Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-02-2020, 04:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 04:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: This is the first they’ve put out there they will entertain offers.

I interpreted it as the Jags are saying in order to discuss a trade with us your offer needs to begin with at least a 1st and more. Not that they are just beginning to field offers. There have been contradictory reports about if we have or haven't had trade talks going backs weeks so who knows for sure.

Yeah it’s just a bunch of rumors right now but one thing is for sure. If you plan on calling Caldwell’s phone about Yan, you better be willing to part with your first.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2020, 03:42 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: If you can get that #4 pick from the Giants, someone will give you a haul of picks for one of those QB's

This is an interesting point. I think you would have to more than likely swap the 4th pick for Ngakoue + the 9th pick to gain it. And then you would have to then hope and pray like hell that a team like Miami is sweating bullets while sitting there with the 5th pick. 

Because realistically you just never know with this team. Maybe they DO want to bluff someone into thinking we want Tagovailoa. Maybe they want to bluff another team into thinking they're high on Herbert. 

It's just too tough to call and smokescreen that though. They did trade Foles. And they only invested a 6th RD pick in Minshew the year before and with Caldwell and Marrone's [BLEEP] on the line they might be tempted to get a QB they think has big play ability and can unseat Minshew right away during training camp and pre season. 

I really think they could maybe fleece the Dolphins for the 26th and 70th overall selections for Ngakoue. And I like that more than giving up the 9th selection on the idea of a major leap of faith of other teams calling to come up for a QB. 

The Giants have Daniel Jones. They also hold a potential trading scenario for themselves that doesn't involve that need for Ngakoue. But I would be content with the 26th and 70th overall selections for Ngakoue.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-02-2020, 04:22 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 03:41 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Is that new?  Weren't we always looking for at least a first round pick?

This is the first they’ve put out there they will entertain offers.

Already been out there for every team

We should call the Jets and offer Yan for Adams straight up. I doubt they would do that though

(04-02-2020, 11:18 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fans call jaguars PR corny all the time.

Yan does it and he's a villain.

LOL

The number of purely invented narratives, fictional contract offer details, and assumed personality issues concerning this dude are hilarious.
I've never seen so many grown folk overanalyze the tweets of a 24/25 year old so horribly.
Sheesh.  Relax a little bit, Jags fans.

Please. Is he a kid or an adult? You are in the middle of a publicized contract dispute with your employer. Your career path may change soon. You don't troll or ridicule your employer via a public online forum. How does that appeal to your future team? He shouldn't be exempt from displaying basic decency, and common sense.

I reckon folks are just discussing what's on hand without much care either way. Perhaps that's just me.

The short answer is that he's somewhere in between. Obviously, the ideal would be him behaving more reasonably. The current landscape of pro athletes' behavior and contract negotiation shows us that is becoming less and less common each year.

The point I'm (apparently poorly) attempting to make is that the social media content of 25 year old athletes - when put under a microscope by more mature thinkers - is a [BLEEP] minefield of misinterpretation.

(04-02-2020, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:18 AM)BritJag Wrote: Please. Is he a kid or an adult? You are in the middle of a publicized contract dispute with your employer. Your career path may change soon. You don't troll or ridicule your employer via a public online forum. How does that appeal to your future team? He shouldn't be exempt from displaying basic decency, and common sense.

I reckon folks are just discussing what's on hand without much care either way. Perhaps that's just me.

The short answer is that he's somewhere in between. Obviously, the ideal would be him behaving more reasonably. The current landscape of pro athletes' behavior and contract negotiation shows us that is becoming less and less common each year.

The point I'm (apparently poorly) attempting to make is that the social media content of 25 year old athletes - when put under a microscope by more mature thinkers - is a [BLEEP] minefield of misinterpretation.

Sadly, it's not just 25 year olds, nor are athletes guilty of it any more than numerous actors, musicians, celebrities, etc.  None seem bright enough to take an objective look at their material before posting.  The two step process of deciding; 
        #1, How does this sound to those who will read it and,
        #2  Is that the message I want to send
doesn't even seem to enter their thought process.  Frankly, I just don't understand their obsession with social media.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 11:59 PM by Hard_Eight.)

(03-31-2020, 02:11 PM)Newton Wrote: Hopefully we trade him. We have to improve the team culture, and these me first malcontents need to go. Guys like Calais asked for the money the right way. Wish we had kept him and traded 91.
Amen, though we apparently granted Calais' request and sent him to Baltimore though he actually had better contract offers elsewhere.
(04-02-2020, 01:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:21 AM)PF* Wrote: Yan's problems with feeding his family are so irrelevant to me right now. I am from the health care industry and many of my friends and their wives, wonderful nurses, respiratory therapists, etc. are going to work every day in dangerous, dangerous conditions. They are literally risking their lives daily.

