Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stimulus

(04-04-2020, 06:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The same $1200 as everyone else, even though they don't really need it.

Why would they get it?  I thought it was income-tested.

To a point, some think that point is too high.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2020, 04:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: If you really get down into the weeds of our system, it would make you puke.  As such, I try not to think about it and only focus on my financial well being.    Billions of dollars going out the door to people living on welfare as well as the housewives of Ponte Vedra who simply wake up in the morning, play tennis at the Inn and Club, then drink wine the rest of the day ---- WHAT THE [BLEEP] !!!

Like I said, thank God, I don't really think about it.  LOL  

HAPPY FRIDAY --- only lost $7,000 today (could have been worse) -- time to celebrate.

So you think a "Housewife of PV" qualifies for the government cheese of this stimulus package? You clearly havent been paying attention.

[Image: IMG_2782.jpg?resize=768%2C960&ssl=1]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-02-2020, 05:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:00 PM)mal234 Wrote: That the higher income people could get it? Them allowing some of them to get something with due to the qualifying dependents does open up the door for even more people to get some of this money. Also I am glad that they announced that seniors on Social Security don't have to file a tax return. It looks like for a moment there they were going to make them file a simple one, but now thankfully they don't have to. I was talking to this nice old lady the other day who had called to ask if she had to file. She was so happy to find out that she didn't.

She lives alone and was willing to come out and file it and pay someone to file it for her. I'm glad that Seniors especially ones who's main income is Social Security don't have to file their tax return to get it. If they get Direct deposit and got a 1099SA form this past year, they don't have to worry about it. They don't have to worry about having the burden of coming out, being exposed, paying somebody to do it, etc...I believe the same thing may end up happening for people who are on disability as well.

I think it's wrong that everybody gets it.  I can understand people who are through no fault of their own unemployed getting some help, but someone like me that makes a decent living and is not impacted by this financially should not be getting it.  It should go to people that need it the most, not everyone.

I hate to sound harsh, but our seasoned citizens that depend on social security are still getting their regular income.  I see no reason for them to get a "bonus" because of this pandemic.  Again, I hate to sound harsh, but social security was never intended to be and is not a "retirement plan".  It's supposed to be a supplement.

Giving "free" money to everyone just makes everyone more dependent on government.

That's not correct. It was originally designed as a safety net. There's a difference, especially when it comes to SSDI benefits.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-04-2020, 01:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think it's wrong that everybody gets it.  I can understand people who are through no fault of their own unemployed getting some help, but someone like me that makes a decent living and is not impacted by this financially should not be getting it.  It should go to people that need it the most, not everyone.

I hate to sound harsh, but our seasoned citizens that depend on social security are still getting their regular income.  I see no reason for them to get a "bonus" because of this pandemic.  Again, I hate to sound harsh, but social security was never intended to be and is not a "retirement plan".  It's supposed to be a supplement.

Giving "free" money to everyone just makes everyone more dependent on government.

That's not correct. It was originally designed as a safety net. There's a difference, especially when it comes to SSDI benefits.

Correction.  It was originally designed as a tax on the middle and lower classes.

(04-03-2020, 04:51 PM)Jags Wrote: Not sure if this falls into this thread or the Corona thread.  

I’ve seen an uptick in new clients, but now have had two people contact me to postpone due to the situation we have.  One furloughed the other idk.  Though I’m “essential” and have a job.  I’m wondering overall how the business will fair.  As long as I can pay my employees and my own bills I don’t care if I just break even.  I don’t think that will be the case.  But I’ll find out more since invoices just went out.  See who else contacts me and who just flat out don’t pay.  I’ve weeded out the non payers over the years.  

The furloughed guy, is a great long term well tipping client. I offered biweekly service for APril and May at no charge and then revisit the situation then.  The other guy was fairly new, so I just didn’t really do anything but send the “I’m sorry best of luck” type deals.  If I get more of those emails, or phone calls, I guess I’ll play it client by client.  If it gets to be too many, I can’t work for free.  

We’ll see.  I may just have to hang onto my stimulus check for a bit and see how it all pans out.  

Continuing to wish you all the best. Stay healthy, stay afloat and stay off my lawn.

Have you applied for the SBA PPP loan?  Could help float you through tough times and if used to payroll costs is basically forgivable.

(04-06-2020, 09:33 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 04:51 PM)Jags Wrote: Not sure if this falls into this thread or the Corona thread.  

I’ve seen an uptick in new clients, but now have had two people contact me to postpone due to the situation we have.  One furloughed the other idk.  Though I’m “essential” and have a job.  I’m wondering overall how the business will fair.  As long as I can pay my employees and my own bills I don’t care if I just break even.  I don’t think that will be the case.  But I’ll find out more since invoices just went out.  See who else contacts me and who just flat out don’t pay.  I’ve weeded out the non payers over the years.  

