Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

Yann would be hard pressed to turn down 19 Million as he already turned down 17 Million. He has to be extremely offset to not sigh the tag.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-02-2020, 06:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I keep scanning this thread, thinking that maybe something will finally happen.  

Somebody posted something!  Maybe something happened!  

Nope.  

The pandemic has made the offseason dead zone the deadest dead zone ever.

Yan is a fool if he doesn't sign the tender. I said a couple of months back they need to lock this thread until something happens.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Yan’s decision-making process:

“ if I sign the tender I make $17.8 million this year, then I can be a free agent next year”
“ if I don’t sign the tender I make zero this year, and the Jags still hold the rights to my career for another year”

“ yeah, I guess it makes sense to sit out this year! “ Duh!

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 04:02 PM by Upper.)

(06-25-2020, 10:22 AM)Upper Wrote: Love this idea: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...fills-hole

For those that don't have ESPN+: Jacksonville Jaguars trade DE Yannick Ngakoue to Cleveland Browns for TE David Njoku and a 2021 second-round pick

And now Njoku formally requests a trade while his agent is fishing in Jax with Jawaan Taylor...

(07-03-2020, 04:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 10:22 AM)Upper Wrote: Love this idea: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...fills-hole

For those that don't have ESPN+: Jacksonville Jaguars trade DE Yannick Ngakoue to Cleveland Browns for TE David Njoku and a 2021 second-round pick

And now Njoku formally requests a trade while his agent is fishing in Jax with Jawaan Taylor...

[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-03-2020, 04:02 PM)Upper Wrote:

He's Taylor's agent as well.

(07-14-2020, 11:47 AM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1283...57409?s=19

A "difficult, complicated deal" is impossible to pull off in one day.   If this is going to happen, some team had better already be talking to Ngakoue's agent, because no one is going to trade for the guy without being able to sign him to a contract.

Would appear Dave and company are trying to send a message to players that simply "want out of Jax."

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...98435?s=20

(07-15-2020, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Would appear Dave and company are trying to send a message to players that simply "want out of Jax."

"We expect fair value (For reference see Ramsey, J, LA Rams, 2019)."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-15-2020, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Would appear Dave and company are trying to send a message to players that simply "want out of Jax."

Gosh I really hope it’s not that. I mean it’s in their legal right to do so, but we can’t be seen as the bad guy in all of this. We already have too much of that negative energy. 
I hope it’s more that teams haven’t made a serious offer to the Jags.

(07-15-2020, 11:57 AM)MojoKing Wrote:

Gosh I really hope it’s not that. I mean it’s in their legal right to do so, but we can’t be seen as the bad guy in all of this. We already have too much of that negative energy. 
I hope it’s more that teams haven’t made a serious offer to the Jags.

I'm just speculating.

That statement clearly came from the Ngakoue/agent camp and we have no way of knowing if the Jags have fielded a worthy offer. 

Very possible they are simply holding out for 1st round pick compensation and have not been offered that.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2020, 08:09 AM by Mowerguy.)

Don't know about others here but, personally I'm so over giving a flip what he does.
I mean it would be nice to have him back .....but,we're actually in pretty good shape with the edge rushers we have ...who actually WANT to be here.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Reply from Uche

"If you understand anything about the politics going on right now, you would know the Jags are [BLEEP] with him because of the issues he has had openly with Khan's son. They are holding the man even after he has offered multiple scenarios that would see the jags either trade him with a franchise tag to another team. They are likely asking for a ridiculous return on him which they know other teams would not take all things considered with the environment of today that makes it hard to actually evaluate him physically now and adjust their market value accordingly. The same tactic they used to ship Ramsey off. No team is going to put themselves in that situation especially if they are squeezed for cap space in an uncertain season.

So yes, they are handling him like he is livestock, or they would pass him to another team for measly picks as they did with top tier DT Campbell and Upper mid tier DB Bouye. Fire sale for every core impact player except the guy who we don't really want and he doesn't want to play here anymore. I have seen it before with teammate of mine by the name of Maurice Jones-Drew. They didn't want to pay him while in his prime against a contract he had outplayed for 3 years(3 pro bowls) and they just cold shouldered him to the point he was close to asking to be traded."

(07-15-2020, 03:07 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Reply from Uche

"If you understand anything about the politics going on right now, you would know the Jags are [BLEEP] with him because of the issues he has had openly with Khan's son. They are holding the man even after he has offered multiple scenarios that would see the jags either trade him with a franchise tag to another team. They are likely asking for a ridiculous return on him which they know other teams would not take all things considered with the environment of today that makes it hard to actually evaluate him physically now and adjust their market value accordingly. The same tactic they used to ship Ramsey off. No team is going to put themselves in that situation especially if they are squeezed for cap space in an uncertain season.

