Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Good Luck Jag Fans. I have officially switched teams.

The title of this thread makes me laugh.

How bad of an owner and franchise do you need to be to make a lifelong fan quit your team. Quite the accomplishment if you ask me!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2020, 11:23 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Haaa, wow I called this to some buddies in a chat group... "Can't wait to see how many people suddenly become Bucs fans".

Way to put yourself into the same category with the worst type of sports fans possible.

What's funny is there's usually more NE jerseys in any central Florida sports bar (despite my name I've lived in Orlando for a decade now) than there is any of the FL teams. I always go out of my way to ask those people how they became NE fans lol... The answers usually sound like complete bull to cover up their bandwagoning.

Now I will basically guarantee there'll suddenly be more Bucs jerseys in every bar here this year.

Such a joke group of people that do that. I've never understood it.

What's worse is these bandwagoners will be jumping for a single year or two... and really the Bucs aren't guaranteed a SB berth simply by adding Tom Turrific.
I mean Hell, we'll actually get the answer to whether he was a system QB all these years.
The Bucs OL isn't great, so we'll see if he can survive behind them.
Their D isn't nearly as good as the Pats was last year.
Run game is probably a wash (maybe Pats had better RB as a group)

I can always tell bandwagoners by the jerseys they wear. Any Pats fans have Terry Glenn or Curtis Martin jerseys? Bruce Armstrong? Or Hell, even Lawyer Milloy?
Any Bucs fan with a Brady jersey will be an easy mark.
Just like Saints fans here in NWFL.... never saw any Aaron Brooks jerseys, Duece or Joe Horn... and then....Brees and Bush fans everywhere....

(03-19-2020, 11:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The title of this thread makes me laugh.

How bad of an owner and franchise do you need to be to make a lifelong fan quit your team. Quite the accomplishment if you ask me!

More like how [BLEEP] of a fan do you have to be.

But hey, whatever makes you happy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-19-2020, 11:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The title of this thread makes me laugh.

Sometimes I wish more posters would quit.

Still baffling to me how much hate Khan receives after sports fans deal with owners like Snyder, Haslam and the late Al Davis... My GF is a Skins fan... she hates Snyder and would never become a Ravens fan because Snyder keeps screwing up. She just [BLEEP] and then goes back to being a fan...

But hey... quitting is cool I guess. Flip, flop, waffle, try to find some quick fix to get your sports enjoyment. Whatever.
I think it's great that the guy is thinking of perhaps following the Phins... like that's much better. (We all know he's going to bandwagon to the Bucs)
And when the Bucs go 8-8 with Tom Brady, then what? Come back with a new screen name?  Rolleyes

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-18-2020, 07:09 PM)old_man Wrote: I have been a Jag fan since 1997 when I moved to Jax for about 3 years.

After the current owner Khan has totally flipped this organization on its head over the last several years,  I have decided to follow other Florida teams.  (Still deciding Tampa or Miami)

I will return if and when Khan ever sells the team and it stays in Jax.  I will not support this organization until it is in the hands of another owner.

I still remember the great teams and players that have been part of a once great organization.

I will still keep up on the players including Shew and others,  but not the organization.

Have a great 2020 season!

Old Man  (originally JagmanD)

Stay !!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76118f3dcbc304d58e47b3...=giphy.gif]

Buuuwhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!

[Image: 200.webp?cid=790b7611ecacaa3bb4ae3c10a11...d=200.webp]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

OLD MAN AND RONSTER ARE BEST BUDS!

(03-19-2020, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: OLD MAN AND RONSTER ARE BEST BUDS!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76110865c1754804ab5db2...=giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-19-2020, 11:38 AM)Kane Wrote:

Still baffling to me how much hate Khan receives after sports fans deal with owners like Snyder, Haslam and the late Al Davis... My GF is a Skins fan... she hates Snyder and would never become a Ravens fan because Snyder keeps screwing up. She just [BLEEP] and then goes back to being a fan...

But hey... quitting is cool I guess. Flip, flop, waffle, try to find some quick fix to get your sports enjoyment. Whatever.
I think it's great that the guy is thinking of perhaps following the Phins... like that's much better. (We all know he's going to bandwagon to the Bucs)
And when the Bucs go 8-8 with Tom Brady, then what? Come back with a new screen name?  Rolleyes

I spoke to one of my friends who is a Bucs fan when the Brady to Bucs came out.

Obviously its Brady so wasnt disappointed but he wanted Winston. Said theyve never given him a good team, now they have one they give it to Brady.

Go figure.

[Image: well-bye-gif-5.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(03-19-2020, 01:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 11:38 AM)Kane Wrote: Sometimes I wish more posters would quit.

I spoke to one of my friends who is a Bucs fan when the Brady to Bucs came out.

Obviously its Brady so wasnt disappointed but he wanted Winston. Said theyve never given him a good team, now they have one they give it to Brady.

Go figure.

Yeah Winston had a good team last year. He just turned the ball over so much they had no chance to win.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Two words: Art Modell.

(03-19-2020, 11:38 AM)Kane Wrote:

Then again, I am not sure how much praise Khan really deserves. He has already taken away 2 home games with more to come shortly. I don't think people "hate" Khan, but he isn't a good owner (from a fans perspective). 

People loved Weaver mostly based on his loyalty to the city of Jacksonville and would turn a blind eye to how terrible his franchise was simply to have the privilege to say we have a professional football team in Jacksonville. 

Shad Khan has a terrible franchise AND no loyalty to Jacksonville.

(03-19-2020, 03:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 11:38 AM)Kane Wrote: Sometimes I wish more posters would quit.

Then again, I am not sure how much praise Khan really deserves. He has already taken away 2 home games with more to come shortly. I don't think people "hate" Khan, but he isn't a good owner (from a fans perspective). 

People loved Weaver mostly based on his loyalty to the city of Jacksonville and would turn a blind eye to how terrible his franchise was simply to have the privilege to say we have a professional football team in Jacksonville. 

Do you know when? I'm still deciding on renewing and this will help.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-19-2020, 03:40 PM)PF* Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 03:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Then again, I am not sure how much praise Khan really deserves. He has already taken away 2 home games with more to come shortly. I don't think people "hate" Khan, but he isn't a good owner (from a fans perspective). 

Do you know when? I'm still deciding on renewing and this will help.

My guess is within 3 years. It won't go from 2 to 3, it will go from 2 to 4.  He is going to push the limits of London while keeping a toe in the Jacksonville pool so he can be welcomed back with open arms once people realize the Brits don't care about American football.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 07:27 PM by scottyg.)

(03-19-2020, 02:15 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Old Man or attention craved little girl?

Why does it always have to be “girl” as an insult?? You don’t see any of the ladies on here acting like this.

What ladies?  They all bailed on this team a long time ago.  You're just weird.

I chuckled when I saw the title...

You can tell who the snowflakes are.

(03-19-2020, 07:25 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 02:15 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why does it always have to be “girl” as an insult?? You don’t see any of the ladies on here acting like this.

What ladies?  They all bailed on this team a long time ago.  You're just weird.

I chuckled when I saw the title...

Actually it's probably more accurate to say the ladies pretty much had enough sense to stay off this website to begin with.

Thanks for being weird, Bun...  This place wouldn't be the same without you.

[Image: felicia.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato