Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

Yan's problems with feeding his family are so irrelevant to me right now. I am from the health care industry and many of my friends and their wives, wonderful nurses, respiratory therapists, etc. are going to work every day in dangerous, dangerous conditions. They are literally risking their lives daily.

I don't care if he and his family starve.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2020, 11:18 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fans call jaguars PR corny all the time.

Yan does it and he's a villain.

LOL

The number of purely invented narratives, fictional contract offer details, and assumed personality issues concerning this dude are hilarious.
I've never seen so many grown folk overanalyze the tweets of a 24/25 year old so horribly.
Sheesh.  Relax a little bit, Jags fans.

Please. Is he a kid or an adult? You are in the middle of a publicized contract dispute with your employer. Your career path may change soon. You don't troll or ridicule your employer via a public online forum. How does that appeal to your future team? He shouldn't be exempt from displaying basic decency, and common sense.

I reckon folks are just discussing what's on hand without much care either way. Perhaps that's just me.

Exactly. Yawn's being a clown at this point. It has nothing to do with the fans. This is the same exact B.S that Ramsey pulled last year to get his way. And Yawn is essentially doing the same exact thing. I'll give him some credit for waiting until the off season at least. But he's still being a clown nonetheless. 

There's a right and wrong way of going about most things in life. Clearly Yawn is going the wrong way about it. His character all of a sudden took a nose dive. He's never acted like this before publicly. So there's clearly a difference there in motives now. He wants out. Caldwell and Co. want adequate compensation and rightfully so. 

The ball is pretty much in his court at this time along with his agent. Unless the front office gets a phone call that they view favorably? He's stuck in Jacksonville whether he likes it or not. And he can choose to play or not play whether he likes it or not. 

Regardless. Acting like a clown via social media doesn't help his cause.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 01:04 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-02-2020, 11:21 AM)PF* Wrote: Yan's problems with feeding his family are so irrelevant to me right now. I am from the health care industry and many of my friends and their wives, wonderful nurses, respiratory therapists, etc. are going to work every day in dangerous, dangerous conditions. They are literally risking their lives daily.

Agreed. 110%. My mother in law is in the health care industry. She's a director of nurses and this [BLEEP] is mentally and physically breaking her. This is a woman who survived war times and saw her country [BLEEP] ripped apart. And this has been as bad as it's been in a long, long time for her and my wife's family. 

Waiting on my wife to pop any minute with our first child as well. This [BLEEP] guy's over here crying like a rodeo clown through Twitter and talking about feeding his family as if he wasn't awarded a handsome sum of money during his rookie contract or any side deals he's made with various companies. 

These athletes are spoiled [BLEEP] rotten. Tired of people bowing down to these [BLEEP]. They're not role models. They're not god's. They're not heroes. Your real heroes are out there right now working around the clock to save lives and figure out how to stop this pandemic. 

He's probably sitting on his couch right now playing Madden 2020. Or getting paid to stay in shape. Must be a real hard, hard life. I am sure. As far as any fan taking his side? [BLEEP] you too. TEAM first. PLAYERS second. Golden rule of any sport.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

First and foremost I hope that Yan moves past this current mindset. He has been regarded as a complete professional for his career to this point. Sacrificing any shred of that only turns more fans against him and more importantly hurts his opportunities for financial gain in the future. Not to mention it hurts our ability to trade him and give him what he wants.

I wish him success, even if he still wants out of the organization, he is on my team until he isn't. I think he will play under the tag and I will cheer for him as always. He would be foolish to sacrifice any game checks by sitting out the season. The money will not miraculously show up next year and make up the difference. If he plays well next year the Jags could give him his wish and tag/ deal him or if the Jags do well maybe he will be more inclined to stick around. If he performs well and the Jags do poorly overall, we will see a massive organizational change, so he would be able to get a fresh start with a new organization.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 01:31 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-02-2020, 12:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:18 AM)BritJag Wrote: Please. Is he a kid or an adult? You are in the middle of a publicized contract dispute with your employer. Your career path may change soon. You don't troll or ridicule your employer via a public online forum. How does that appeal to your future team? He shouldn't be exempt from displaying basic decency, and common sense.

I reckon folks are just discussing what's on hand without much care either way. Perhaps that's just me.

Exactly. Yawn's being a clown at this point. It has nothing to do with the fans. This is the same exact B.S that Ramsey pulled last year to get his way. And Yawn is essentially doing the same exact thing. I'll give him some credit for waiting until the off season at least. But he's still being a clown nonetheless. 

There's a right and wrong way of going about most things in life. Clearly Yawn is going the wrong way about it. His character all of a sudden took a nose dive. He's never acted like this before publicly. So there's clearly a difference there in motives now. He wants out. Caldwell and Co. want adequate compensation and rightfully so. 

The ball is pretty much in his court at this time along with his agent. Unless the front office gets a phone call that they view favorably? He's stuck in Jacksonville whether he likes it or not. And he can choose to play or not play whether he likes it or not. 

Regardless. Acting like a clown via social media doesn't help his cause.

(04-02-2020, 01:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:21 AM)PF* Wrote: Yan's problems with feeding his family are so irrelevant to me right now. I am from the health care industry and many of my friends and their wives, wonderful nurses, respiratory therapists, etc. are going to work every day in dangerous, dangerous conditions. They are literally risking their lives daily.

