Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-01-2020, 08:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)Upper Wrote: The amount of fans who don't understand that the guaranteed money is the most important part of a contract continues to bewilder me.

Who exactly said otherwise?
Do you have any evidence that the problem was in fact the guaranteed money? it would still mean the same thing anyway, he wanted more guaranteed money than the team was willing to give.

No details were ever exactly given, but there were plenty of accounts that agreed he was offered a respectable AAV with almost no guarantees.

For a guy who spent 3 years demolishing his draft status and salary and has maybe a million dollars in the bank and his career is now let's say roughly 1/3 over, a deal that could easily pay him nothing if he took one wrong step or landed the wrong way one time would have been crazy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2020, 07:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)Upper Wrote: The amount of fans who don't understand that the guaranteed money is the most important part of a contract continues to bewilder me.

But they have such fun inventing their own behind-the-scenes narratives and fictional figures.

It’s not about the money according to Yan.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It’s not about the money, but he’s upset about the deal (aka money)?

He needs to come out and explain how the deal was ha sled poorly. He’s already thrown the FO under the bus, so it isn’t as if he’s trying to be professional about this situation. He may have a legitimate reason and convince some people.

(04-01-2020, 09:09 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: But they have such fun inventing their own behind-the-scenes narratives and fictional figures.

We're talking last year with the solid AAV/bad guarantee $.

This year the bridges are apparently totally burned and Yan would be willing to take less elsewhere just to leave this franchise.

(04-01-2020, 09:09 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: But they have such fun inventing their own behind-the-scenes narratives and fictional figures.

But yesterday it was because 17 mil isn`t enough to feed his family. If its not about money then why were their rumors that he was asking to much and that was the sticking point with most teams trying to trade?

I`m sorry but I don`t see the disrespect, year 1 they gave him significant snaps as a 3rd round rookie, year 2 they start him over a 1st round pick in Fowler, Year 3 they ship off Fowler and trust Yannick with a starting spot and his play declined but they still offered him a good contract supposedly with almost no guarantees though I highly doubt that after what we paid Myles. He and his camp scoff at they offer like its a low ball and start playing the disrespect card ignoring the fact that they asked for 23+ mill a year which is way more insane the the reported 19 mil we offered him. He plays out the year and makes comments about getting paid and makes pay me signs after being out played by a rookie and we still offered him more money then anyone else is willing to pay him. we also value him at a minimum of a 1st round pick in trade which no one is willing to give up because of his asking price but the Jaguars some how disrespected him and mishandled his situation.

I`m surprised their are still people on this board that are defending him hes clearly overvaluing himself and is mad because he was dinged for his run defense during contract talks which is a valid argument to make.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I thought last year the desl offered was wss also 50 mil plus over the first two years. Thats not chump change.

(04-01-2020, 09:43 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 09:09 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s not about the money according to Yan.

But yesterday it was because 17 mil isn`t enough to feed his family. If its not about money then why were their rumors that he was asking to much and that was the sticking point with most teams trying to trade?

I`m sorry but I don`t see the disrespect, year 1 they gave him significant snaps as a 3rd round rookie, year 2 they start him over a 1st round pick in Fowler, Year 3 they ship off Fowler and trust Yannick with a starting spot and his play declined but they still offered him a good contract supposedly with almost no guarantees though I highly doubt that after what we paid Myles. He and his camp scoff at they offer like its a low ball and start playing the disrespect card ignoring the fact that they asked for 23+ mill a year which is way more insane the the reported 19 mil we offered him. He plays out the year and makes comments about getting paid and makes pay me signs after being out played by a rookie and we still offered him more money then anyone else is willing to pay him. we also value him at a minimum of a 1st round pick in trade which no one is willing to give up because of his asking price but the Jaguars some how disrespected him and mishandled his situation.

I`m surprised their are still people on this board that are defending him hes clearly overvaluing himself and is mad because he was dinged for his run defense during contract talks which is a valid argument to make.

Huh??? 

2018 was year 3. 

He registered 9.5 sacks, 51 QB pressures, 31 QB hits, 13 tackles for loss. His play declined in 2018??

Nah. His third year play did not decline. He played through injury in 2019 and that's the only decline he's shown.

(04-01-2020, 09:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 09:43 PM)Protozoa Wrote: But yesterday it was because 17 mil isn`t enough to feed his family. If its not about money then why were their rumors that he was asking to much and that was the sticking point with most teams trying to trade?

Huh??? 

2018 was year 3. 

He registered 9.5 sacks, 51 QB pressures, 31 QB hits, 13 tackles for loss. His play declined in 2018??

Nah. His third year play did not decline. He played through injury in 2019 and that's the only decline he's shown.

You`re right i`m sure i`m mixing up some play from last year. My point still stands that the Jaguars have done right by him more often then not and outside of Coughlin (which hasn`t been confirmed to my knowledge) the organization has always spoken highly of him.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 10:28 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-01-2020, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Who exactly said otherwise?
Do you have any evidence that the problem was in fact the guaranteed money? it would still mean the same thing anyway, he wanted more guaranteed money than the team was willing to give.

