Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(08-11-2020, 08:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm thinking probably another agent recruited him.  Probably they told him they could get him traded.

Just had a rocky relationship with Uri

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's hope Yanni picks women better than agents. Ifnot, he will be broke by the time he hits 30.

Two reasons he could have fired his agent; either he's been giving him bad advice, or he's been giving him good advice that he's too stubborn to take. Guess we'll find out which when we hear his new agent's position negotiating with the Jags.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 10:49 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/0...th-jaguars

I think Yan is finally starting to realize he mad a mistake in thinking he was worth more than he really is

(08-10-2020, 04:49 PM)Newton Wrote: Yannick needs to play or opt out for covid. Holding out is not going to get him anywhere at this point. The front office realized they needed to draw a line in the sand on this one after what happenEd with Jalen.

He can't "opt out" until signing the tag I believe. He needs a contract to essentially borrow the 150k from. Currently he is unsigned.
If he does opt out, he's on the hook for the tag minus 150 and a Jag in 2021, and under contract forcing him to show up.

(08-11-2020, 11:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 04:49 PM)Newton Wrote: Yannick needs to play or opt out for covid. Holding out is not going to get him anywhere at this point. The front office realized they needed to draw a line in the sand on this one after what happenEd with Jalen.

He can't "opt out" until signing the tag I believe. He needs a contract to essentially borrow the 150k from. Currently he is unsigned.
If he does opt out, he's on the hook for the tag minus 150 and a Jag in 2021, and under contract forcing him to show up.

deadline has passed, you can't opt out now unless your health or family conditions change

(08-11-2020, 12:52 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 11:09 AM)Kane Wrote: He can't "opt out" until signing the tag I believe. He needs a contract to essentially borrow the 150k from. Currently he is unsigned.

deadline has passed, you can't opt out now unless your health or family conditions change

Under the new CBA agreement there was more punitive penalties for holding out of training camp. I’m wondering if they can be applied to yan since he hasn’t signed the tender? If not and he signs right before week 1 does he get the full 17m? Because if that’s the case there wouldn’t be a point for him to come into camp

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 04:12 PM by ATLjag.)

(08-11-2020, 03:13 PM)PAJag Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 12:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: deadline has passed, you can't opt out now unless your health or family conditions change

Under the new CBA agreement there was more punitive penalties for holding out of training camp. I’m wondering if they can be applied to yan since he hasn’t signed the tender? If not and he signs right before week 1 does he get the full 17m? Because if that’s the case there wouldn’t be a point for him to come into camp

Jags own his rights, but he is not signed (not on the roster).  Therefore, he is not subject to any penalties for not being in camp.  If he signs right before the first week, yes, he gets the full franchise tag amount.  His only real incentive to sign now is to get into camp for conditioning and work with teammates.  He really wants to have a full and highly productive season, to set up a possible big contract or payday next off season.

Wait....Lombardi was WRONG???!??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(08-23-2020, 09:38 AM)NCJag Wrote: Wait....Lombardi was WRONG???!??

Too bad. I would take a second rounder from the jets or raiders at this point.

(08-23-2020, 11:43 AM)Newton Wrote:

I'd rather make an example out of him.  You can't just cry and get what you want.  Let him lose millions and tag him next year

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020, 12:34 PM by The Real Marty.)

I would take a second and a third.  I wouldn't take just a second.  According to the draft pick value chart, a mid-second and a mid-third is pretty close in value to a pick at the end of the first round.  Not quite, but close.  We could use that mid-second and mid-third and maybe throw in a late round pick to move up to the first pick of the second night- top of the 2nd round.  Or maybe that 2nd, 3rd, and a late rounder would get us to the end of the 1st round.

(08-23-2020, 12:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 11:43 AM)Newton Wrote: Too bad. I would take a second rounder from the jets or raiders at this point.

I'd rather make an example out of him.  You can't just cry and get what you want.  Let him lose millions and tag him next year
This is a valid argument for sure. We do need to show that management is in charge.

(08-23-2020, 01:54 PM)Newton Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 12:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather make an example out of him.  You can't just cry and get what you want.  Let him lose millions and tag him next year
This is a valid argument for sure. We do need to show that management is in charge.

Agreed, especially after Ramsey.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Who is gonna give more than a second for a guy who can't stop the run? Also you can sign Clowney and not give up picks instead.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-23-2020, 12:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 11:43 AM)Newton Wrote: Too bad. I would take a second rounder from the jets or raiders at this point.

《This》
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Why? We hold all the cards.. There's no reason to trade him for anything less than an offer that blows us away. He either signs the tag, plays and collects his $18m. Or he doesn't, sits out and doesn't make a penny.

To give away an elite pass rusher for little to nothing is the stupidest thing you could do.

(08-23-2020, 04:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Why? We hold all the cards.. There's no reason to trade him for anything less than an offer that blows us away. He either signs the tag, plays and collects his $18m. Or he doesn't, sits out and doesn't make a penny.

To give away an elite pass rusher for little to nothing is the stupidest thing you could do.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23