Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Tight End Situation

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 10:38 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Albert Okwuegbunam is high on the list of TEs I want out of this class. He is right there with Kmet and Bryant for me. He didnt have the best year but he was the number 1 TE before last season and the potential is definitely there and has the highest ceiling imo. Not to mention he ran a 4.4 at the combine. I feel this TE class is probably the most underrated position draft in the class

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Due to the Jags past treatment of players, some may just not want to come here. Jags could've tried to sign a couple of these guys and they say no way.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-22-2020, 12:37 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Due to the Jags past treatment of players, some may just not want to come here.   Jags could've tried to sign a couple of these guys and they say no way.

That's a valid point and fair way to look at things at the moment. All the more reason that they need to rebuild properly through the draft and figure out a way to balance ego's with cap space for moving forward.. 

I have my doubts with Caldwell and Marrone. Especially with this year's schedule and two games being played across the pond now. But I want to be as optimistic as I can be as a fan. So hopefully they'll turn it around this year. 

7 - 9 would be an improvement. And depending on Minshew's play in year two those 9 losses may not all be on him. But that should be a fair starting point. Not asking them to break even right at .500 with an 8 - 8 record but you need to come damn near close with Khan doubling down on Marrone and in Caldwell's case it feels like a triple down. 

Tired of feeling like our city and franchise are sleepwalking around the NFL. It's embarrassing. And I can't blame the season ticket holders for opting out this year. And to those who stayed? Not enough words to say how thankful I am for that. 

I just hope we can hold on a little while longer.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Per Dilla, the Jags are talking with Donald Parham.

REALLY hoping they can get this kid.

We should draft one with our 2nd 1st round pick.

(03-23-2020, 12:48 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Per Dilla, the Jags are talking with Donald Parham.

Lots of ties (Gruden/played college ball in Florida).  Hope they can bring him in/get a look.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I am still on the draft two TEs this draft train. I would like a Y and an H type TE in this draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-23-2020, 12:48 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Per Dilla, the Jags are talking with Donald Parham.

Same here!

(03-23-2020, 02:52 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:

Same here!

Would be awesome. He was the best TE in the XFL.

Would dig that move!

(03-23-2020, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Would dig that move!

Same. He's a [BLEEP] tree of a target. 6'8? Jesus. LOL.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-24-2020, 04:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1242...55330?s=19

If he can stay healthy, this will be a quality pick up.

(03-24-2020, 04:46 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 04:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1242...55330?s=19

If he can stay healthy, this will be a quality pick up.

Agreed, love this move if he can stay healthy.  Still one of the better TEs when healthy

Landing Eifert would be ideal. He can't stay healthy worth a lick. But if there's a good mix between him, Oliver & O'Shaughnessy we might be okay. Plus the draft.

Last year was the healthiest he has been in his career which is a good sign. If we can sign Eifert it will be my favorite FA addition

http://www.nfl.com/player/tylereifert/2540148/profile

Holy crap! and people called Fred fragile?

I'd not wanna get on the field in Cincitucky either. Hope he's not here for another year of $$. Hope for the best, expect the worst. #becauseJaguars
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(03-24-2020, 09:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Would dig that move!

Same. He's a [BLEEP] tree of a target. 6'8? Jesus. LOL.

Signed with bolts. 

https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/status...72769?s=20

(03-24-2020, 11:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 09:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Same. He's a [BLEEP] tree of a target. 6'8? Jesus. LOL.

Signed with bolts. 

https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/status...72769?s=20

Lame. At least he isn't in our division.