Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-07-2020, 03:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tell us how you really feel. Do you feel better calling him names now?

It's not name calling. It's calling things as I see it. He's behavior through social media warrants that label. He has an inflated ego and sense of value. Would it make you feel better if I called him "arrogant" instead?

Dont talk about the way Ramsey or Yan really are or say who they are.  Cleatwood gets in his feelings like you're talking about one of his ex's that hes still in love with

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-07-2020, 03:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 03:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's not name calling. It's calling things as I see it. He's behavior through social media warrants that label. He has an inflated ego and sense of value. Would it make you feel better if I called him "arrogant" instead?

Dont talk about the way Ramsey or Yan really are or say who they are.  Cleatwood gets in his feelings like you're talking about one of his ex's that hes still in love with
Its nice and cozy in your head. Thanks for always thinking of me!

Yawnick Clowngakoue is out of his mind.

At least Ramsey has top 3 talent, Yawn is not even close, he got his sacks mostly vs crappy teams and backups this season lol.

(04-07-2020, 03:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tell us how you really feel. Do you feel better calling him names now?

It's not name calling. It's calling things as I see it. His behavior through social media warrants that label. He has an inflated ego and sense of value. Would it make you feel better if I called him "arrogant" instead?

Who cares how he acts on social media? I certainly don't. Why? Because on game day, he plays his [BLEEP] off.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 04:11 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-07-2020, 03:44 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 03:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's not name calling. It's calling things as I see it. His behavior through social media warrants that label. He has an inflated ego and sense of value. Would it make you feel better if I called him "arrogant" instead?

Who cares how he acts on social media? I certainly don't. Why? Because on game day, he plays his [BLEEP] off.

He's not top three good. And he's not a complete enough player at this position to justify that kind of cap hit. Again, if he was as good as he proclaims to be and self advertises there would have been a substantial offer made by now from a team in need during a pass happy era of football. 

I genuinely think teams are being cautious because you have to go back and look at 2017 and factor in the talent that was on this roster overall. It's easy to get after the QB when you're still relatively unknown going into year two and you have two Pro-Bowl caliber players playing alongside you between Campbell and Jackson and at that time, easily, EASILY the best CB tandem. 

He's been a good player. But a lot of you folks on here are painting him out to be some type of J.J Watt, Reggie White or Bruce Smith like deity at the position. Enough with the nonsense already.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This is the first i've heard of any player unhappy with this organization. Must be some kind of conspiracy hes trying to start. There is already rumors swirling about how many of the top 10 draft picks are gonna refuse to play unless its in Jacksonville.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ng-culture

Yannick Ngakoue continues his campaign to get out of Jacksonville.

The franchise-tagged pass-rusher reiterated his desire for the Jags to move on Tuesday on ESPN.

"(Talks on a long-term contract) kind of broke off," he said. "Everything happens for a reason, and not everything lasts forever. Things come to an end, and it's time for me to move on to the next chapter of my career. And I'm forever thankful for what Jacksonville has brought to me and my family, but it's time to move on."

The Jags squatted on Ngakoue's rights by placing the franchise tag on the edge rusher. That hasn't stopped him from continuously pushing for a trade.

Asked what type of team he'd like to play for, Ngakoue's response reads as a shot at the team he's played for the past four seasons.

"I'm not really sure what team I will be landing at, but what type of team that I would love to join is a team that has great culture," he said. "I really want to be part of a team that has great culture and winning is a habit. I don't want to be part of a team that losing is a norm or anything of that nature. I want to be part of something special. Also, I just want to go to a place where I can make a great impact on the community, and just reach out to younger people that look up to me."

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported last week that the Jags have heard from multiple teams about possibly trading for Ngakoue, but Jacksonville won't give him away for little return.

The 25-year-old who compiled 37.5 sacks in four seasons with the Jags made his pitch to any team considering trading valuable assets.

"The first thing I would say to any (of the) 31 teams that would like to take me during the draft. I bring just a different a presence in the locker room, not just on the field," he said. "You can reach out to anybody that's ever played with me in Jacksonville the kind of intensity and aggressiveness I bring is different. In my opinion, I'm a top-five defensive end in this league -- top-three -- my play hasn't been able to be seen like that playing in Jacksonville -- not having too many prime-time games. So, if I ended up landing on a team that's prime-time, hopefully, I can show the world what I can do."

With the Jags holding out for a bounty of picks in exchange for the young edge-disruptor and Ngakoue continuing to push for his departure, things could come to a head as we get closer to the NFL Draft, which begins April 23.

Dude is a complete joke.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 04:22 PM by p_rushing.)

Winning teams don't usually have money to pay $20 million to a 1 trick DE.

(04-07-2020, 04:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 03:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: Who cares how he acts on social media? I certainly don't. Why? Because on game day, he plays his [BLEEP] off.

He's not top three good. And he's not a complete enough player at this position to justify that kind of cap hit. Again, if he was as good as he proclaims to be and self advertises there would have been a substantial offer made by now from a team in need during a pass happy era of football. 