So yes, they are handling him like he is livestock, or they would pass him to another team for measly picks as they did with top tier DT Campbell and Upper mid tier DB Bouye. Fire sale for every core impact player except the guy who we don't really want and he doesn't want to play here anymore. I have seen it before with teammate of mine by the name of Maurice Jones-Drew. They didn't want to pay him while in his prime against a contract he had outplayed for 3 years(3 pro bowls) and they just cold shouldered him to the point he was close to asking to be traded."

Oh geez... who pulled Uche's string?

I think the “livestock” line is a little much considering he could sign something that would make him 17million dollars. If that’s livestock sign me up!!

But, the Jags shouldn’t be doing this, we need to repair our relationship with the NFLPA not make it worse. If someone offers a 2nd and 4th I think you gotta take it.

I don't understand that mindset. Campbell is 33 years old and is nearing the end of his career. Ngakoue is 25 and is quite literally in his prime. The Jags are right to be expecting more value than they got for Campbell. And the Jags did Campbell a favor by trading him to a contender because of how awesome of a player and teammate he's been to the team.

Personally, I feel like the franchise tag should be abolished. It gets rid of these "holding them hostage" arguments that people tend to have.

(07-15-2020, 03:16 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think the “livestock” line is a little much considering he could sign something that would make him 17million dollars. If that’s livestock sign me up!!

But, the Jags shouldn’t be doing this, we need to repair our relationship with the NFLPA not make it worse. If someone offers a 2nd and 4th I think you gotta take it.

A little much? It's super hyperbole at its finest.

Dude is a contracted player. The team doesn't owe him anything outside of his contract. They are using the tag well within their rights under the CBA his representatives in the NFLPA agreed to. If he doesn't want to play he can choose to not play but the team doesn't have to trade him at all, especially for less than worthy compensation just to appease him.

If Yan doesn't do his twitter crybaby nonsense does the team take less in a trade? I doubt it. They weren't ever gonna trade him for a mid round pick or combination of. He wants top dollar and to play for a "winning" franchise. We want a first round pick. Seems like no one is getting what they "want". Tough cookies, I say.
At this point the Jaguars should stop taking calls. Yan plays on the tag or doesn't play and then rinse and repeat next year.

If that makes the NFLPA somehow upset, then they can address it in the next CBA. Until then the Jaguars aren't doing anything wrong. In fact they are doing what is best for their franchise. They weren't letting Ramsey go without proper compensation and they got it. If a team really wants Yan, they'll cough up a first. My guess is no one wants him that bad because of the contract he also wants on top of it and no time to negotiate. 

For once I'm fully backing the franchise in the Yan situation.

(07-15-2020, 03:21 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

I don't understand that mindset. Campbell is 33 years old and is nearing the end of his career. Ngakoue is 25 and is quite literally in his prime. The Jags are right to be expecting more value than they got for Campbell. And the Jags did Campbell a favor by trading him to a contender because of how awesome of a player and teammate he's been to the team.

Personally, I feel like the franchise tag should be abolished. It gets rid of these "holding them hostage" arguments that people tend to have.

It's the heavily biased mindset of a former player. Guys like Campbell and Buoye get dealt for mid-picks every time they get too expensive for the productivity. Guys like Yann either sign big deals or get traded for their value. The idea that the Jags should just roll over and take less in a trade than he's worth to them on the field is silly. There's no feelings to this, merely economics. On the other hand, Yan is a pig-headed fool who should've signed the deal he was offered last year. Coughlin made it really hard on this franchise with his obsolete strong arm tactics. Caldwell really doesn't have a good way out of this, no matter what he does it's got pretty substantial downside unless he pulls off another Ramsey-like steal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-15-2020, 03:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 03:21 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I don't understand that mindset. Campbell is 33 years old and is nearing the end of his career. Ngakoue is 25 and is quite literally in his prime. The Jags are right to be expecting more value than they got for Campbell. And the Jags did Campbell a favor by trading him to a contender because of how awesome of a player and teammate he's been to the team.

It's the heavily biased mindset of a former player. Guys like Campbell and Buoye get dealt for mid-picks every time they get too expensive for the productivity. Guys like Yann either sign big deals or get traded for their value. The idea that the Jags should just roll over and take less in a trade than he's worth to them on the field is silly. There's no feelings to this, merely economics. On the other hand, Yan is a pig-headed fool who should've signed the deal he was offered last year. Coughlin made it really hard on this franchise with his obsolete strong arm tactics. Caldwell really doesn't have a good way out of this, no matter what he does it's got pretty substantial downside unless he pulls off another Ramsey-like steal.

Both the team and the player are at fault here.

Ngakoue absolutely didn't have to take the deal he was offered last year. We don't even know the exact details of the deal other than the reported value per year. We don't even know how much of it was guaranteed. Coughlin's hard-nosed stance of considering that their first and final offer was stupid and is what helped to fracture the relationship with the team. Khan waited absolutely too long to fire Coughlin and it destroyed our team.