Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-01-2020, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont like the Giants trade.  I'd rather the Jets rumored offer.  I'd rather 9 and 11 than 4 and 20

So the two extra seconds don't matter?  Sheesh.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IF the Jags could get up to 4 they would be in chase young range.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-01-2020, 04:28 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: IF the Jags could get up to 4 they would be in chase young range.

We shouldn't draft him because we have Allen, we don't wanna make Allen mad too lol

(04-01-2020, 04:12 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont like the Giants trade.  I'd rather the Jets rumored offer.  I'd rather 9 and 11 than 4 and 20

So the two extra seconds don't matter?  Sheesh.

Ok, I missed that.  I was saying if everything was equal I'd rather have 9 and 11 than 4 and 20

(04-01-2020, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:12 PM)Rico Wrote: So the two extra seconds don't matter?  Sheesh.

Ok, I missed that.  I was saying if everything was equal I'd rather have 9 and 11 than 4 and 20

Okudah and #20 (can still move up from there) > #9 and #11 imo

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 04:55 PM by ATLjag.)

If the Jags were to be offered and accept a NY Giants trade for Ngakoue (CBS scenario), including moving up from 1-9 to 1-4, I think it would present an interesting scenario. Miami at 1-5, not wanting to lose Tua to the Chargers or Jags, would more than likely trade up with Detroit at 1-3. Chargers at 1-6, in fear of losing out on Herbert with the Jags now on the clock at 1-4, would likely offer to trade spots with the Jags, offering the Jags additional draft capital. In addition to the 1-4 to 1-6 swap, the Jags would likely be able to pick up a couple other picks from the Chargers such as their early 3rd round pick this year and a 3rd round pick in 2021.

In the above scenario, along with the CBS deal, a Yannick trade may net...

Jags give:
Pick 1-9
Yannick Ngakoue

Jags receive:
Pick 1-6
Pick 2-36
Pick 3-71
2021 2nd round pick- NYG
2021 3rd round pick- LAC

...just dreaming

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...5281801219
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-01-2020, 06:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...5281801219

The person who was handling the situation last year is no longer here.

It’s a pride thing now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-01-2020, 06:06 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 06:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...5281801219

It’s a pride thing now.
He's trying to save face. The twitterverse has been handing him his [BLEEP] on the daily!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

It’s a pride thing now.

It has always been bigger than Coughlin.

Seems like he may have been the one that piss poorly handled it

Jags gave him a fair offer last year but he wanted more money, TC probably told him he wasn't good enough vs the run to receive a higher offer and that's where he felt "disrespected" lol.

The guy is an idiot.

It’s a pride thing now.

How do you know that.  We don't know if Dave Marrone, or some other personal is the issue.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-01-2020, 06:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Jags gave him a fair offer last year but he wanted more money, TC probably told him he wasn't good enough vs the run to receive a higher offer and that's where he felt "disrespected" lol.

The guy is an idiot.
And what are you going to say if it works out for him? If he gets traded to a better team (which won’t be hard considering Jags are about 30-32) and gets a big contract on top?

I want him to stay but it’s not looking good so hopefully they can get some good picks in return and Allen isn’t constantly double teamed.....

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 07:21 PM by knarnn.)

(04-01-2020, 06:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 06:06 PM)knarnn Wrote: The person who was handling the situation last year is no longer here.

It’s a pride thing now.

How do you know that.  We don't know if Dave Marrone, or some other personal is the issue.

Easy. Simply look at his tweets the last day or so.

https://twitter.com/yannickngakoue/statu...48641?s=21

(04-01-2020, 06:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Seems like he may have been the one that piss poorly handled it

Bingo.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I would LOVE the proposed NYG trade
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

So the whole "pay me my money" thing at the end of the year wasnt real?

Not surprised. His story is gonna have to change if the rumors are true and he takes less money elsewhere.

(04-01-2020, 06:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Jags gave him a fair offer last year but he wanted more money, TC probably told him he wasn't good enough vs the run to receive a higher offer and that's where he felt "disrespected" lol.

The guy is an idiot.

The amount of fans who don't understand that the guaranteed money is the most important part of a contract continues to bewilder me.

(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 06:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Jags gave him a fair offer last year but he wanted more money, TC probably told him he wasn't good enough vs the run to receive a higher offer and that's where he felt "disrespected" lol.

The guy is an idiot.

The amount of fans who don't understand that the guaranteed money is the most important part of a contract continues to bewilder me.

But they have such fun inventing their own behind-the-scenes narratives and fictional figures.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 08:27 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)Upper Wrote:

The guy is an idiot.

Who exactly said otherwise?
Do you have any evidence that the problem was in fact the guaranteed money? it would still mean the same thing anyway, he wanted more guaranteed money than the team was willing to give.