I genuinely think teams are being cautious because you have to go back and look at 2017 and factor in the talent that was on this roster overall. It's easy to get after the QB when you're still relatively unknown going into year two and you have two Pro-Bowl caliber players playing alongside you between Campbell and Jackson and at that time, easily, EASILY the best CB tandem. 

He's been a good player. But a lot of you folks on here are painting him out to be some type of J.J Watt, Reggie White or Bruce Smith like deity at the position. Enough with the nonsense already.
And none of that has anything to do with calling him a “douche” or his social media.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 06:33 PM by PF*.)

Wow, he's starting to sound a little desperate.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-07-2020, 04:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's not top three good. And he's not a complete enough player at this position to justify that kind of cap hit. Again, if he was as good as he proclaims to be and self advertises there would have been a substantial offer made by now from a team in need during a pass happy era of football. 

And none of that has anything to do with calling him a “douche” or his social media.

Sorry. His "Arrogance".

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Funny how polarizing Ngakoue has become.

Regardless of your stance on the guy and his desire to leave, you have to admit it's pretty funny to see so many criticizing him for saying the exact same things about the Jags that they themselves have posted here dozens of times.

"The coaching isn't good."
"The culture isn't about winning"
"We never get any prime time exposure"

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 04:48 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-07-2020, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Funny how polarizing Ngakoue has become.

Regardless of your stance on the guy and his desire to leave, you have to admit it's pretty funny to see so many criticizing him for saying the exact same things about the Jags that they themselves have posted here dozens of times.

He's not wrong. That's where I am trying to determine the disconnect. Again, Marrone was "fired" according to the MSM last year in December. The Con's then come back and say that's not the case. Apparently Con Sr. proceeds to talk to players within the locker room and supposedly the majority ruled in favor of Marrone keeping his job. 

Coughlin was offered up as the primary scapegoat for everyone's issues within the locker room and front office. There were numerous reports that were going around about coaches finger pointing at the scouting department, etc. 

SO. . . If Coughlin was the primary issue last year. And the players were supportive of Marrone staying this year? Where's the disconnect? What's the hold up? This sounds like a teenager getting mad at his mother or brother when his father was the one kicking his teeth in every day after school. They then run away from him and the teenager still has a problem.

(04-07-2020, 04:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Funny how polarizing Ngakoue has become.

He's not wrong. That's where I am trying to determine the disconnect. Again, Marrone was "fired" according to the MSM last year in December. The Con's then come back and say that's not the case. Apparently Con Sr. proceeds to talk to players within the locker room and supposedly the majority ruled in favor of Marrone keeping his job. 

Coughlin was offered up as the primary scapegoat for everyone's issues within the locker room and front office. There were numerous reports that were going around about coaches finger pointing at the scouting department, etc. 

SO. . . If Coughlin was the primary issue last year. And the players were supportive of Marrone staying this year? Where's the disconnect? What's the hold up? This sounds like a teenager getting mad at his mother or brother when his father was the one kicking his teeth in every day after school. They then run away from him and the teenager still has a problem.

He really wants to play somewhere else. 

I think it's just that simple. 

No need to figure out any deep underlying plot.

Coughlin lowballed, Marrone/Wash don't inspire,  and he's got larger-market stars in his eyes.  End of story. 
Is he being selfish and a bit naive about his value?  Sure.  Not terribly uncommon, really.

(04-07-2020, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's not wrong. That's where I am trying to determine the disconnect. Again, Marrone was "fired" according to the MSM last year in December. The Con's then come back and say that's not the case. Apparently Con Sr. proceeds to talk to players within the locker room and supposedly the majority ruled in favor of Marrone keeping his job. 

He really wants to play somewhere else. 

I think it's just that simple. 

No need to figure out any deep underlying plot.

Coughlin lowballed, Marrone/Wash don't inspire,  and he's got larger-market stars in his eyes.  End of story. 
Is he being selfish and a bit naive about his value?  Sure.  Not terribly uncommon, really.

True. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yan doesn't really matter at this point anyways. Jags will live or die by Minshew. If anything try to trade him for picks next year in case we need to trade up for a QB.

At this point I'm just ready to get the news of the trade. He will obviously get more and more toxic as time goes on. He's made it crystal clear that he no longer wants anything to do with the team. In my opinion he's only hurting his chances of the team getting what they're looking for in a trade which in turn hurts his goal of moving on. He's not good enough to single handedly make a team better like those that are the best at their position. What he doesn't understand is that he is a major part of that "culture" he was talking about. Teams that aren't currently playoff calibre have to wonder if he will force his way out again if wins don't come fast enough for him. I do know one thing. Due to all of his antics the Jags only concern should be getting what that want out of this, not whether he gets to the team he wants.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 05:30 PM by ATLjag.)

At what point does Shad Khan say to Caldwell "I no longer care what an interested team offers, let him sit and rot if he chooses" ?

(04-07-2020, 05:30 PM)ATLjag Wrote: At what point does Shad Khan say to Caldwell "I no longer care what an interested team offers, let him sit and rot if he chooses" ?

I agree. Shad needs to tank the team further to send a message. That way more and more free agents come here to sign.

I don’t think we’d get a 1st round pick in this years draft, maybe next years