Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Good Luck Jag Fans. I have officially switched teams.

Trust me, I tried this after being a fan since 1995... I wanted a team that was near me (Bengals)... While you might find that you really like this new team I don't believe you will ever achieve the true love of your love of the Jaguars. Memories start to haunt you and make you realize that you really do love the Jaguars and want them to play best. I switch for selfish reasons (sick of the draft picks by GENEious Smith)... That was a mistake. I was truly a Jaguar and invested way too much in our team... including many times cheering so hard for our guys. I guess, instead of all that word soup, just be SURE this is what you want to do. I thought I did when I did it... I truly didn't.. I live in Kentucky and have attended more Jaguars games than the "local" team I began supporting. You love a team for a reason.. Some time that reason is very hard to understand. I wish you well. and GO JAGUARS!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2020, 05:00 AM)JaguarWC Wrote: Trust me, I tried this after being a fan since 1995... I wanted a team that was near me (Bengals)... While you might find that you really like this new team I don't believe you will ever achieve the true love of your love of the Jaguars.  Memories start to haunt you and make you realize that you really do love the Jaguars and want them to play best.  I switch for selfish reasons (sick of the draft picks by GENEious Smith)... That was a mistake. I was truly a Jaguar and invested way too much in our team... including many times cheering so hard for our guys.  I guess, instead of all that word soup, just be SURE this is what you want to do.  I thought I did when I did it... I truly didn't.. I live in Kentucky and have attended more Jaguars games than the "local" team I began supporting.  You love a team for a reason.. Some time that reason is very hard to understand.  I wish you well. and GO JAGUARS!!!

Good post.  

I'm just too stupid to switch teams.  Jaguars are like crack.

Lol.. its funny cause me being from NY, I have plenty times felt like just switching over to the Jets or Giants, don't know if I can do it for real tho lol. But I do understand your frustration. Its like if the owners and organization is showing you that they do no care about winning, its kind of pointless to fan for a team that always loses and when they do start winning, they make every stupid decision possible to make sure they go back to losing.

That's why I really question what needs to be done. Like fans should really boycott and make the owner lose money if they continue to put out a poor product but instead trying to make a change, the other fans will call you a crybaby or fairweather fan and scream DTWD and just accept being disappointed every season. I guess fans really have no power at all, just enjoy watching games and the experience of live games and discussing high draft picks every year

<----Look under my Username
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(03-20-2020, 05:00 AM)JaguarWC Wrote: Trust me, I tried this after being a fan since 1995... I wanted a team that was near me (Bengals)... While you might find that you really like this new team I don't believe you will ever achieve the true love of your love of the Jaguars.  Memories start to haunt you and make you realize that you really do love the Jaguars and want them to play best.  I switch for selfish reasons (sick of the draft picks by GENEious Smith)... That was a mistake. I was truly a Jaguar and invested way too much in our team... including many times cheering so hard for our guys.  I guess, instead of all that word soup, just be SURE this is what you want to do.  I thought I did when I did it... I truly didn't.. I live in Kentucky and have attended more Jaguars games than the "local" team I began supporting.  You love a team for a reason.. Some time that reason is very hard to understand.  I wish you well. and GO JAGUARS!!!

I feel ya.

Being a fan is an intangible thing, completely separate from logic and reason.

I am British, I now live and work in Mexico. I have never lived in Jax in my life. I do have family there though, and I remember being at the landing Christmas 1996 and everyone celebrating after a jags game. I was 12 and had no idea what was going on, but that kind of thing sticks with you I guess. I didn't really become a fan until 2001 when I really started following the sport, and all subsequent trips to Jax I made sure we went to games. 

There is almost nothing that could stop me being a fan... With the obvious one exception being if they moved the team (which I guess is true for most of us). But even that isn't logical, considering I'm not from there, I don't live there, and I obviously I can't go to games much at all. But I would still feel like it was a betrayal.

Once a Jags, always a Jag.

If I didn't leave after Gene Smith and after Bradley....

I'll try real hard when they move to London.

(03-20-2020, 10:26 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: If I didn't leave after Gene Smith and after Bradley....

I'll try real hard when they move to London.

Yeah when they move to London I have no idea how I’ll feel. Will the name be different? London Tea Cups? London FishnChip? Surely Jaguars doesn’t fit whatsoever. You know completely different uniforms and different team colors are a for sure. I don’t live in Jacksonville, so the distance won’t bother me. Just depends on how many changes they make. It just might feel so awkward and different.

(03-19-2020, 08:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: felicia.jpg]

Haha. This is great.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

See ya