Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-01-2020, 10:57 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote: No details were ever exactly given, but there were plenty of accounts that agreed he was offered a respectable AAV with almost no guarantees.

For a guy who spent 3 years demolishing his draft status and salary and has maybe a million dollars in the bank and his career is now let's say roughly 1/3 over, a deal that could easily pay him nothing if he took one wrong step or landed the wrong way one time would have been crazy.

While we were never given specifics, nearly every major contract given by DC has had a very large percentage of the first 2 years guaranteed. The issue, if guaranteed money is was year 3 and beyond. But that is always how DC has always operated. It was even reported that the deal was structured so that YN could another big pay day after 2-3 years while still in his prime, which fits within the typical DC paradigm. 

The undercurrent from a lot of the "younger" Jags players that have not been resigned, is that they felt disrespected by that paradigm. TC just "added to the disrespect".

Losing for 2 years mainly due to a subpar QB/offense, was the final straw because a FO only gets away with all of that if you win.

Which younger players were disrespected by being given lots of guaranteed money up front? Thats not based in reality. 

There was zero structural details offered (meaning the jags could have included options) + zero details on the guarantee structure, the injury structure or anything else. Also Coughlin made that their final offer super early and pissed off both Yannick and his team with how little respect they had. Which of course leads us to now where members of that front office team who disrespected Yan are still very prominent and weren't able to convince him to stay

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure what's more dissapointing. Ngakoue garishly exposing his employer, or the folks grappling over his 'why hold a man back from feeding his family' musing. What I got from it is: 'I don't care about contract details or technicalities at this point. Just let me go so I continue bringing income'. He doesn't appear to say I want more $ from you, or what you offered isn't enough to feed my family...

I imagined someone with his heritage would know better than to air out 'confidential' matters with your employer to the world. They know your stance. Why demean them before items are executed? Obviously, there's bad blood between both parties. Yet again.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 02:55 AM by knarnn.)

[Image: EUkCtIsXsAIj6RO?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EUkCtIuWsAEdu2J?format=jpg&name=medium]
What an awesome teammate he is.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Ah, the high level language of emojis. Assuming this means corny? An athlete calls his peer corny for training? Incomprehensible. We have to be missing telling parts of this bruhaha.

Anywho, crazy how we are going back in time with language dexterity. Back to imagery and hieroglyphics. Keepin' it basic.

Did Yan really just call a friend "corny" on twitter?!? HOW IS THIS MAN NOT IN JAIL FOR SUCH BAD CHARACTER!!! GET HIM OUT OF THE LEAGUE!

The exact details of his contract negotiations were posted a million times so its very easy to come to a logical conclusion. Coughlin offered him 285 million guaranteed over 4 year and he turned it down because he felt like he deserved 285.1m a year. Coughlin pleaded with him for months and months, often begging and following Yan around, constantly trying to negotiate new deals, buying him flowers, calling him up late at night just to chat and pillow talk...etc..etc.
Every player on the team loved Coughlin and he never had a single issue while he was here, a true saint through and through and guys were kicking down the front door to sign on with the Jags. Don't believe all those factual rumours the NFLPA spread like saying the Jagaurs accounted for 25% of the ENTIRE LEAGUES grievances. Fake quote from the NFLPA: "You as players may want to consider this when you have a chance to select your next club."

Yan is not worth any money, he never made a single play in his career and it looks like his arrow is pointing straight down. He wont sign a contract worth more than $31k a year, and we will NEVER get anything more than a 6th pick for him.

He called the Jaguars corny , not Smoot

(04-02-2020, 04:10 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Did Yan really just call a friend "corny" on twitter?!? HOW IS THIS MAN NOT IN JAIL FOR SUCH BAD CHARACTER!!! GET HIM OUT OF THE LEAGUE!

The exact details of his contract negotiations were posted a million times so its very easy to come to a logical conclusion. Coughlin offered him 285 million guaranteed over 4 year and he turned it down because he felt like he deserved 285.1m a year. Coughlin pleaded with him for months and months, often begging and following Yan around, constantly trying to negotiate new deals, buying him flowers, calling him up late at night just to chat and pillow talk...etc..etc.
Every player on the team loved Coughlin and he never had a single issue while he was here, a true saint through and through and guys were kicking down the front door to sign on with the Jags. Don't believe all those factual rumours the NFLPA spread like saying the Jagaurs accounted for 25% of the ENTIRE LEAGUES grievances. Fake quote from the NFLPA: "You as players may want to consider this when you have a chance to select your next club."

Yan is not worth any money, he never made a single play in his career and it looks like his arrow is pointing straight down. He wont sign a contract worth more than $31k a year, and we will NEVER get anything more than a 6th pick for him.

So much effort for so little result.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-01-2020, 01:33 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:32 PM)JagJohn Wrote: From a CBS article today about trades that should happen:

4. Jaguars trade Yannick Ngakoue to the Giants
Jaguars get: 2020 first-round pick (fourth overall), 2020 second-round pick (36th overall), 2021 second-round pick
Giants get: Yannick Ngakoue, 2020 first-round pick (ninth overall)

I'd take that...

Well....yeah.  But the Giants would have to be idiots.

Rico, I have a Dave Gettleman holding on line one....

(04-02-2020, 07:39 AM)JackCity Wrote: He called the Jaguars corny , not Smoot

Yall= you all.

(04-02-2020, 03:32 AM)BritJag Wrote: Ah, the high level language of emojis. Assuming this means corny? An athlete calls his peer corny for training? Incomprehensible. We have to be missing telling parts of this bruhaha.

Anywho, crazy how we are going back in time with language dexterity. Back to imagery and hieroglyphics. Keepin' it basic.