I don't care if he and his family starve.

Agreed. 110%. My mother in law is in the health care industry. She's a director of nurses and this [BLEEP] is mentally and physically breaking her. This is a woman who survived war times and saw her country [BLEEP] ripped apart. And this has been as bad as it's been in a long, long time for her and my wife's family. 

Waiting on my wife to pop any minute with our first child as well. This [BLEEP] guy's over here crying like a rodeo clown through Twitter and talking about feeding his family as if he wasn't awarded a handsome sum of money during his rookie contract or any side deals he's made with various companies. 

These athletes are spoiled [BLEEP] rotten. Tired of people bowing down to these [BLEEP]. They're not role models. They're not god's. They're not heroes. Your real heroes are out there right now working around the clock to save lives and figure out how to stop this pandemic. 

He's probably sitting on his couch right now playing Madden 2020. Or getting paid to stay in shape. Must be a real hard, hard life. I am sure. As far as any fan taking his side? [BLEEP] you too. TEAM first. PLAYERS second. Golden rule of any sport.
[BLEEP] Yawn
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(04-03-2020, 05:45 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...3484634117

I think the bench needs pass rush if he isn’t going to play.

(04-03-2020, 05:45 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...3484634117

Wow lol

(04-03-2020, 10:37 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Wow lol

He is trying so hard to stay relevant right now.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

A memo to Yannick... I was once a fan of yours but while sitting at home because of kidney failure and not being able to seek additional income to support my family why should I be concerned about you, a rich person. Your moaning and groaning is becoming a bit much.

Yannick is responsible for covid19. He doesnt deserve any kind of contract that would pay him more than I make at my job. I have a preexisting illness and thats his fault to.

(04-03-2020, 11:20 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Yannick is responsible for covid19. He doesnt deserve any kind of contract that would pay him more than I make at my job. I have a preexisting illness and thats his fault to.

I thought about responding to your sarcastic post, but decided it's not worth it.

(04-03-2020, 11:58 AM)jagman Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:20 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Yannick is responsible for covid19. He doesnt deserve any kind of contract that would pay him more than I make at my job. I have a preexisting illness and thats his fault to.

I thought about responding to your sarcastic post, but decided it's not worth it.

Certainly you made the right call.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hes crying about supporting his family and then turned down 17-19 mil last year and hasnt signed the tag that would pay him around 18 mil. Idiot. He should look I'm the mirror when whining about supporting his family. He has let his own family down.

I think these guys deserve to be paid well, because football is tough on the body. However, a lot of other people do dangerous jobs for a lot less. At the end of the day, I hope a solution is reached that is beneficial for all sides, and I for one would welcome a change of heart or decent draft compensation (high second round or higher).

(04-03-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes crying about supporting his family and then turned down 17-19 mil last year and hasnt signed the tag that would pay him around 18 mil.  Idiot.  He should look I'm the mirror when whining about supporting his family.  He has let his own family down.
You’re so dramatic.

How has he let his family down? He will either sign the tag and play in Jacksonville or he’s traded and signs a big deal. Either way, he will be paid. 

“Let his own family down.” Lol Drama Queen.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 12:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-03-2020, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes crying about supporting his family and then turned down 17-19 mil last year and hasnt signed the tag that would pay him around 18 mil.  Idiot.  He should look I'm the mirror when whining about supporting his family.  He has let his own family down.
You’re so dramatic.

How has he let his family down? He will either sign the tag and play in Jacksonville or he’s traded and signs a big deal. Either way, he will be paid. 

If he is worried about not being able to feed his family.  I'd say Yan is the drama queen lol.  He is the one that said it.  I guess you havent seen his post as of late but drama queen sounds like the right term for Yan, I'm glad you brought that up.

(04-03-2020, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
You’re so dramatic.

That still doesn't make up for the 17-19 mil he lost last year.

(04-03-2020, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re so dramatic.

If he is worried about not being able to feed his family.  I'd say Yan is the drama queen lol.  He is the one that said it.  I guess you havent seen his post as of late but drama queen sounds like the right term for Yan, I'm glad you brought that up.
I really don’t care what Yan does on social media.

If he ends up playing here, the majority of you will change your tune on him. If he doesn’t play here, who cares?

But to say he “let his family down” is dramatic but I’m not shocked you said it.