Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-20-2020, 03:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He called his owner's kid a clown.   Lolol

Tony is not just the son, he's a co-owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.  Same as if he'd said this to Shad.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2020, 03:13 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: Also, just for fun, what is it with these ACC players throwing all these temper tantrums that would make a toddler jealous?!
Maryland is in the Big Ten....

(04-20-2020, 03:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:13 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: Also, just for fun, what is it with these ACC players throwing all these temper tantrums that would make a toddler jealous?!
Maryland is in the Big Ten....

Yeah, they are now. Always forget about that.... Either way, whining!

(04-20-2020, 02:55 PM)Russian Wrote: Wow this guy’s a [BLEEP]
Can you blame him? He did it the right way and when it came time to be rewarded he was disrespected. The calm way didn't work now he must try the Ramsey way. This is human nature. He's not getting any younger. 
(04-20-2020, 03:06 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 02:45 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Ah I see. So you ignore the fact that their respective QBs are better than ours. The thing is they aren't shackled to a dumpster fire that is the Jags organization. They have a chance to win something now. They didn't staying here. A better situation imo.

Pretty sure the Rams are a dumpster fire waiting to happen:  They have no first round pics for the next 2 years, 30 million in dead cap money THIS year, and about 100 million in cap space locked up in FIVE players [Goff, Donald, Jalen, Cooks(gone) and Gurley (gone)].  Next year, 100 million is locked up in seven players, with Goff/Donald taking up almost 60 million.  Help isn't on the way and Donald isn't getting any younger.  The Niners and Seahawks are always tough and the Cards are only gonna get better with Murray having a year to grow and having Hopkins on the other side of Fitz for the year. They're gonna be LUCKY to finish 6-10

Matt Ryan won ONE more game than Minshew last year.  They've won 7 games each of the past 2 seasons.  Ditto with the Saints being tough and the Bucs coming to play with TB12, Evans, and Godwin.  You think the Falcons are gonna even sniff a WILDCARD?Granted, the Jags are a dumpster fire, but lets not act like the Rams/Falcons are steps away from the Super Bowl.

They made more money.  Thats about it.

Rams and Falcons are still in a better situation than this organization. Despite everything you said, being a Jaguar is bottom of the barrel. Everything above that is better by simple logic.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(04-20-2020, 03:08 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:03 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: From what I've seen, Yan is just throwing a temper tantrum and Khan is completely correct..... And handling it just fine. You can want to be traded all you want. But the fact is, you're a bag until the jags get what they want for you, or your contract runs out. Throwing a temper tantrum like this isn't going to speed the process up the week of the draft. I can only hope they trade him to a team that has little to no chance at making the playoffs, and hopefully they get a haul that drastically lowers that teams chances over the next few years, much like the rams/Ramsey deal. Certainly no reason to just hand him a winning team like he has claimed he wants.

As much as I want to see him get traded to a bottom feeder, the reality is, he has to sign the contract extension for the transaction to go through. I'm starting to think that Yans compensation ultimately will come via the 2021 draft

That's what I want. Three first rounders in 2021, means a very good chance to trade up and get either QB Trevor Lawrence or LT Penei Sewell. Either, would be a HUGE prize.

(04-20-2020, 03:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 02:55 PM)Russian Wrote: Wow this guy’s a [BLEEP]
Can you blame him? He did it the right way and when it came time to be rewarded he was disrespected. The calm way didn't work now he must try the Ramsey way. This is human nature. He's not getting any younger. 
(04-20-2020, 03:06 PM)NCJag Wrote: Pretty sure the Rams are a dumpster fire waiting to happen:  They have no first round pics for the next 2 years, 30 million in dead cap money THIS year, and about 100 million in cap space locked up in FIVE players [Goff, Donald, Jalen, Cooks(gone) and Gurley (gone)].  Next year, 100 million is locked up in seven players, with Goff/Donald taking up almost 60 million.  Help isn't on the way and Donald isn't getting any younger.  The Niners and Seahawks are always tough and the Cards are only gonna get better with Murray having a year to grow and having Hopkins on the other side of Fitz for the year. They're gonna be LUCKY to finish 6-10

Matt Ryan won ONE more game than Minshew last year.  They've won 7 games each of the past 2 seasons.  Ditto with the Saints being tough and the Bucs coming to play with TB12, Evans, and Godwin.  You think the Falcons are gonna even sniff a WILDCARD?Granted, the Jags are a dumpster fire, but lets not act like the Rams/Falcons are steps away from the Super Bowl.

They made more money.  Thats about it.

Rams and Falcons are still in a better situation than this organization. Despite everything you said, being a Jaguar is bottom of the barrel. Everything above that is better by simple logic.

