Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Team needs

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 10:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

A few people have already said on here if we take Brown at 9 they dont want Kinlaw at 20 becausewe have bigger needs. But I do because he will be BPA imo

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2020, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Dude we gotta put Safety up there somewhere. We got to.

I wouldn’t say TE is a top 3 need when we have Oliver who has the talent to be a top flight receiver.

Does he?  He has potential but Oliver hasnt proven anything.  There is a number of TEs i like in this years draft that I would take over Oliver last year.  I really hope we get one of Bryant, Kmet, and Okwuegbunam.  Jarrod Wilson has shown more than Oliver

He is a jag, that's enough for some people here.

(03-19-2020, 09:47 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: 1. Owner
2. General Manager
3. Head Coach
4. Defensive Coordinator
5. OL, DT, WR, TE, CB, or S

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-19-2020, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Dude we gotta put Safety up there somewhere. We got to.

I wouldn’t say TE is a top 3 need when we have Oliver who has the talent to be a top flight receiver.

Does he?  He has potential but Oliver hasnt proven anything.  There is a number of TEs i like in this years draft that I would take over Oliver last year.  I really hope we get one of Bryant, Kmet, and Okwuegbunam.  Jarrod Wilson has shown more than Oliver

He is enough that TE isn’t #3 on the needs list.

(03-19-2020, 10:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A few people have already said on here if we take Brown at 9 they dont want Kinlaw at 20 becausewe have bigger needs.  But I do because he will be BPA imo

I like the kid outta Clemson at 20 if we take Brown at 9.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 06:02 AM by The Real Marty.)

As of this moment, in my opinion, here are our team needs in order of importance:

1) DT   We need to stop the run.  That requires some beef in the defensive line. 
2) TE   Most teams have multiple TEs.  We have one maybe (Oliver).  Our offense will be crippled without one or more decent TEs.  
3) CB   Obviously, after losing both starters from this time a year ago. 
4) OL   The most important part of an offense; the engine of the offense.  
5) FS    We could make a major improvement there.

(03-19-2020, 10:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A few people have already said on here if we take Brown at 9 they dont want Kinlaw at 20 becausewe have bigger needs.  But I do because he will be BPA imo

Brown
Kinlaw
Taven
Josh
Smoot
Abry

If only Yannick was OK to come back, it would be a very nice front 4.

NT
LT
CB

Desperately need a big ugly run stuffer in the middle I like taven’s ability to penetrate at 3tech and I think he’s gonna make a nice jump this year with more play time. Also smoot and Gunter can kick inside on pass downs and offer some good rush. Really interested to see smoot this year with allot of playing time he’s played well in limited action the bulk he added was great for him very powerful guy now. If we can get one of the top LTs in this draft we can solidify the entire oline to me by kicking cam inside to RG. He would make a great G to me his problem is speed off the edge but he’s a nasty run blocker with a mean streak. So Wirfs/Thomas/becton/Wills-Norwell-Linder-cam-taylor to me would be a great oline with solid depth in Richardson cann shatley

My top 5:

DT
CB
OG
TE
QB

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 08:47 AM by Caldrac.)

We need play makers on defense, better blocking on offense in both aspects of the game along with a gamebreaker at any of the receiving type skill positions.

Don't care if that's at LB, DE, DT, CB, S or OT, OG, C, WR, RB or TE. This team is in full on rebuild mode now with 12 picks and plenty of holes to fill.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-20-2020, 08:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We need play makers on defense, better blocking on offense in both aspects of the game along with a gamebreaker at any of the receiving type skill positions.

Don't care if that's at LB, DE, DT, CB, S or OT, OG, C, WR, RB or TE. This team is in full on rebuild mode now with 12 picks and plenty of holes to fill.
Yes I agree we just need to add playmakers as many as possible. That’s what Dave did before and how we ended up with one of the best defenses of all time. I like the core of defensive playmakers we have right now with jack at will, scho, Allen, and Harrison but we need more taven has the ability to be a playmaker with his explosive ability to penetrate just have to turn the corner. With yan likely gone we need another explosive edge guy or another explosive inside guy on an Aaron Donald type level, brown could be that type.

(03-19-2020, 10:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

You aren't being clear at all.  I didn't name specific players or rounds. I damn sure didn't say [BLEEP] about Sean [BLEEP] Tayloe. LOL 
I'm saying if ANY of those first five picks involve selecting redundant players at those spots, you're cool with it because they are the highest graded guys, right? 

Also - nice edit and backpedal in your earlier post. Posting out of both sides of your mouth. 

If there's a box safety at pick 73 that's better than the RG you've got your eye on there, you better draft that safety, right?

Why are you being such a jerk NYC? You're usually not like that.

I consider myself a BAP drafter, but it's not etched in stone. If the drop off in quality from BAP to a "need" player is large (think Roethlisberger vs. Reggie Williams) then you try to get a good trade value for the slot and player. If you can't get what you think is a fair trade you take the best player, need or not. But if the difference is marginal then go ahead and pick the position you need over the slightly higher rated "box safety."