I read it as "Y'all 'ear?" like he has a turrible cockney accent, which one is wont to have after prolonged exposure to London, and wanted to be sure we were aware of Smoot's progress.

(04-02-2020, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Yall= you all.

[Image: d4fb01f72b8e246ff0f2a5ac2276d09f.jpg]

He was replying to a tweet from the Jaguars, not to Smoot. 

And more importantly, I'm certain TearExtractor had the sarcasm font engaged on that entire post anyway.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 08:56 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-01-2020, 06:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...5281801219

If it was never about the money then why is it that reports are coming out stating that it's just that? And if the situation was piss poorly handled? Who is to blame for that? Coughlin? He's gone. Caldwell? He's tried. He drafted you. Marrone? Per Khan he talked to the players in the locker room and by all accounts the majority of you all wanted him to stay on as the coach. 

This is my biggest pet peeve with today's age of nonsense. Either, open the [BLEEP] up about EVERYTHING and speak PLAINLY. Or don't speak or chirp up at all in "cryptic" messages like a high school D.B trying to hint at his crush or target of disgust, etc. 

Grow the [BLEEP] up Yawn.

(04-02-2020, 02:54 AM)knarnn Wrote: [Image: EUkCtIsXsAIj6RO?format=jpg&name=large]

Again. Yawn showing that he needs to grow up. His situation has nothing to do with Smoot. And here it is the team is publicly supporting a guy who came on strong last year for the team and put in a lot of work and he's showing you now that he's putting in the work. 

But the "team" is corny now for supporting it's players. This is my problem with Yawn right now. The B.S. The D.B tendencies.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 09:10 AM by JackCity.)

(04-02-2020, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Yall= you all.

You all = The Jaguars franchise, not Smoot 

Smoot and Yan are pals

I love how dramatic Jaguars fans are being with this whole Yannick situation, while also calling him too dramatic. Makes for quite the dichotomy

(04-02-2020, 09:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yall= you all.

Smoot and Yan are pals

I love how dramatic Jaguars fans are being with this whole Yannick situation, while also calling him too dramatic. Makes for quite the dichotomy

Fans=dramatic
its understandable

Yan can go after the orginization, but leave the players and fans out of it. He just collateraled Smoot, even though his ire wasnt directed towards him.

(04-02-2020, 09:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yall= you all.

Smoot and Yan are pals

Well if he'd keep his [BLEEP] mouth shut and stop making public comments the 'drama' wouldn't be happening now would it?

What purpose does it serve.  Easy answer = zero.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Fans call jaguars PR corny all the time.

Yan does it and he's a villain.

LOL

The number of purely invented narratives, fictional contract offer details, and assumed personality issues concerning this dude are hilarious.
I've never seen so many grown folk overanalyze the tweets of a 24/25 year old so horribly.
Sheesh. Relax a little bit, Jags fans.

(04-02-2020, 08:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 06:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...5281801219

If it was never about the money then why is it that reports are coming out stating that it's just that? And if the situation was piss poorly handled? Who is to blame for that? Coughlin? He's gone. Caldwell? He's tried. He drafted you. Marrone? Per Khan he talked to the players in the locker room and by all accounts the majority of you all wanted him to stay on as the coach. 

This is my biggest pet peeve with today's age of nonsense. Either, open the [BLEEP] up about EVERYTHING and speak PLAINLY. Or don't speak or chirp up at all in "cryptic" messages like a high school D.B trying to hint at his crush or target of disgust, etc. 

Grow the [BLEEP] up Yawn.

(04-02-2020, 02:54 AM)knarnn Wrote: [Image: EUkCtIsXsAIj6RO?format=jpg&name=large]

Again. Yawn showing that he needs to grow up. His situation has nothing to do with Smoot. And here it is the team is publicly supporting a guy who came on strong last year for the team and put in a lot of work and he's showing you now that he's putting in the work. 

But the "team" is corny now for supporting it's players. This is my problem with Yawn right now. The B.S. The D.B tendencies.
This ^ If his problem is he feels like the Jaguars dont value their players then he should be happy that they are trying to do that now.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(04-02-2020, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fans call jaguars PR corny all the time.

LOL

The number of purely invented narratives, fictional contract offer details, and assumed personality issues concerning this dude are hilarious.
I've never seen so many grown folk overanalyze the tweets of a 24/25 year old so horribly.
Sheesh.  Relax a little bit, Jags fans.

The difference is the fans are doing it in a joking giving your buddy a hard time way and Yannick is doing it in a I'm butt hurt let me throw a toddler fit type of way.

Also not sure blasting your current employer while looking your future employer is the best way to go about things. Fans are always going to go overboard because they are passionate about their team, they bought his merchandise gave him support and even were on his side for most of this and all he keeps doing is putting the team on blast and whining about still being on the team.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(04-02-2020, 03:32 AM)BritJag Wrote: Ah, the high level language of emojis. Assuming this means corny? An athlete calls his peer corny for training? Incomprehensible. We have to be missing telling parts of this bruhaha.

I had this conversation with the family last night.  I said the Egyptians use to have a wonderful written language and then they evolved to hieroglyphics and we are doing the same.

Not sure how I would emoji this statement..   maybe just eyerolling or something.  Who knows.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-02-2020, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fans call jaguars PR corny all the time.

LOL

Sheesh.  Relax a little bit, Jags fans.

Please. Is he a kid or an adult? You are in the middle of a publicized contract dispute with your employer. Your career path may change soon. You don't troll or ridicule your employer via a public online forum. How does that appeal to your future team? He shouldn't be exempt from displaying basic decency, and common sense.

I reckon folks are just discussing what's on hand without much care either way. Perhaps that's just me.