Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

Just reading some of the new rules the NFL are asking of players. Cant attend a nightclub with more than 15 people. Cant attend church with more than 25% capacity. And these will be punished with fines or suspensions!!

Just see it now, Yan banned for a season as too many people went to his church!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chargers and DE Joey Bosa reached agreement on a 5-year, $135 million extension that ties him to LA the next six years, league sources tell ESPN. He had $78M fully guaranteed at signing and $102M guaranteed - a new NFL defensive record.‬

Yawn must be so mad lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-29-2020, 01:18 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Chargers and DE Joey Bosa reached agreement on a 5-year, $135 million extension that ties him to LA the next six years, league sources tell ESPN. He had $78M fully guaranteed at signing and $102M guaranteed - a new NFL defensive record.‬

Yawn must be so mad lol

Okay, to me, this is further evidence of the strong possibility that Yan can be traded successfully.  Obviously, the only things standing in the way of a trade were the trade compensation and the contract the other team would need to sign him to.  But seeing that the Jets got two first round picks for Jamaal Adams and the Chargers are giving Joey Bosa $27 million per year, that tells me the market is out there for Yan.   We're not asking for two first round picks and I'm pretty sure Yan is not asking for nearly as much as Bosa got.  

Granted, Yan is not as good a player as Adams or Bosa, but he is a very good player at a premium position, and based on what happened with those two players, there is a market out there for him.

(07-29-2020, 05:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 01:18 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Chargers and DE Joey Bosa reached agreement on a 5-year, $135 million extension that ties him to LA the next six years, league sources tell ESPN. He had $78M fully guaranteed at signing and $102M guaranteed - a new NFL defensive record.‬

Yawn must be so mad lol

Okay, to me, this is further evidence of the strong possibility that Yan can be traded successfully.  Obviously, the only things standing in the way of a trade were the trade compensation and the contract the other team would need to sign him to.  But seeing that the Jets got two first round picks for Jamaal Adams and the Chargers are giving Joey Bosa $27 million per year, that tells me the market is out there for Yan.   We're not asking for two first round picks and I'm pretty sure Yan is not asking for nearly as much as Bosa got.  

Granted, Yan is not as good a player as Adams or Bosa, but he is a very good player at a premium position, and based on what happened with those two players, there is a market out there for him.

Yan is not really better than Fowler. He was more consistent at the start of his career though (as a pass rusher), still he is not worth anything above $18 million per year.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think the Jets are a good spot now. The need a pass rusher and they have 3 1sts

(07-30-2020, 04:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Jets are a good spot now. The need a pass rusher and they have 3 1sts

Here is an NY Daily News article that's thinking along the same lines:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb...story.html

I saw TC was hurt in a bike accident. Anyone know where TC was around that time?

(07-30-2020, 08:27 PM)nate Wrote: I saw TC was hurt in a bike accident.  Anyone know where TC was around that time?

I heard he was pedalling up to the lemon bar for a happy hour meeting with the Blake bortles.....hmmmm.

(07-30-2020, 04:46 PM)Brett Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Jets are a good spot now.  The need a pass rusher and they have 3 1sts

Here is an NY Daily News article that's thinking along the same lines:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb...story.html

It's an interesting thought, but reading all the way through that article, it does bring up some sticking points, like the fact that if they do trade for him, they can't sign him to a contract until after the season.  That makes trading for him a big risk.  On the other hand, I do wonder if they could reach some sort of understanding about what a new contract would look like.

(07-30-2020, 10:56 PM)surfon Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:27 PM)nate Wrote: I saw TC was hurt in a bike accident.  Anyone know where TC was around that time?

I heard he was pedalling up to the lemon bar for a happy hour meeting with the Blake bortles.....hmmmm.

You came up with that all by yourself?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-10-2020, 03:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/...22176?s=21

Seems like he made this move a little late.  Rolleyes

Guess he didn't like the advice his agent was giving him. Wonder if his agent was telling him to sign the franchise deal or to continue holding out.

Lmao

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 04:12 PM by Jagwired.)

Hmmmm? Four years in the league and third agent. I think we can assume where the problem lies.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...4494615554
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Yannick needs to play or opt out for covid. Holding out is not going to get him anywhere at this point. The front office realized they needed to draw a line in the sand on this one after what happenEd with Jalen.

(08-10-2020, 04:10 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Hmmmm? Four years in the league and third agent. I think we can assume where the problem lies.

I thought this would be #3. He fired he last one because he didn't listen to him telling him he needed to sign the Jags deal. Frankly he doesn't need an agent because he doesn't listen to them.

Does he have to pay the agent if he fires them? That could add to the money that he is never getting back. Someone will sign him, but they need to ensure they get paid for their time because he probably won't be signing anything for 2 seasons.

Been telling you all he had the worst agent in sports.

Stick with me. I will take you places.

(08-10-2020, 04:10 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Hmmmm? Four years in the league and third agent. I think we can assume where the problem lies.

Not 3rd no. He never officially fired his agent last time

I'm thinking probably another agent recruited him. Probably they told him they could get him traded.