Personally I consider box safeties a dime a dozen, but that's neither here nor there.
Sorry. 

Just trying to point out some blatant hypocrisy, but the poster has backpedaled miles from his original stance. 

I’ll let it go. 

We need: 

CB1 
NT
LT
RG
WR 
TE
FS
c.o.p. RB

you could re-order those a number of ways and it would still make sense and if Yan is traded or sits, add DE

(03-19-2020, 09:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

You aren't being clear at all.  I didn't name specific players or rounds. I damn sure didn't say [BLEEP] about Sean [BLEEP] Tayloe. LOL 
I'm saying if ANY of those first five picks involve selecting redundant players at those spots, you're cool with it because they are the highest graded guys, right? 

Also - nice edit and backpedal in your earlier post. Posting out of both sides of your mouth. 

If there's a box safety at pick 73 that's better than the RG you've got your eye on there, you better draft that safety, right?

Why are you being such a jerk NYC?
You're usually not like that.

I consider myself a BAP drafter, but it's not etched in stone. If the drop off in quality from BAP to a "need" player is large (think Roethlisberger vs. Reggie Williams) then you try to get a good trade value for the slot and player. If you can't get what you think is a fair trade you take the best player, need or not. But if the difference is marginal then go ahead and pick the position you need over the slightly higher rated "box safety."

Personally I consider box safeties a dime a dozen, but that's neither here nor there.

He is a great mod isn't he? haha pathetic

1.-TE
2.-G
3.-DT
4.-CB
5.-LT
6.-S
7.-RB

Gotta help Minshew, defense is gonna suck with Wash anyway.

Having "too many" good DTs is never a bad thing. They rotate more than any position and being creative with the pairings situationally is an asset. 

However, if there's a CB rated similarly to Kinlaw at #20, I'm taking him all day long after landing Brown early. 
Bigger need at a position you typically need to take early to hit. I'd give it precedence.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 10:38 AM by Kane.)

My opinion for team needs
NT
CB1
RG
TE (Oliver has yet to prove anything, James O coming off an ACL tear... we ain't got one til we got one, yah mean?)
FS
CoP RB
OT
WR

If Yan is traded I'd slide DE in somewhere after RG and before RB

As per the needs vs BAP side argument I personally think WR is way down the list of our needs but if a guy like Ruggs is available at 20, that value trumps need. Draft is about the future and not about the right now, in theory.
I have NT higher than CB1, but if Okudah is there at 9, I take him over Brown and hope Kinlaw is there at 20, or plan to trade up from 20 to try and get him in the 12-15 range if he slides there.
This draft isn't strong in the FS category... so I'm likely to take RB, WR, and OT before that position unless the value meets the need with a guy sliding into round 3 from a round 2 grade.

No one drafts PURE BAP because then you'd end up with an uneven roster. And no one draft board is the same where player X is 1 and Y is 2 and so forth.... and GMs talk out of their [BLEEP] all the time so when I hear "he was the highest rated player on our board" I kinda roll my eyes a bit.
And none of us are professional GMs, so anytime OUR boards don't match up with what happens in the NFL draft, I'm rarely surprised.

(03-20-2020, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Having "too many" good DTs is never a bad thing. They rotate more than any position and being creative with the pairings situationally is an asset. 

However, if there's a CB rated similarly to Kinlaw at #20, I'm taking him all day long after landing Brown early. 
Bigger need at a position you typically need to take early to hit. I'd give it precedence.

I agree here. If we were to get Brown at 9 Kinlaw at 20 is almost a no-go for me. I imagine one of Henderson, Diggs, or Gladney are there at 20.
And maybe even a surprise like a Ruggs or Wirfs.

DE is a massive need despite the Gunter signing. On pace to be a bottom 5 pass rushing team this year. Unfortunately it's a bad edge class and not many good players left in FA.

(03-20-2020, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
Why are you being such a jerk NYC? You're usually not like that.

Sorry. 

Just trying to point out some blatant hypocrisy, but the poster has backpedaled miles from his original stance. 

I’ll let it go. 

We need: 

CB1 
NT
LT
RG
WR 
TE
FS
c.o.p. RB

you could re-order those a number of ways and it would still make sense and if Yan is traded or sits, add DE

(03-20-2020, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I agree with your thoughts there about Kinlaw and a CB at #20. But it would be really, REALLY close for me. Diggs, Terrell & Fulton are all decent there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-20-2020, 10:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: DE is a massive need despite the Gunter signing. On pace to be a bottom 5 pass rushing team this year. Unfortunately it's a bad edge class and not many good players left in FA.

Eh... I think Yan is gonna be stuck here playing on the one year tag (If rumors about contract values and low/no trade talks are true) and then we're gonna probably let him walk next year. 
We'll have Yan and Allen for this year, Smoot, Gunter, Bryan and Brown/Kinlaw....
I'm not worried about the DL really.

It's the most wonderful time of the year ....

BAP vs Need debate in every thread szn