The furloughed guy, is a great long term well tipping client. I offered biweekly service for APril and May at no charge and then revisit the situation then.  The other guy was fairly new, so I just didn’t really do anything but send the “I’m sorry best of luck” type deals.  If I get more of those emails, or phone calls, I guess I’ll play it client by client.  If it gets to be too many, I can’t work for free.  

We’ll see.  I may just have to hang onto my stimulus check for a bit and see how it all pans out.  

Continuing to wish you all the best. Stay healthy, stay afloat and stay off my lawn.

Have you applied for the SBA PPP loan?  Could help float you through tough times and if used to payroll costs is basically forgivable.

I truly think I’ll be alright.  I’m seeing payments coming it faster so far with everyone being home.  And my employees are technically “subcontractors” by advice from my CPA. They really like my shirts and “bought them” from me.  So I wouldn’t be able to use it for payroll. Or maybe I could, idk.  Could I probably get some money from the government? Sure, probably.  I’m not sure it’ll be worth it even if I lost a handful of clients. My guys are still getting paid.  Save that money for the businesses that really need it and the people that are now trying to figure out how to pay their bills.

(04-06-2020, 04:20 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 09:33 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Have you applied for the SBA PPP loan?  Could help float you through tough times and if used to payroll costs is basically forgivable.

I truly think I’ll be alright.  I’m seeing payments coming it faster so far with everyone being home.  And my employees are technically “subcontractors” by advice from my CPA. They really like my shirts and “bought them” from me.  So I wouldn’t be able to use it for payroll. Or maybe I could, idk.  Could I probably get some money from the government? Sure, probably.  I’m not sure it’ll be worth it even if I lost a handful of clients. My guys are still getting paid.  Save that money for the businesses that really need it and the people that are now trying to figure out how to pay their bills.

I appreciate the approach that you are taking.  As long as you are able to take care of your employees and keep paying them, then no use taking loans.  Stay safe!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-03-2020, 04:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 04:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: If you really get down into the weeds of our system, it would make you puke.  As such, I try not to think about it and only focus on my financial well being.    Billions of dollars going out the door to people living on welfare as well as the housewives of Ponte Vedra who simply wake up in the morning, play tennis at the Inn and Club, then drink wine the rest of the day ---- WHAT THE [BLEEP] !!!

Like I said, thank God, I don't really think about it.  LOL  

HAPPY FRIDAY --- only lost $7,000 today (could have been worse) -- time to celebrate.

Huh?  What are the housewives of Ponte Vedra getting?  I don't understand what you are saying.

Just venting at the fact that people that don't work are getting stimulus' (while our family is excluded) and directed it to the ladies I see playing tennis at the PV Inn and Club, as I drive to work each day. Some of these peeps (mostly retired transients from the Northeast Corridor - NYC, DC, Boston), probably never worked a day in their life.  

Then there is the opposite extreme where welfare dude (not contributing to our tax base) gets more free money as well.

(04-07-2020, 08:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 04:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Huh?  What are the housewives of Ponte Vedra getting?  I don't understand what you are saying.

Just venting at the fact that people that don't work are getting stimulus' (while our family is excluded) and directed it to the ladies I see playing tennis at the PV Inn and Club, as I drive to work each day. Some of these peeps (mostly retired transients from the Northeast Corridor - NYC, DC, Boston), probably never worked a day in their life.  

Then there is the opposite extreme where welfare dude (not contributing to our tax base) gets more free money as well.

I share your frustration about the stimulus money, but can assure you that 99.9% of PVIC members won't see a shekel of that, except maybe from the small business side.

The good news is, TV sales are about to go up.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 10:10 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-07-2020, 09:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 08:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just venting at the fact that people that don't work are getting stimulus' (while our family is excluded) and directed it to the ladies I see playing tennis at the PV Inn and Club, as I drive to work each day. Some of these peeps (mostly retired transients from the Northeast Corridor - NYC, DC, Boston), probably never worked a day in their life.  

I share your frustration about the stimulus money, but can assure you that 99.9% of PVIC members won't see a shekel of that, except maybe from the small business side.

OMG isn't that the truth !!!  Why pay rent when the $1,200 can go toward a new TV or two, with some $$ to spare.

(04-07-2020, 09:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 08:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just venting at the fact that people that don't work are getting stimulus' (while our family is excluded) and directed it to the ladies I see playing tennis at the PV Inn and Club, as I drive to work each day. Some of these peeps (mostly retired transients from the Northeast Corridor - NYC, DC, Boston), probably never worked a day in their life.  

+1 (Samsung, 65" 4k smart tv)
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-07-2020, 10:08 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I share your frustration about the stimulus money, but can assure you that 99.9% of PVIC members won't see a shekel of that, except maybe from the small business side.