No details were ever exactly given, but there were plenty of accounts that agreed he was offered a respectable AAV with almost no guarantees.

For a guy who spent 3 years demolishing his draft status and salary and has maybe a million dollars in the bank and his career is now let's say roughly 1/3 over, a deal that could easily pay him nothing if he took one wrong step or landed the wrong way one time would have been crazy.

Way to exaggerate things.

1.-None of us know for sure what the deal was
2.-He is been good, not great, you make it sound as if he was elite, he is clearly not. Dude was outplayed by 3 rookies this year.
3.-You make it sound as if the guaranteed money on the contract they offered him was 1 million over 4 years lol, it was at the very least 20 million.

(04-01-2020, 09:57 PM)surfon Wrote: I thought last year the desl offered was wss also 50 mil plus over the first two years.  Thats not chump change.

That was the rumor that it was basically a front loaded contract just like most of our contracts have been which would have make it easy for us to cut him after 2 years with out a cap hit if his play declined.

(04-01-2020, 10:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote: No details were ever exactly given, but there were plenty of accounts that agreed he was offered a respectable AAV with almost no guarantees.

Way to exaggerate things.

2.-He is been good, not great, you make it sound as if he was elite, he is clearly not. Dude was outplayed by 3 rookies this year.
3.-You make it sound as if the guaranteed money on the contract they offered him was 1 million over 4 years lol, it was at the very least 20 million.

So you start by saying that nobody knows what the deal actually was...

Yet you finish it up by saying that "at the very least" it was 20 million...

lolololololollolololololol

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 10:34 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-01-2020, 09:57 PM)surfon Wrote: I thought last year the deal offered was was also 50 mil plus over the first two years.  Thats not chump change.

But is that enough for Ngakoue to "take care of his family" though? lol

(04-01-2020, 10:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Way to exaggerate things.

So you start by saying that nobody knows what the deal actually was...

Ok then, find me a deal with 19 million per year for 5 years that has less than 20 million guaranteed, I'll wait.

(04-01-2020, 10:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 09:57 PM)surfon Wrote: I thought last year the deal offered was was also 50 mil plus over the first two years.  Thats not chump change.

But is that enough for Ngakoue to "take care of his family" though? lol

(04-01-2020, 10:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So you start by saying that nobody knows what the deal actually was...

Ok then, find me a deal with 19 million per year for 5 years that has less than 20 million guaranteed, I'll wait.

So again... you say that nobody actually knows what the deal was, yet you're still trying to throw out numbers...

lolololololollololololol

(04-01-2020, 10:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: But is that enough for Ngakoue to "take care of his family" though? lol

So again... you say that nobody actually knows what the deal was, yet you're still trying to throw out numbers...

lolololololollololololol

So nothing? ok lol.

Common sense, look it up.

(04-01-2020, 10:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So again... you say that nobody actually knows what the deal was, yet you're still trying to throw out numbers...

lolololololollololololol

So nothing? ok lol.

Common sense isn't starting a post by saying that nobody knows what the deal actually was, only to end it (and continue to follow it up) with throwing out numbers of what you *assume* said deal was...

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 10:46 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-01-2020, 10:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So nothing? ok lol.

Common sense isn't starting a post by saying that nobody knows what the deal actually was, only to end it (and continue to follow it up) with throwing out numbers of what you *assume* said deal was...

I really thought you were smarter than this, I guess I was wrong.

Still waiting for that contract with 19 million over 5 years with less than 20 million guaranteed, prove they exist.

(04-01-2020, 10:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Common sense isn't starting a post by saying that nobody knows what the deal actually was, only to end it (and continue to follow it up) with throwing out numbers of what you *assume* said deal was...

I really thought you were smarter than this, I guess I was wrong.

Still waiting for that contract with 19 million over 5 years with less than 20 million guaranteed, prove they exist.

You looking in a mirror right now?

(04-01-2020, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I really thought you were smarter than this, I guess I was wrong.

You looking in a mirror right now?

Lame, goes according to your intellect though.

(04-01-2020, 10:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You looking in a mirror right now?

Lame, goes according to your intellect though.

Oh man the irony

(04-01-2020, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Who exactly said otherwise?

While we were never given specifics, nearly every major contract given by DC has had a very large percentage of the first 2 years guaranteed. The issue, if guaranteed money is was year 3 and beyond. But that is always how DC has always operated. It was even reported that the deal was structured so that YN could another big pay day after 2-3 years while still in his prime, which fits within the typical DC paradigm. 

The undercurrent from a lot of the "younger" Jags players that have not been resigned, is that they felt disrespected by that paradigm. TC just "added to the disrespect".

Losing for 2 years mainly due to a subpar QB/offense, was the final straw because a FO only gets away with all of that if you win.