'Disrespected'.   Laughing Laughing Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Continue to believe after all is said and done, he will make less in his career than he would have had he just signed that first deal. Kinda sad it has come to this. He could have been an all time fan favorite.

Showing your rear end when you believe you're "disrespected" isn't human nature.

It's childish, and immature. That's the opposite of an adult's nature.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Well, maybe because he's acting like a dick?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-20-2020, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:08 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: As much as I want to see him get traded to a bottom feeder, the reality is, he has to sign the contract extension for the transaction to go through. I'm starting to think that Yans compensation ultimately will come via the 2021 draft

That's what I want. Three first rounders in 2021, means a very good chance to trade up and get either QB Trevor Lawrence or LT Penei Sewell. Either, would be a HUGE prize.

Same. No reason to rush this right now. Get the compensation you want for him..... If you can grab another Ramsey-style hail for another disgruntled toddler, do it. If it takes till after this years draft, that's fine. I can see a team paying the jags a first and third at some point, but not likely this week.

(04-20-2020, 03:33 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's what I want. Three first rounders in 2021, means a very good chance to trade up and get either QB Trevor Lawrence or LT Penei Sewell. Either, would be a HUGE prize.

Same. No reason to rush this right now. Get the compensation you want for him..... If you can grab another Ramsey-style hail for another disgruntled toddler, do it. If it takes till after this years draft, that's fine. I can see a team paying the jags a first and third at some point, but not likely this week.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(04-20-2020, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:08 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: As much as I want to see him get traded to a bottom feeder, the reality is, he has to sign the contract extension for the transaction to go through. I'm starting to think that Yans compensation ultimately will come via the 2021 draft

Do we really believe we’ll need to trade up? I’m quite confident we’ll be first in line for the 2021 draft.

Lol disrespected... Tom tell him he’s not Lawrence Taylor?

(04-20-2020, 03:30 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Can you blame him? He did it the right way and when it came time to be rewarded he was disrespected. The calm way didn't work now he must try the Ramsey way. This is human nature. He's not getting any younger. 

'Disrespected'.   Laughing Laughing Laughing

Indeed.  Its all bout the "respek" card...

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I really wish they would get this bum off our team.

My top 2 choices are this:
1. Trade him for as least as possible, even if another team offers more. This way you will show him how little he is worth.
or
2. tag him twice and pay top dollar and force him to sit on the bench, again showing him how little he is worth.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 04:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-20-2020, 03:48 PM)JagSwag Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's what I want. Three first rounders in 2021, means a very good chance to trade up and get either QB Trevor Lawrence or LT Penei Sewell. Either, would be a HUGE prize.
Do we really believe we’ll need to trade up? I’m quite confident we’ll be first in line for the 2021 draft.

I thought the Dolphins would have had the #1 pick in this draft. Things happen.

(04-20-2020, 04:01 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: I really wish they would get this bum off our team.

My top 2 choices are this:
1. Trade him for as least as possible, even if another team offers more. This way you will show him how little he is worth.
or
2. tag him twice and pay top dollar and force him to sit on the bench, again showing him how little he is worth.

How do either of those scenarios benefit us?

(04-20-2020, 02:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Live look at Cleatwood deleting old posts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Haha

(04-20-2020, 03:32 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, maybe because he's acting like a dick?

[Image: by.gif]

IMO this is stupid for yan to attempt to provoke the office in this manner. But i also don’t think the owners son/ a member of our front office should be engaging a player in a public arena. I don’t care what is said, let him stick his foot in his mouth and don’t respond.

I think the old saying goes “ never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you will experience.”

It isn’t helping anything. If he wants to act like the bigger/more mature side, pick up the phone and call him. this didn’t make his stock go up so there isn’t a winner in this. IMO The jags may have lost value in a player and the player may have extended his stay. Neither come out on top when they act like this.

(04-20-2020, 04:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: IMO this is stupid for yan to attempt to provoke the office in this manner. But i also don’t think the owners son/ a member of our front office should be engaging a player in a public arena. I don’t care what is said, let him stick his foot in his mouth and don’t respond.

I think the old saying goes “ never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you will experience.”

It isn’t helping anything. If he wants to act like the bigger/more mature side, pick up the phone and call him. this didn’t make his stock go up so there isn’t a winner in this. IMO The jags may have lost value in a player and the player may have extended his stay. Neither come out on top when they act like this.

Players with social media have entered the narrative building arena. Sports media builds narratives based on players social media.

Teams and owners no longer have that monopoly of controlling the media narrative.
Only way to get it back is to enter the social media arena.
Tony had to step up and defend and he did it well.