OMG isn't that the truth !!!  Why pay rent when the $1,200 can go toward a new TV or two, with some $$ to spare.

I believe 100% of the first stimulus should have been filtered through business. This would have done a few things.

1. Allowed employers to maintain payroll
2. Prevented 10 million people from filing unemployment
3. Not put stimulus money in the hands of people who were already unemployed and already attached to the government nipple.

Keep in mind, the people who make these decisions are the same people the left wants to hand over control of our health care industry to.

(04-07-2020, 10:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 10:08 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OMG isn't that the truth !!!  Why pay rent when the $1,200 can go toward a new TV or two, with some $$ to spare.

I believe 100% of the first stimulus should have been filtered through business. This would have done a few things.

3. Not put stimulus money in the hands of people who were already unemployed and already attached to the government nipple.

Keep in mind, the people who make these decisions are the same people the left wants to hand over control of our health care industry to.

Businesses will look out for themselves first. Will that money trickle down? Sure, but if you leave it to businesses to trickle down, it'll go the long way, and by the time the nighttime assistant janitor sees their check, there's not going to be much of a stimulus left. It had to go directly to individuals to keep greasy corporate palms from being in charge of how much is paid out, and if you think that would have stopped people who'd been laid off from filing for UI, think again. I don't really think any company with more than 50 employees should have received straight handout cash, but maybe that's just me. My bigger concern is that if a second $1T+ stimulus goes through, followed potentially by a third, the country is set up for inflation at a disastrous level as whoever's running the show in 2022 has to deal with the fallout of a country inventing money out of thin air on an absurd scale. The American peso might be less of a joke and more of a problem down the line. That's applicable whether it's businesses, individuals or both getting that money. This is going to shoot our economy in the foot for 10-20 years, and the only saving grace is that it's done the same for just about every developed nation in the world.

(04-07-2020, 01:21 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 10:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I believe 100% of the first stimulus should have been filtered through business. This would have done a few things.

Businesses will look out for themselves first. Will that money trickle down? Sure, but if you leave it to businesses to trickle down, it'll go the long way, and by the time the nighttime assistant janitor sees their check, there's not going to be much of a stimulus left. It had to go directly to individuals to keep greasy corporate palms from being in charge of how much is paid out, and if you think that would have stopped people who'd been laid off from filing for UI, think again. I don't really think any company with more than 50 employees should have received straight handout cash, but maybe that's just me. My bigger concern is that if a second $1T+ stimulus goes through, followed potentially by a third, the country is set up for inflation at a disastrous level as whoever's running the show in 2022 has to deal with the fallout of a country inventing money out of thin air on an absurd scale. The American peso might be less of a joke and more of a problem down the line. That's applicable whether it's businesses, individuals or both getting that money. This is going to shoot our economy in the foot for 10-20 years, and the only saving grace is that it's done the same for just about every developed nation in the world.

Meh, a good world war is going to sort this right out. Just like last time.

(04-07-2020, 02:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 01:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: Businesses will look out for themselves first. Will that money trickle down? Sure, but if you leave it to businesses to trickle down, it'll go the long way, and by the time the nighttime assistant janitor sees their check, there's not going to be much of a stimulus left. It had to go directly to individuals to keep greasy corporate palms from being in charge of how much is paid out, and if you think that would have stopped people who'd been laid off from filing for UI, think again. I don't really think any company with more than 50 employees should have received straight handout cash, but maybe that's just me. My bigger concern is that if a second $1T+ stimulus goes through, followed potentially by a third, the country is set up for inflation at a disastrous level as whoever's running the show in 2022 has to deal with the fallout of a country inventing money out of thin air on an absurd scale. The American peso might be less of a joke and more of a problem down the line. That's applicable whether it's businesses, individuals or both getting that money. This is going to shoot our economy in the foot for 10-20 years, and the only saving grace is that it's done the same for just about every developed nation in the world.

Meh, a good world war is going to sort this right out. Just like last time.

We can just bill the Chicoms for the $6T or so we've had to spend because of their lies.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-07-2020, 03:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Meh, a good world war is going to sort this right out. Just like last time.

We can just bill the Chicoms for the $6T or so we've had to spend because of their lies.

I think that's a fine idea. Of course their economy is built on sand and lies as well, so it probably won't work out for us.

Welp, there goes my stimulus check.
At least I'll die with good tunes.

(04-07-2020, 01:21 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 10:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I believe 100% of the first stimulus should have been filtered through business. This would have done a few things.

I'm so confused right now with what perhaps could offer the best solution that I agree with you both (and I know that can't happen since you offer alternate perspectives).

I'm going to stick to working, drinking, and watching the markets ....

(04-08-2020, 12:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm going to stick to working, drinking, and watching the markets ....

Somebody said every day is like Vegas now...

We're losing money by the minute and alcohol is appropriate at any hour.