Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Case for Going QB Early (Long)

Good read as always, Bullseye. Here's my take, with a little history.

During the Garrard years, much was made that he wasn't good enough to get the Jaguars to the Super Bowl. I'm not going to rehash those points here, but recognize that there was a substantial portion of the board that wanted him replaced with "a QB" from the draft. In retrospect, it was obvious that replacing even a middle of the road QB was going to be difficult. Remember, when Garrard was cut, he was actually named the starter of both the Dolphins and the Jets. When looking at the top 4 choices this year, chances are that maybe 2 of them will be truly good players. "A QB" won't work. It has to be ____________(insert name here). I loved when we took a chance on Bortles, because at least it was a swing for the fences. We got our guy, not the guy that fell to us. It didn't work out the best for us, but I loved the effort.

I like Minshew. None of us know how this is going to work out, but I had a lot more fun watching Jags games last year than I expected to when Foles went down. But if __________ falls to us, I don't think we should hesitate to make the pick. If "a QB" falls to us, that's a different story. It's really, really, hard to figure out who those guys are. If we knew Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Watson or Mahommes was going to be as good as they are, of course we'd have picked them. After every team passed on him, San Diego drafted and eventually jettisoned Drew Brees, before allowing him to become DREW BREES. Every team passed on Brady and Wilson at least once. These are the obvious ones.

In this draft, I think the guy being overlooked is Hurts. You feel differently. For all we know, it might be Fromm. It's not exactly a crapshoot, but if you try for "a QB', you need a lot of luck. Unless, of course, you choose ____________.

Messages In This Thread
The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Bullseye - 03-23-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PF* - 03-23-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PF* - 03-23-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PS9 - 03-23-2020, 09:07 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Upper - 03-23-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PF* - 03-23-2020, 06:25 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Upper - 03-23-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Upper - 03-23-2020, 07:03 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by anonymous2112 - 03-23-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PS9 - 03-24-2020, 07:18 AM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Mikey - 03-24-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Kane - 03-25-2020, 10:07 AM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Mikey - 03-26-2020, 08:37 AM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Kane - 03-26-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Upper - 03-26-2020, 10:09 AM