Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(07-26-2020, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know.

It seems pretty clear to me that no other team values Yan as much as the Jags do, and the amount they value him is nowhere near what he thinks he's worth.

Yeahh if we get a 2nd we’ll be lucky. I’m assuming at the end of the day it’ll be the classic 3rd and 5th

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-26-2020, 05:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the Jets getting 2 first round picks from Seattle for Jamaal Adams should strengthen the case for the Jaguars getting the same type of deal for Ngakoue.    

1) It shows the Ramsey trade was not a fluke.  
2) Adams does not play a premium position like Ngakoue does.  
3) Adams is demanding a new deal just like Ngakoue.  

This deal also shows that teams are willing to give up a lot for what they see as a difference-making player.

Jamaal is the best in the NFL at his position. Yan isn't.

(07-26-2020, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know.

It seems pretty clear to me that no other team values Yan as much as the Jags do, and the amount they value him is nowhere near what he thinks he's worth.

I'm not sure other teams don't value him. But to have to pay his asking price plus give up good draft picks is a bad deal.
To that essentially for a season that will net the expected income/profits for the NFL and owners is worse.
To before a year that has the threat of never being completed is worst.

It's basically Murphy/Sod/Finagle's/Melody's law: "Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment" for Yannick.

(07-27-2020, 08:35 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It seems pretty clear to me that no other team values Yan as much as the Jags do, and the amount they value him is nowhere near what he thinks he's worth.

I'm not sure other teams don't value him. But to have to pay his asking price plus give up good draft picks is a bad deal.
To that essentially for a season that will net the expected income/profits for the NFL and owners is worse.

It's basically Murphy/Sod/Finagle's/Melody's law: "Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment" for Yannick.

I agree with you, but, the fact that the Seahawks are giving up the draft picks AND they have to sign Adams to a long term deal makes me a little more open to the idea that we might be able to deal Ngakoue for more than I thought.  

The Jets and Adams were in the exact same situation the Jaguars and Ngakoue are in, and the Jets managed to make a pretty good deal.

(07-27-2020, 08:35 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It seems pretty clear to me that no other team values Yan as much as the Jags do, and the amount they value him is nowhere near what he thinks he's worth.

Yeah that never happens in the NFL....

Let's believe Yawn is a superstar though
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 12:39 PM by ATLjag.)

(07-27-2020, 09:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 08:35 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm not sure other teams don't value him. But to have to pay his asking price plus give up good draft picks is a bad deal.

I agree with you, but, the fact that the Seahawks are giving up the draft picks AND they have to sign Adams to a long term deal makes me a little more open to the idea that we might be able to deal Ngakoue for more than I thought.  

The Jets and Adams were in the exact same situation the Jaguars and Ngakoue are in, and the Jets managed to make a pretty good deal.
Adams is under contract for 2 more years. Ngakoue is a free agent. Both players demanding a trade, but not quite the exact same situation from where they are in their contracts.

(07-26-2020, 02:14 PM)MojoKing Wrote:

Yeahh if we get a 2nd we’ll be lucky. I’m assuming at the end of the day it’ll be the classic 3rd and 5th

I doubt we trade him for a 3rd and a 5th.

We either get proper compensation or he plays here under the tag. 
Or he doesn't play and we do the dance all over again next off season.

(07-27-2020, 09:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 08:35 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm not sure other teams don't value him. But to have to pay his asking price plus give up good draft picks is a bad deal.

I think Seattle gave up too much. 2 firsts plus a 3rd and a big contract extension looming?
They are banking big on legion of boom v 2.0 happening this year or next.

Jets made out like a bandit but as others have said... with 2 years remaining Seattle technically has more wiggle room and Adams is probably the best safety in the game right now while Yan is more like 3rd-5th best pass rusher and more of a fringe top 10 all around DE. While the position is more sought after it also carries a larger contract and so I still doubt at this point the Jags are getting the first round pick they desire for Yan.

