Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 01:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-03-2020, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he is worried about not being able to feed his family.  I'd say Yan is the drama queen lol.  He is the one that said it.  I guess you havent seen his post as of late but drama queen sounds like the right term for Yan, I'm glad you brought that up.
I really don’t care what Yan does on social media.

If he ends up playing here, the majority of you will change your tune on him. If he doesn’t play here, who cares?

But to say he “let his family down” is dramatic but I’m not shocked you said it.

17-19 mil they lost last year.  They would be sitting very nice right now.  An how do you know he will sign the tag?  He could sit out and loose another 18 mil.  If I cost my family close to 20 mil i would feel i let them down a bit especially if i haven't  even gotten a big contract yet

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2020, 11:03 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 10:37 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Wow lol

He is trying so hard to stay relevant right now.

At least he didn't say "who needs elite pass rush?" or "who needs a complete DE?"  Laughing

I don't care what he says on social media. Because I know when it comes to game day, he will put his feelings aside and ball out.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Smoot took your job you ded to me yannick

Yeah, Yan has been weird with this whole thing. I'd love to get that first rounder out of him and be done with the situation. He's a great player, but he's been the 2nd best pass rusher on our team for about 3 consecutive years now with Josh Allen and Calais.

(04-03-2020, 01:00 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:03 AM)NCJag Wrote: He is trying so hard to stay relevant right now.

At least he didn't say "who needs elite pass rush?" or "who needs a complete DE?"  Laughing

+1
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-03-2020, 01:00 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:03 AM)NCJag Wrote: He is trying so hard to stay relevant right now.

True lol

(04-03-2020, 03:41 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: Yeah, Yan has been weird with this whole thing. I'd love to get that first rounder out of him and be done with the situation. He's a great player, but he's been the 2nd best pass rusher on our team for about 3 consecutive years now with Josh Allen and Calais.

Nice point. The national media panning the Jags for holding their ground on not overpaying are sleeping on Allen. He's the next Von Miller/Jevon Kearse.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Throwback tweet. My how things have changed:

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...48737?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-03-2020, 04:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: Throwback tweet. My how things have changed:

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...48737?s=21

woah I read that and thought he had JUST said that, I was like yeeeesh little bipolar much Yannick

(04-03-2020, 01:36 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Smoot took your job you ded to me yannick

Dey terk er jerbs!

It’s all Jalen Ramsey that’s what changed him he really destroyed this team what a cancer he really was. He’s doing it because he isn’t there and it would kill him to see his old teammates be successful after all that and him be stuck on a crap team. That’s the type of person he is that’s why he keeps making it sound like it’s so much better out of Jacksonville like he won. What a loser. He’s still in Leonard’s ear too he’ll be the last of the crew that has to get axed because of Jalen.

(04-03-2020, 07:56 PM)PAJag Wrote: It’s all Jalen Ramsey that’s what changed him he really destroyed this team what a cancer he really was. He’s doing it because he isn’t there and it would kill him to see his old teammates be successful after all that and him be stuck on a crap team. That’s the type of person he is that’s why he keeps making it sound like it’s so much better out of Jacksonville like he won. What a loser. He’s still in Leonard’s ear too he’ll be the last of the crew that has to get axed because of Jalen.

Leonard has zero leverage because of his position and relative lack of production. If he wants a big contract with a second team, he has to produce this year. I doubt the Jags will be re-signing him. Running backs who get meaty second deals are like Henry or Elliott. Aside from those outliers, the rest are like rented mules.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-03-2020, 09:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 07:56 PM)PAJag Wrote: It’s all Jalen Ramsey that’s what changed him he really destroyed this team what a cancer he really was. He’s doing it because he isn’t there and it would kill him to see his old teammates be successful after all that and him be stuck on a crap team. That’s the type of person he is that’s why he keeps making it sound like it’s so much better out of Jacksonville like he won. What a loser. He’s still in Leonard’s ear too he’ll be the last of the crew that has to get axed because of Jalen.

Leonard has zero leverage because of his position and relative lack of production. If he wants a big contract with a second team, he has to produce this year. I doubt the Jags will be re-signing him. Running backs who get meaty second deals are like Henry or Elliott. Aside from those outliers, the rest are like rented mules.

Leonard's lack of production?  I'm not saying we should re-sign the guy, but that statement is just wrong. 

1152 rushing yards
76 receptions for 522 yards

That's not a lack of production.

(04-04-2020, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 09:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Leonard has zero leverage because of his position and relative lack of production. If he wants a big contract with a second team, he has to produce this year. I doubt the Jags will be re-signing him. Running backs who get meaty second deals are like Henry or Elliott. Aside from those outliers, the rest are like rented mules.

Leonard's lack of production?  I'm not saying we should re-sign the guy, but that statement is just wrong. 

1152 rushing yards

3 TD really says it all. It was a very low impact 1150 yard rushing season.

(04-04-2020, 09:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Leonard's lack of production?  I'm not saying we should re-sign the guy, but that statement is just wrong. 

1152 rushing yards

3 TD really says it all. It was a very low impact 1150 yard rushing season.

That has far more to due with our red zone scheme than Leonard's actually ability to score.  He had 9 TDs his rookie year.

(04-04-2020, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 09:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Leonard has zero leverage because of his position and relative lack of production. If he wants a big contract with a second team, he has to produce this year. I doubt the Jags will be re-signing him. Running backs who get meaty second deals are like Henry or Elliott. Aside from those outliers, the rest are like rented mules.

1152 rushing yards

There has been maybe 1 or 2 rb that is worth a second contract and he is not one for sure.

(04-04-2020, 10:03 AM)uthill Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Leonard's lack of production?  I'm not saying we should re-sign the guy, but that statement is just wrong. 

1152 rushing yards

There has been maybe 1 or 2 rb that is worth a second contract and he is not one for sure.

I agree.  Or, you agreed with me.  See what I wrote above.  "I'm not saying we should re-sign the guy..." ^^^

It don’t think fournette is an issue for this team going into the 2020 season. He is an above average back. However, improving run blocking is extremely important for us to have more success as a team. Fournette is probably on a different team in 2021, but who knows, there is a lot left to potentially play out.

I will be furious with Caldwell if he doesn't get at least a first-round pick from the trade. Yan is a young player and makes turnovers. I really wish he'd stay here. But if they don't get a first-round pick for him, he can sit all year, or play as a Jag. It's up to him.