands right now.  If a team makes an offer on him the Jaguars have the right to match it.  If it's too high (ie., he's being overpaid) they can let him go and receive two 1st round picks from the team that signs him.  I would be shocked if a team chose to throw "over-paid" money to him while giving up two first round picks.

His only other option is to either negotiate a deal or sign the tag and be a Jaguar for at least one more season.  I suppose his other option is to not sign and sit out, but that's going to hurt him more than the team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Arik Armstead signed a 5 year, $85,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including an average annual salary of $17,000,000. In 2020, Armstead will earn, while carrying a cap hit of

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisc...ead-16741/

Dude just had 10 sacks and is pretty good vs the run

He got his cell back...

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...37507?s=19

Maybe he’s getting married?

Maybe they'll just work this out.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(03-16-2020, 06:45 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Maybe they'll just work this out.
Keeping Yan would make a lot more sense now that the Jags have jettisoned Campbell.  

However, my guess would be this is a complete rebuild and they trade Yan for picks.  Just give up on the 2020 season and use it to see if Minshew is worth building around or not.  

Once again, the season is over before it even begins.

If they can get multiple high picks for him, trade him. PLEASE
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(03-16-2020, 05:25 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: He got his cell back...

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...37507?s=19

Somebody asked him if that was his new butt plug  Laughing

I’d hope if the Jaguars get a 1st round draft pick, I hope it’s for the 2021 Draft. We already have a ton of picks in the 2020 Draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 05:53 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-17-2020, 05:05 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’d hope if the Jaguars get a 1st round draft pick, I hope it’s for the 2021 Draft. We already have a ton of picks in the 2020 Draft.

Most people value a first round pick in the next year's draft the same as a second round pick in the current year's draft.  That's the normal valuation, from what I can recall.  

I'm happy with a pick near the top of the 2nd round.

(03-16-2020, 07:18 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 06:45 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Maybe they'll just work this out.
Keeping Yan would make a lot more sense now that the Jags have jettisoned Campbell.  

However, my guess would be this is a complete rebuild and they trade Yan for picks.  Just give up on the 2020 season and use it to see if Minshew is worth building around or not.  

Once again, the season is over before it even begins.

I don't see why we wouldn't keep him in a rebuild.  He's a young player.

(03-17-2020, 05:05 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’d hope if the Jaguars get a 1st round draft pick, I hope it’s for the 2021 Draft. We already have a ton of picks in the 2020 Draft.

Agreed.

Go all in for the 2021 draft and bring in Trevor the Truth along with other talented draft prospects with the heavy draft capital.