Agreed. 110%. My mother in law is in the health care industry. She's a director of nurses and this [BLEEP] is mentally and physically breaking her. This is a woman who survived war times and saw her country [BLEEP] ripped apart. And this has been as bad as it's been in a long, long time for her and my wife's family. 

Waiting on my wife to pop any minute with our first child as well. This [BLEEP] guy's over here crying like a rodeo clown through Twitter and talking about feeding his family as if he wasn't awarded a handsome sum of money during his rookie contract or any side deals he's made with various companies. 

These athletes are spoiled [BLEEP] rotten. Tired of people bowing down to these [BLEEP]. They're not role models. They're not god's. They're not heroes. Your real heroes are out there right now working around the clock to save lives and figure out how to stop this pandemic. 

He's probably sitting on his couch right now playing Madden 2020. Or getting paid to stay in shape. Must be a real hard, hard life. I am sure. As far as any fan taking his side? [BLEEP] you too. TEAM first. PLAYERS second. Golden rule of any sport.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Congrats on having your first child!

(04-02-2020, 01:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Agree with your thoughts on Yan. More importantly, best of luck on the arrival of your first child. It will be the best day of your life (as it was for me and every other parent) so enjoy it. My thoughts are with your mother-in-law during these tough times. I'm sure the birth of her grandchild will pick her up greatly.

https://twitter.com/yannickngakoue/statu...96704?s=21

Rome goes on to read the Albert Breer report about the issues with Coughlin.

Coughlin was fired...

So what exactly is the issue again?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

This situation is only going to get more dicey as this stalemate is dragged out further.

While I appreciate Yan's talent on the field and thought that he should have gotten paid initially, I called it out in the other thread saying that his antics would most likely devolve into another Jalen Ramsey scenario if left fettered. Sure, its not that bad yet but in the event that he is not traded he will most likely pull the same shenanigans.

It was clear once he decided to "bet on himself" that his playing days, according to him, were over here in Jax. Once this season was over, he was ready to be shipped out to another team - and since that has not happened yet, his raw emotions are seeping through his cryptic messages on Twitter.

This situation is only going to get worse the longer he is here and the best thing we can do is trade him, which we are actively trying to do, but he won't be here on this team next year mentally or emotionally even if he is present physically. Sad it has gotten to this point as I wish Coughlin never really screwed things up intially, but it is what it is at this point and we have to maximize everything we can to move forward with our outlook.

The Jaguars have more leverage than Yannick Ngakoue does. If the team doesn't get a trade offer they consider in the best interest of the franchise, they can wait until after the draft and well beyond. The need for a differential edge rusher is going to exist for a number of teams after the draft. With some teams having that need the day of the NFL Trade Deadline.

Can he even be traded without signing the free agent contract first? How does injury play into this if not under contract?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-02-2020, 02:27 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/yannickngakoue/statu...96704?s=21

Rome goes on to read the Albert Breer report about the issues with Coughlin.

Coughlin was fired...

So what exactly is the issue again?

Doesn't matter no one does any research or work.  Perception is reality when you don't want to do some background.  We will be considered a poor franchise until things change.  Until then.. well more of this is going to continue.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Well if Rome said it it has to be true.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 03:26 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/statu...49856?s=21

It has begun.

(04-02-2020, 03:18 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Well if Rome said it it has to be true.
It is true. 

So much so that Yannick literally tweeted that he hit the nail on the head lol
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-02-2020, 03:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/statu...49856?s=21

It has begun.

Is that new?  Weren't we always looking for at least a first round pick?

If you can get that #4 pick from the Giants, someone will give you a haul of picks for one of those QB's

I mean this is a deep class, but we should also be thinking about 2021 as well.

On the other hand

Brown, Thomas, and Ruggs would be a pretty darn good 1st Round

(04-02-2020, 02:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Can he even be traded without signing the free agent contract first? How does injury play into this if not under contract?

Yan is not under contract currently with the Jags, and therefore can not be traded until he signs the franchise tag offer (or similar contract) giving the Jags current "ownership" of Yan for trade purpose to the new acquiring team.  As he is currently not under contract, not signed the franchise tag offer, if he gets injured, nothing is owed to Yan and the tag offer would be rescinded.  However, once Yan signs the tag offer, he is guaranteed the $17.8m salary, even if he gets injured.

(04-02-2020, 03:41 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 03:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/statu...49856?s=21

It has begun.

Is that new?  Weren't we always looking for at least a first round pick?

This is the first they’ve put out there they will entertain offers.

(04-02-2020, 04:22 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 03:41 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Is that new?  Weren't we always looking for at least a first round pick?

This is the first they’ve put out there they will entertain offers.

I interpreted it as the Jags are saying in order to discuss a trade with us your offer needs to begin with at least a 1st and more. Not that they are just beginning to field offers. There have been contradictory reports about if we have or haven't had trade talks going backs weeks so who knows for sure.

I've never seen Yan as a problem-maker. He's certainly becoming one.

If he's going to say all this about how the Jags' FO is / was a problem, then he's expected to say how it is / was a problem. He knows the Jags aren't going to say it, so he's hiding behind the fact that no one but him and the FO knows the situation. It seems like he lied about it not being about money; I'm not going to just trust him about everything else.