We'll get a first at least, if he's traded. I expect him to go before the trade deadline. Some team will be competing and think they need a rusher to get to the big dance, and they'll overpay. They always do. I'm not trading Yan for at least a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd.

(07-27-2020, 02:43 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 09:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree with you, but, the fact that the Seahawks are giving up the draft picks AND they have to sign Adams to a long term deal makes me a little more open to the idea that we might be able to deal Ngakoue for more than I thought.  

I think Seattle gave up too much. 2 firsts plus a 3rd and a big contract extension looming?

Jets made out like a bandit but as others have said... with 2 years remaining Seattle technically has more wiggle room and Adams is probably the best safety in the game right now while Yan is more like 3rd-5th best pass rusher and more of a fringe top 10 all around DE. While the position is more sought after it also carries a larger contract and so I still doubt at this point the Jags are getting the first round pick they desire for Yan.

Some guy on ESPN.com gave the Jets a B+ for the trade. Stuff like that makes me wonder how these morons get published by the large news companies. Getting that haul for a safety is obscene.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Per the rules, he has to show up right tomorrow right?

I hope he gets the coof
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-27-2020, 04:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:43 PM)Kane Wrote: I think Seattle gave up too much. 2 firsts plus a 3rd and a big contract extension looming?

Some guy on ESPN.com gave the Jets a B+ for the trade. Stuff like that makes me wonder how these morons get published by the large news companies. Getting that haul for a safety is obscene.

Some of the sub-A grades I have seen are justified by the fact the first rounders NYJ gets will be near the bottom of the 1st round. I can see the argument, but don't agree with it.

(07-27-2020, 04:11 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Per the rules, he has to show up right tomorrow right?

He does not have to show up as long as he don't sign the tag
[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-27-2020, 06:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 04:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Some guy on ESPN.com gave the Jets a B+ for the trade. Stuff like that makes me wonder how these morons get published by the large news companies. Getting that haul for a safety is obscene.

Some of the sub-A grades I have seen are justified by the fact the first rounders NYJ gets will be near the bottom of the 1st round. I can see the argument, but don't agree with it.

Two 1sts for a safety is fleecing no matter what picks they are.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-27-2020, 11:16 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

And how did it turn out for those teams in recent years?

Seahawks got adams and the jets 4th round next yr

Jets got seattles two 1st rounders the next two years and a third

Seattles picks will be lower first rounders they gave the jets for what its worth.

We should be able to get at least a stinkin one for yan.

(07-27-2020, 11:18 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 11:16 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yeah that never happens in the NFL....

And how did it turn out for those teams in recent years?

And? teams still do it for players that are worth that. Yawn is nowhere near that level.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 11:14 AM by Kane.)

(07-27-2020, 04:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:43 PM)Kane Wrote: I think Seattle gave up too much. 2 firsts plus a 3rd and a big contract extension looming?

Laughing a B+? Geez.... It's a solid A. Yeah they lose the best S in the game, but they get a serviceable guy at the same position, 2 firsts and swap a 4th for a 3rd.... 
But I've come to accept that pretty much all journalism is crap these days. ESPN, NFL, newspapers and network news channels. It's all about getting clicks and selling ads now, the substance just isn't there with anything.

(07-27-2020, 06:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 04:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Some guy on ESPN.com gave the Jets a B+ for the trade. Stuff like that makes me wonder how these morons get published by the large news companies. Getting that haul for a safety is obscene.

I mean I guess we can assume Seattle will be picking in the 20's or lower for the next two years. But stuff happens all the time to ruin a team's season. They could have a bad year and slide back into the teens one or both years. Their division is no longer a cake walk and their offense is still heavily reliant on Wilson pulling most of the weight. 

Also, multiple picks allows teams movement which can be more valuable than the pick itself. Jets have two firsts next year, say their 10th overall and Seattle's 25th overall. Plus 2 3rds. They can slide up and down and all around with that kind of draft capital.

(07-27-2020, 11:16 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Can you show us on the doll where Yannick touched you?